Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The nightmare is over in a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bhsman posted:

I'm curious to know which goons have already voted or if anyone prefers going on Election Day for the spectacle/tradition.
It's not much of a spectacle here. I just go on election day because it's pretty simple. The only thing I'm worried about is my congressman possibly getting booted by the Koch Brothers shill they've been pouring money into.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Somebody do a compare and contrast between Trump's novel and Scooter Libby's.

Edit: Just remembered that Libby's novel was titled The Apprentice.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Nov 1, 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Democrats/liberals/progressives all tend to keep quieter about their politics in work situations, in my experience. Wingnuts can't keep thst poo poo to themselves and are often awful to work with.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

rscott posted:

I had to leave my lab for a minute today because my boss was talking about how "the gays stole the rainbow, and now we can't like rainbows anymore and they stole the word gay too and why can't they make up their own word"
Thankfully the subject had changed once I returned
The other major distinction is that I think most of them are misguided and not just plain evil. If I voiced some of my opinions to them they'd write me off forever

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I informed my brother that he needs to get up early next Wednesday for victory breakfast like we did 4 years ago. He doesn't want to but I think I'll win ig I'm annoying enough.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm planning on buying this issue of NY magazine and loving framing it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

NYDN just needs to come out with a coffee table book with all their campaign covers and some supplementary material.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not many. By all reports, TFR is one of the best-behaved gun forums on the internet. I don't have any basis for comparison, but there's a reason it's still part of the forums.
It is the only good gun forum on the internet. While I like guns and would like to continue owning them, gun culture is incredibly toxic, and I hate gun nuts.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Munkeymon posted:

They don't have them already or is that the joke or ??????

:thejoke:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

My dad's an old dude from the south side of Chicago. I'm pretty sure he's going insane right now
It's the baddest part of town.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd like to see Republicans go live in the magical land of Russia so they can experience real misery. On top of that they won't know the language so they van get the whole immigrant experience before being bludgeoned to death by unemployed teenagers for looking a little gay.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He's CD shitposter extraordinaire SMG's hero if that tells you anything.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I honestly hope November 9th is like the episode of South Park where all the McCain voters are preparing to commit mass suicide.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tom Guycot posted:

I would almost stake my life that its going to have 1) the kessle run 2) meeting chewie and 3) han winning the falcon from lando. But c'mon! How great is the idea of smugglers and criminals in the fastest ship in the galaxy being made into a star wars version of fast and furious, its so god drat perfect.
Origin stories suck. Have them do something pulpy like in one of the Brian Daley novels.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tom Guycot posted:

I agree fully, thats why I'd love to just see an awesome fast and furious style heist movie with lando chewie han and the rock playing someone. However, I'm pretty sure Disney is going to make it an origin story, or at least make sure all those 'origin' elements are there.
Legend of Tarzan sidestepped all the origin story bullshit, because we all know who Tarzan is, and was a good movie that didn't gently caress around.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sounds about right. Daiper Don, ha!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nessus posted:

OK, so where is a far-left politician who we must roundly condemn and piously repeat that they are Just as Bad? Because I can't think of a single one, while "David Duke as the Republican nominee in 2020" is a plausible scenario.
Duke has committed skightly less fraud than Trump has, so he's got that going for him.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Domestic Amuse posted:

I remember getting dogpiled in GBS for sharing the same sentiment, as if I should feel sorry for someone who thought it'd be cute to make a racially-loaded quip on Twitter and then pretended to not understand the backlash that ensued, despite working in public relations.
Last election some dumb lady lost her job at Coldstone because she decided to call the president the n-word online. Then it turned out she wasn't even registered to vote. If finding enjoyment in that is wrong I don't want to be right.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Saw this on facebook (from an old acquaintance who has had an upside-down US flag as his avatar since Pres. Obama took office, so he's a shithead):

It sent a chill down my spine and made me whiteknuckle my drink. I never even interacted with Vilerat, but from everything I've heard and read about him ... uuuuugh. We've been other this multiple times, but it still makes me angry.
It's fairly safe to say that Stevens, Doherty, and Vilerat wouldn't have voted for Trump. Don't know about Woods but putting words in his mouth is pretty lovely.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I was so excited to get a native protagonist who wasn't a bad stereotype but the game around him was lousy. :smith:
AssCreed 3 isn't even mediocre. It's just plain bad. I gave up halfway through because the game wouldn't just let me play.

The entire game is:
Introduce gameplay element
Use element in incredibly restrictive way
Participate in historical event in incredibly restrictive way
Modern day story no one cares about
Kill yourself because you can't take it anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Young Freud posted:

Sorry, Facebook shitheel, knowing what we know, Chris Stevens and Vilerat would still vote for Hilary
As would Doherty.

• Locked thread