Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I'm so excited to stop hearing about Donald Trump every single day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Huh, so the crazy lady yelling about Romney losing video was posted at the end of the last thread (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoqti0lzAw) and I decided to see what she was up to and how many 'trump that bitch' shirts she owned. Turns out shes a die hard Glenn Becker nevertrump who hates his guts and can't wait for him to lose and has turned on Sean Hannity and Gingrich etc. I was not expecting that.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

So how does everyone think election night will go down?

Will Pence have to give a concession speech?
Will Ranch Penis have to give the concession speech on behalf of the GOP?
Will Trump promise to litigate it and say its not over?
Will Trump call for people to protest?
Will Trump just fly back to new york and pretend he never ran for president and refuse to comment on it when the blowout is too large to fight?
Will Trump shock the world and actually give a concession speech?

Boy, sure is exciting having a loving lunatic running that won't even let the first woman president win with any grace. So many possibilities!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Cingulate posted:

I imagine it'll be like the pussy tape apology. He'll start off sounding like a reasonable person who is totally surprising everyone by doing the conventional, normal, sane thing, and then transition into foaming at the mouth attacks within .7 seconds.

This is a good option as well.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Its just so surreal. In any given year its not even a question, one person wins, the loser calls them, gives a nice little speech speaking well about the winner and walks away.

Trump is so crazy he's not even going to stick to that most basic of things, he's like some insane orange 10k dollar weave Alexander the great cutting the gordian knot of civility.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Cingulate posted:

Related, who's gonna play Trump on Game Change 2?

Is it possible to do a Trump performance thats not an outright parody?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Charlz Guybon posted:

Trump will claim (falsely) that the Agent Greenback theory is true so he can say he succeeded.

The what?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

So I know the democrats are supposed to take a shellacking in 2018, but just how bad is it going to be? Is there any chance of them winning enough seats to fast track through an impeachment?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

vyelkin posted:

iirc you need two thirds of the Senate to vote for an impeachment and at present there is literally zero chance of either party ever holding 67 out of 100 Senate seats.

Well thats good to know.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Seriously. The national polling was at +1 to +2 Obama at this time in 2012.

Yeah, this whole election is feeling like that movie, the great white hype. Trump is going to get knocked the gently caress out and everyone is going to scratch their heads wondering how when it was so neck and neck the whole time!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Any reason to worry over Hillary not doing as well with black people as in 2012? Or just unfounded due to her not being Obama?

Don't forget the increase in voter disenfranchisement thats gone on since 2012.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mcmagic posted:

Generic Democrat beats Trump by 10. Kaine was a popular senator and governor from a purple state with zero scandals in his background. He would be cruising.

I actually think there isn't a candidate available to put up who could be doing better than her. Shes got at least the support Obama had, plus shes picked off women support from the GOP like no one else has and probably would have been able to.

If you want to blame the closeness, blame the media narrative and a GOP electorate that would vote for Hitler with a shrug as long as he was running as a republican.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Endorph posted:

having a big strong dick for mcmagic to jelq while thinking about

Really, I mean, what if her lady problems and hormones make her start a war with Russia and cut all welfare services?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mcmagic posted:

Pretty much every Republican who has endorsed Trump's main argument to vote for him is "We have to beat Hillary Clinton." That never works on someone like Kaine who doesn't have the 30 year history she does.

It feels very "Romney binders full of women" to just list a bunch of minorities and women... I'm sure you can guess who I would mention. Pretty much any democrat who is a national elected and doesn't have her negatives.

Good points, but you're missing the fact that shes running a great campaign and any other available candidate would be doing worse than her.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mcmagic posted:

We just aren't going to agree on that.

Wrong, I think we can both at least agree Hillary is doing better than anyone else would be in her position.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mcmagic posted:

Nah she's a popular multi term senator with zero negatives.

Those aren't negatives. In fact her gun history would've been a positive in the general. She doesn't have 30 years of baggage.

I agree it would definitely help her, or at least be less likely to be used against her. On the other hand though, its pretty clear that she would be doing worse than Hillary is.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mcmagic posted:

It's not clear but you can just keep repeating that over and over again if you want.

Well, I just mean by virtue of the fact that Hillary is running a great campaign and there isn't anyone in the running who would be doing a better job against Trump than her, is what makes it fairly clear though.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Phone posted:

What is a mcmagic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hc7gVmoMoA

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

"Takeru Kobayashi would have been up by 14 hot dogs" - mcmagic, 2012

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Protip: McMagic will never concede any point. It's like pulling teeth. He has his opinions, he treats them as fact, and nothing will change them.

I don't think hes as unreasonable as all that, I mean yeah he clearly wishes it was bernie, but he conceded at least a few pages back that Hillary is running a great campaign, and doing better than any of the other choices to run would have.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mcmagic posted:

I wish it was pretty much any other democrat with a national profile since they would probably be doing better and have more coattails down ballot.

Well, the problem with any of the other democrats with a national profile is, they would all be doing worse than Hillary is, because shes running a great campaign.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mcmagic posted:

Even if she was she still has 30 years of deserved and undeserved baggage weighing her down.

Right, but that just speaks to how good she is, that with all that baggage shes still doing better than any of the other available dems would have.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Crain posted:

Don't know if this was posted but it seems that our buddy Tashan Dorrsett is getting the FBI involved with investigating her ban:

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793397187984039936

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793444823969607680

Holy poo poo, was Tashan Dorrsett former insane poster Tweak all this time? That would explain so much...

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Zeluth posted:

Pence should have been aborted.

