Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
speng31b
May 8, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME!? http://www.vox.com/2016/11/1/13489510/fbi-clinton-foundation

Just. Holy poo poo, fire Comley. I don't care if it makes Clinton look bad at this point.

Jesus Christ there has to be some sort of recourse for this poo poo, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

TyrantWD posted:

If the Democrats can't retake the Senate, we are better off having Trump burn everything to the ground immediately, rather than wading through 4 years of Chaffetz and Gowdy driven poo poo before a polished GOP turd comes in and burns everything to the ground.

Ah yes the totally sane and rational philosophy of accelerationism, it's about that time again.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

axeil posted:

Well it's pretty easy to prove Sam Wang wrong. If it's a 99% chance to win and it ends up coming down to the wire it probably wasn't a 99% chance. It's why I don't like Wang's model, he doesn't allow for enough uncertainty.

"Coming down to the wire" is a little hard to define, though. There's always the speculation that the Clinton lead of ~6-7% baked in, that the videos didn't really hurt Trump, emails don't hurt Clinton, there's some noise but things don't matter that much and demographically what is happening is what would have happened under a drastically different set up circumstances as long as the electoral demographics were the same.

speng31b fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 2, 2016

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Who broke Nate Silver?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I don't understand why so many people are throwing their careers in the trash over Trump. Or is the fear of Hillary being an actually effective president so great that they figure tanking her in advance is worth it? Maybe they gave up on Trump entirely and it's all just about 2020.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

SuperMechaGodzilla

He posts insanely long impenetrable defenses of bad movies full of tedious jargon from a PHIL101 class

For example, he has written like a hundred thousand words defending Batman v. Superman as a modern masterpiece of cinema

And yet I defy you to disagree with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Yeah I'm sorry but those two things bear no relation. Trump having a stupid schedule is because he's stupid and disorganized, independent of all else.

• Locked thread