Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

please, she prefers to be called doctor stein

What's the most sarcastic way you can possibly inflect the word "Doctor"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Mixodorian posted:

Remember when Hillary said autism was suspiciously on the rise in 2008 when asked about vaccines? I do

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2015/02/hillary-clinton-vaccine-tweet

So is she as dumb and crazy as Jill Stein now?

The first line says she promotes getting vaccines.

So no.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Mixodorian posted:

This is my point : would Jill stein, in hillarys shoes, have made the same choices to resulted in human suffering and loss of life? I don't think so... So why does being a goofy hippy within reasonable parameters make her crazy? It's all I ever hear about her and I really don't see how it's anything worth worrying about.

All she said is "we don't know if wifi is harmful and let's keep it away from our kids til we do" the science says we aren't for sure yet, even tho I really doubt it's dangerous. This is what's supposed to lead me to believe that she's a worse candidate than Hillary?

Stein claims to be ready to be president. That's lock-her-up certifiably crazy material right there.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

And then hems and haws that maybe we just need to ask more questions guys.

Are you responding to the right person here or something? I'm confused.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think the big problem I have with this article

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-just-a-normal-polling-error-behind-clinton/

is that we are currently at the bottom of what seems like a constant fluctuation from a norm of 73.4%

If we are at the current bottom of the bubble, why assume the polling error is further negative rather than a regression the mean?
when you shake things they go down, not up.

• Locked thread