Maybe he was and it couldn't stop him. Maybe thats why he hates them so much.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Lol what is this poo poo? I wake up and the FBI is doing ANOTHER political hit? ahahaha This campaign crazy is growing at a geometric rate.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Charlz Guybon posted:

Turnout's going to be really high this year. Which is likely screwing up the polls. Not sure who that favors on a national scale though.

I'm going out on a limb and say its not going to favour the guy who couldn't get more than a dozen people to get on buses and vote for him at one of his own rallies.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

attackmole posted:

Probably already been discussed, but my favourite quote that I saw a day or two ago about the Trump campaign was from some old GOP strategist who said something like "He's not running a campaign, he's running a concert tour." Of course the buses didn't work and like a dozen people actually went to vote after the rally, because Trump's only campaign goal is to get as many people into arenas as he can and then say whatever makes them cheer the loudest. Everything else is extraneous. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps having rallys after the election as a narcissistic idiot speaking tour (Real Talk With Trump! or some other dumb poo poo) because I think they're only part of the political process that he seems to be enthusiastic about and I don't know if he wants to let the high go.

Hey he can bill it as the TRUE state of the union addresses from the REAL president, not that phony one the (((globalists))) put into fake power.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Skyline Chili?

You should look up what the word redeem means. :v:

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

TyrantWD posted:

They barely even cared about down ballot races until 10 days ago.

But enough about Trump's campaign-

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

AriadneThread posted:

suppose the gop successfully impeaches president clinton, but fails to get her actually removed from office
are they free to to just keep coming up with impeachment charges until one sticks?

Do you remember the obamacare votes? Expect Hillary to get impeached by the house every week for 8 years.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Rookersh posted:

I would love if the GOP impeached Clinton, she gracefully stepped down, and then we had President Kaine.

Because as long as he doesn't gently caress it up ( and he wouldn't ), he'd have

- a better approval rating then Hillary since he isn't Hillary

and

- a better approval rating then the GOP for the stunt they just pulled.

And then we'd get to watch the GOP clench up hard as they realize they just guaranteed the Presidency to the Dems for the next 8/16 years.

I don't want a woman who has worked so hard, gone through so much poo poo, and is the first and so far only female president ever to step down and have to take that poo poo on top of everything else.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

TyrantWD posted:

Demographics were supposed to make 2016 unwinnable for a Republican, and despite offending Hispanic voters as much as they probably could, this election is looking like it's going to be won because of college educated white voters that Trump alienated.

2016 was unwinnable. Trump never had a lead, he never once had any kind of lead ever. The idea this was a horse race was a myth.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Ice Phisherman posted:

*Puts a small, yellow dog onto his head. Clears throat. Squares shoulders. Tiny hands are poised to gesticulate.*

"You know folks. It's sad. Sad really. Back in my day we knew how to deal with protesters. They don't get it. They don't. So sad. Sad that they don't get it. Within the first hundred days I propose the DAF act in order to quell urban unrest. What's the DAF act? It's terrifiic folks, you won't believe it. See we have to go back into our history to find solutions to everyday problems. And with urban unrest? It'll be a total sneak attack, because brown people don't show up here! *laughter* I kid, I kid. Some of my favorite friends happen to be the blacks. Yes folks, the DAF act. Short for dogs and fire hoses. That's right. The good ones won't have to worry about it. It'll be safe. And every single drop of water will be sourced from our very own Trump brand bottled water. It'll be terrific folks. Just terrific you wouldn't believe it. We need law and order. Law and order. *Rambles on for a bit before finally remembering his catchphrase, but with a twist*.Dogs and fire hoses will make America great again!"

You've phrased this wrong, he would tailor the speech to the idea this was a really good thing for black folks to fix their communities, and that every black person he meets supports it.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Tricky D posted:

The presumption hinges mostly on the prisoner's dilemma of the GoP where they are essentially forced by their base to enact policy that is poisonous to minority voters. Admittedly these numbers suggest that Latinos are growing dissatisfied with the Dems, but they do not suggest that they are moving to the GoP. In theory, the Republican party could make the policy changes needed to court these voters, but at that point it's hard to imagine how they would be any different policy wise from the centrist Democrats.

I honestly don't know what can change to make the GOP more palatable on the national stage. This election has proved the base doesn't give two shits about one single piece of long standing GOP economic policy. They are in it for guns, gays, racism, fetuses, and their own jobs, nothing more. The problem is those core issues, outside of their jobs, are just not winning issues, they're dying out. So what do you make a transformation on? You change those and you now have no party outside of bow-tie wearing college republicans.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Captain Invictus posted:

Remember the "PROTIP: shoot the cyberdemon until it dies" infamous gamepro DOOM II picture from back in the day? Never happened, it was a parody image.

Next you're going to tell me no one has huge guts and we don't need to rip and tear. Go to hell.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Bad news boys, Julian and US intelligence agents found out about the Clinton's civilian coup on Nov 1st and are fighting back with a silent counter coup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov5kvWSz5LM

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

PhazonLink posted:

games and cartoons are stupid.

Also Nintendo is misogynistic because they refuse to make more games for the series that was videogame's first strong woman protag.

I think letting Nintendo make any more metroid games at this point would just make them MORE misogynistic.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

A film from national geographic on climate change went up for free on youtube yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90CkXVF-Q8M.
Interesting to see one of the scientists talking about all the threats they got from all sides including legitimate death threats and unidentified white powder mailed to him.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/buzzfeednews/status/793797572234215424

Video of his altercation with police at a high school event.

The question you gotta ask yourself is, do you want to create joinder punk?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

This is the good poo poo I need right now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

So Trump fans scared off that woman making rape allegations against him? Did anything more happen with that?

Piles of puke

• Locked thread