Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mixodorian posted:

This is my point : would Jill stein, in hillarys shoes, have made the same choices to resulted in human suffering and loss of life?

Jill Stein is completely inept as a politician and as a leader. If anything, Jill Stein would have made different choices to result in more human suffering and more loss of life

Mixodorian posted:

All she said is "we don't know if wifi is harmful and let's keep it away from our kids til we do" the science says we aren't for sure yet

No it doesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mixodorian posted:

Holy poo poo hahahahaha. So being anti vax was fine til 2010? I think a lot of people owe that McCarthy lady an apology.

This would work if Jill Stein was anti vax, but you know she definitely isn't lol.

Well, no, not exactly. There was a shitload of evidence suggesting that the Wakefield study was just wrong, but it was still a popularized datapoint and that was enough to get people to say "the jury's still out"; most people didn't really know either way. It wasn't until 2010 that it was discovered that Wakefield had basically defrauded the world, at which point the autism-vaccination link became completely discredited. Saying "we should continue looking into the matter" was a totally reasonable opinion up until that point and not at all the same as being an antivaxxer, you dumbfuck.

Meanwhile, Jill Stein is a loving trained medical doctor and should know better than to pander to these antivax idiots in TYOOL 2016.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mixodorian posted:

Thank you, even my teenage self could go on google and figure that out pre-2010.

I don't know. I can't sleep so I'm on here. I just feel like there is a subset of people who literally cannot accept any criticism of Hillary. I'll be the first to say Jill Stein probably burns sage smudges or whatever. I just worry that this will continue after she is elected and people will be afraid to make any sort of attempt to hold her feet to the fire over the inevitable bad ideas she comes up with.

Well then you obviously haven't been reading USPol very long because people here have plenty of negative opinions about Clinton, but that doesn't stop people from liking her overall. She's not being treated like some sort of untouchable messiah you dumbshit, no one's perfect, but I'd sure as gently caress rather have her than any of the other presidential candidates, including Jill Stein

Like if you think that people are going to be afraid of criticizing President Hillary Clinton then it might be because you're turning stupid from lack of sleep. Go to sleep and then take a reality check.

Mixodorian posted:

Well I think it'd be hard for Jill Stein to beat supporting the Iraq War!

and yes, I've already looked into this before, I couldn't find a single journal that said we knew for sure either way the safety of wi-fi. I posted a recent pubmed in the last thread, go check it out

If Jill Stein was Senator of New York in the early 2000s, what makes you think that she would vote against the Iraq War? And don't act like you know what her principles were 14 years ago. The fact of the matter is that most people from both sides of the aisle voted for the war, and a loving New York Senator probably would have gotten poo poo-canned for opposing it at the time. I have no doubt that Stein would have happily voted for the war, were she in Clinton's shoes.

Regarding wifi exposure, when Jill Stein doubled down on the Wifi thing during her Reddit AMA the best source that she could come up with was a Scientific American article about exposure to cell phone towers. But she obviously didn't read it beyond the loving title because Spoiler Alert: the article points out that none of the discussed studies found any statistically significant links between cell phone tower exposure and any kind of malady.

Mixodorian posted:

Oh, Hillary will get more than what could ever be considered humane or fair just for being a woman. I just worry no one will speak up if she decides to nix our trust building with Iran cuz the Houthis (rightfully, imo) hate Saudi Arabia. I also hear from my mother about her March speech in Harlem where she promised social justice for black Americans will be the top mission of her presidency, something she seemingly doesn't care to talk about much anymore.

Clinton has been working for/with black communities for her entire political career. She probably doesn't talk about it much anymore because she doesn't need to; people who care about black communities already know where she stands, and people who don't care about black communities also don't care about Clinton's support of black communities.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mixodorian posted:

Sorry, I genuinely didn't realize you were singling in on that.

I still stand by the fact that Jill Stein supports campaign zero, along with her choice of Baraka, would be the better pick for black Americans.

Check out Hillary's section on racial justice and police reform on her campaign site. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/criminal-justice-reform/

(When you go to issues and hit racial justice, it goes to that link. I think we have more problems than the criminal justice system but w/e)

Anyways her proposals are federal guidelines for police, body cameras, and acknowledging policing is racist. That's really it. It doesn't inspire any confidence in me. To each their own though.

Baraka is a Holocaust denier and believes that the Russian occupation of Ukraine is a false flag operation. How do you feel about that?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Comstar posted:

Trump hotline to Moscow bank revealed as FBI probes Kremlin's five-year plan

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: Votez escroc, pas facho > USPOL Nov: There's a Trump Sex Tape and the Kremlin has it.

In other news, any further posts by Prester Jane? I found them very interesting.

what in the everloving gently caress is happening

did wifi make us all insane? is this a joke?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

RCP Average in New Hampshire went from Clinton 4.7 to Clinton 0.8 in 24 hours.

I'd say that counts as "way down" because it is the single largest 24 hour drop since they started polling this year.

Post your map

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

In the Mos Isley Cantina. What the gently caress is the poo poo on the face of the guy threatening Luke? Is he suppose to be a pig man?

Please don't talk about my physical appearance in uspol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

It is possible to say two bad things are different without meaning that one of them isn't actually bad.

Sure but it's also true that Roman slavery was in fact chattel slavery

• Locked thread