Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Apraxin posted:

Also:
https://twitter.com/Sarah_Boxer/status/794000050624069632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Haha, Trump's 'victory part' is invite-only. No Corrupt Media Allowed!

Ah man. I wanted to see Trump implode live on air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/CandaceSmith_/status/794214725622042624

Not to go too much anti-BillMitchell, other than the obvious bullshit claim, doesn't that look like a poor showing for a Trump rally?

Most of his rallies are something like this. Usually they just try to make the crowd seem bigger by packing the audience in one section of seats, and then cropping photos to the crowded section.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
This election forecast has been stabler than previous elections.

Hillary has been in the lead for this entire race, except maybe for a few days after the Republican primary and the media called her the comeback kid. The only thing up in the air is how much she will win by, and if she will have Democrat controlled Senate.

Hillary Clinton's favorability rating is garbage because it is campaign season. America is more partisan than ever, so it is not surprising that half the country hates her, since that half lean Republican. The Republican hate machine changed gears from Obama to Hillary. Obama has better favorability rating now because no one is dragging him down.

Hillary is obviously someone who loves sea otters and will take sensible steps to ensuring the sea otter population continues to recover, such as protecting marine sanctuaries. Trump will kill sea otters because their fur coats a bigly business in Russia.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

stone cold posted:

Friend, I recommend looking up the Smoot-Hawley tariff to give you an idea of how bad raising tariffs super loving high is.

Also, I like that your example is ostensibly a common person (being hurt pretty bad having to pay $10 for a formerly $3 good) but you think that this sort of constriction of market access will only hurt the rich and those in LDCs.

I don't even understand the reasoning behind super high import tariffs. It just sounds like imposing economic sanctions on your own country.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I take the coach McGuirk approach to diet and exercise. You can put whatever you want in the gas tank as long as you drive it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

I am honestly surprised at how much has been done to address climate change. Obama and Hillary are even addressing it in their speeches and people are consistently saying it is an important issue to them.

Honestly I was ready to become a climate refugee in my retirement, but I am willing to give up my Mad Max outfit for a less apocalyptic future.

• Locked thread