Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Covok posted:

Is Russian's military even a threat to the U.S. sans nuclear weapons?

They can threaten enough to cause casualties, never win, and NATO would crush them during the counter invasion and russia would no longer exist as we knew it. Nuclear is the only option Russia has besides losing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Captain Invictus posted:

What's the best way to keep up with this thread? I was over 4000 posts behind on the last one when it was locked, with my method of "read every fifth page" doing a decent job of keeping me up to date on what's going on, but still falling behind the rapid pace of these threads. I tried skipping to the end but often found myself mid-discussion about something and got a little lost. A lot of the discussion is great, there's just too much to read all of it, even when I skip whenever it goes into users bickering about petty unrelated things.

Jump to the latest page and live read until you have some sense of whats going on.

Eg: The topic right now - Guns are good to have if youre not a criminal, but don't threaten to kill elected officials (with godawful knockoff guns you're bragging about.)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This is as good a place to ask as any, I guess: why are self-proclaimed liberals openly racist towards Russians (and other Slavic peoples) so much of the time, despite their insistence on pretending that they aren't racist in all other situations?

As a liberal I notice this too. I think its a leftover from everybody dunking on the soviet union for 50 years.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Talmonis posted:

The majority of the Russian people, who give Vlad an 82% approval rating. That's extremely popular for a guy who smugly invades other countries and annexes them after chortling about "little green men," when called on it.

The polls aren't rigged he claimed...

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

PT6A posted:

Seriously: where are people being racist against Russians or Slavic people? I literally have no idea what the gently caress you're referring to.

People commonly equating the Russian government to the Russian populace. Equivalent to equating the KKK to all Caucasians.

Most Russians aren't that big a fan of their government, and most of them are good people who are just along for the ride.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

juge! juge! so huge! much bigly!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
People at Trump rallys want to be part of a group that embraces their racism and sexism instead of being isolated and criticized for their deplorable mindset.

Clinton supporters are already morally smug.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Evil Fluffy posted:

Well if you read Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss...

(Don't read it, Rothfuss is a lovely author)

Why would your tarnish this thread with awful literature when it's already too much Trump

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Do phone banks regularly call cell phones? I've never gotten a poll or survey and no one I know has either, and we're all cell phone only sorts.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

stone cold posted:

If you allow people to behave like neo-Nazis, you
a. Shouldn't be surprised that your website turns in to Stormfront and
B. Should anticipate the corresponding loss in revenue, and inability to market yourself as a product

I don't know, Trump marketing himself to racists is going pretty well for him everything considers. He's got a base fit for the scam TrumpTV will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

BigRed0427 posted:

Honestly I haven't payed a lot of attention to state politics. Anyone else from CT more int he know.

"They're a mess" is about as in the know as I am and I try to be in touch with these things.

• Locked thread