Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
https://twitter.com/nhannahjones/status/793452313423798272

Clinton is getting higher Hispanic voter turnout but could potentially be under focusing on black voters in Florida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

^^^^^ Sorry to tell you, but... ^^^^^

Word from FL is that a) early voting is more republican b) black turnout is lower than 2012 so....

And the reason for that is that hillarys ground game in Florida relied on more commercials and less direct outreach to black voters and their communities

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

I don't think it's more white people voting dropping the black share down. It's more hispanic people voting.

Also, reports from strategists suggest that Clinton is not doing enough to engage with black voters. While other demographics may be a factor some of this probably can be attributed to insufficient action by the campaign.

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/793607304981598209

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

I will miss Joe Biden even though I realize that he has the essentially similar hawkish issues Clinton kinda has?

https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/status/793604888869634048

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

I'm still skeptical about this kind of talk. I remember hearing that AA turnout was expected to dip back down to 2000-2004 levels again, and we all know how that turned out.

2008 and 2012 were record levels of turnout for obvious reasons, but I don't like that Team Clinton isn't partnering with local groups as much as they could be!

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

wasn't one of the main arguments for hillary over bernie was that she was gonna be able to get lots of black support because of all of the relationships the clintons had with them

i say this as someone who wasn't a bernie supporter, it just doesn't make sense why this would be happening based on what we were told before

Bernie and Hillary's shortcomings with engaging with minority voters aren't mutually exclusive. Her team having weaknesses in black voter engagement doesn't mean Bernie's was better.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/793626439379718144

Reminder that Silicon Valley continues to let this Trump surrogate:

a) Make gobs of money
b) Serve in influential business positions

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like a full term of GOP obstructionism and constantly investigating Hillary, it would backfire and make them look like assholes to everyone but the fringe. Most American want the goverment to work, and if its clear that straight up one party is doing everything to prevent that from happening, it won't gain them any sympathy.

Most of the electorate already forgot about the government shutdown

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Iron Lung posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo i'm streaming HRC's speech in Tempe and had to close the comments because they're basically all KILLARY! LOCK HER UP! and its gross. And basically every little reaction emoji across the bottom is an angry face. If thats any indication you guys, I think Trump may have this one in the bag.

That's X amount of Trump people not doing anything productive GOTV-wise

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Justus posted:

I just moved to Maryland last month, and I really don't know much about Gov. Hogan. Fill me in. What's he done that's been particularly slimy?

Suggest additional Transport money for everyone but Baltimore.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-cubs-have-a-smaller-chance-of-winning-than-trump-does/

:stare:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

Insane that Cleveland went through two championship series that began with a team going up 3-1 and then collapsing in a heap.

But the Browns continue to exist

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Munkeymon posted:

I just realized that MLB is way more OK with beardy white dudes celebrating a paltry single-point score than the NFL is with black dudes celebrating six points and :smith:

It's still racist when Latin American players do it

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Today in :stare: news

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/794145017430503424

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

The Ken Bones of America

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Kilroy posted:

Biden might be doing better. I don't think O'Malley or Webb would have had a chance.

Maybe not on a personal wellness level because there is a 100% chance Trump says poo poo about Beau Biden.

In Criming while White news:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/794157700120711168

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

canepazzo posted:

Personally I like Upshot Nate more than 538 Nate.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/794175419381678080

I'm fine with their model being more conservative because it's useful as a reference but Nate and Harry have been Arzying over individual polls a lot recently, which is something they told us not to do :ironicat:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Giant Meteor 2016 is technically relevant to the FF derail

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Tim Kaine oppo bomb dropped from his old roommate

https://twitter.com/amandalitman/status/794266639994912771

:3:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

El Pollo Blanco posted:

https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/794329744355553280

Trump apparently just (again) compared his financial bravery to that of the MoH recipients sitting behind him.

"I've always wanted to get a Purple Heart"

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/794340586425896960

Grandma no

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Deified Data posted:

I don't get it I DON'T GET IT

She's campaigning with Pharell Williams as a surrogate today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Uuughhh. If she's going that hard for the toddler set she should really be campaigning with Silento and Idina Menzel

Bernie is also at the rally so I have no idea what the target demographics are for this NC event specifically

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

iospace posted:

It's not overselling, it's /people not giving a gently caress/. That's the problem. The Cuba stuff would sink anyone else.

Remember when Clinton was terrible for not giving Press conferences and then Trump did the same thing and now it's not a thing anymore?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah the media is still doing some of Trump's work for him

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/794519117969518592

Noted political distraction employment statistics :allears:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/mattkatz00/status/794560347801788420

Bridgegate verdict incoming

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

CascadeBeta posted:

I so want that image photoshopped so Hillary is playing D&D or Call of Cthulhu.

Mazes and Monsters is a far out game.

Since she's celebrating a Cubs WS win in the actual photo there's a non zero chance Cthulu is involved

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

I don't understand the coup thing. You're GS employees with a pretty strictly defined set of behaviors. Your union can't and won't protect you for attempting stupid poo poo like this. You're fired, the end, coup over.

Then you and your buddies start or join a private practice and sell consulting services to the Peter Thiels of the world

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/NoahRemnick/status/794562449009733632

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyB64gnC4Qs

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Think Roman candle, only you flick it and confetti flies all over creation. I used them last year in an opera and it's one of the most satisfying things you can do without risking blowing your thumbs off.

I had to vacuum confetti out of a carpet once though, so it just brings back painful memories

At least it's not glitter :gonk:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

I've got the scoop!

Nothingburgers galore today

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/794604909710610434

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/794690527224594432

So far so good in NC early voting. But I'd have to look at remaining counties to feel safer about Clinton's lead

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Charlz Guybon posted:

That's statewide voting though, what do you mean by remaining counties?

If there's a lot of mostly r voting counties that have yet to vote the lead might slip election day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Look for any good summary of the hatch act but essentially you can't do anything at work or host fundraisers. You can give money though

• Locked thread