Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
None of you ever listen, but we're six days away from the loop kicking in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Tir McDohl posted:

Recently, I was in a car with a friend and there was an audio clip of Madonna saying she'd give bjs for men voting for Hillary. I ignored it, clearly an out of context quote to generate buzz like anything else you hear on the radio. My friend was less than amused and talked about how Madonna was always like that and back in the 90s she was taken to the ER and they had to pump a gallon of sperm out of her belly or some poo poo.

I called it out for the urban legend bullshit it is, but he got on my case asking why I was so defensive. I found the Snopes page about this particular urban legend, which has been attributed to several music artists including Freddie Mercury and others.

Then my friend told me Snopes is biased and don't trust them. People don't care about the truth and create their own narrative whenever convenient.

:sever: Seriously, your friend is going to get more broken after the election. It's not your job to fix him.

• Locked thread