Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ratbert90 posted:

Thanks to the Cubs winning I am now convinced that Donald J Trump will be the next president of the United States. If the Cubs can win; anything is possible. :smith:

I've always joked that the Cubs winning would be a harbinger of the End Times, now it doesn't seem like a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

greatn posted:

Speaking of Ghostbusters, I bought Dan Ackroyd Crystal Head Vodka for election night.

What drinks should I make? I figured I would use tomato juice to make Bloody Marys when a swing state goes red, but was wondering about blue states. ABC also what I should do in case McMullin wins Utah.

Blue motherfuckers for dems, and purple drank fire McMullin. Though you'd probably die with the latter, so maybe just drink grape juice?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Zizek is someone who'd never link the First Flame.

Broken clock I guess.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Craft brews aren't going to result in the end of America but him encouraging people to vote Trump could.

Not anymore since making like 5 billion IPAs is going out of fashion.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

What is it you really expect of them that they aren't doing? Directly refuse to allow Trump supporters to have a platform there?

Yes. Exactly this.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Scent of Worf posted:

Gamefaqs is still well moderated. I'm 26 and also used GameFaqs a ton from 16 to 21~. It was a really great place for video game discussion as long as it wasn't something like Final Fantasy and the like. Any game you were playing had a forum ready to go and most likely had an active small community on there that posted lots of info about the game. I spent a ton of time looking up info/talking about PS2, DS and PSP games on there.

Any community that doesn't have strict moderation is going to be overrun by 4chan parasites because those kind of people all flock to places like that since they've likely already been banned from communities with actual moderation.

I couldn't believe someone was actually saying positive things about GameFAQs in TYOOL 2016 and I checked some old boards I haven't visited in like 10 years.

Nope, still garbage fires indistinguishable from /v/, I don't know what the gently caress you're talking about.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

That Patrician looks like he's going to piss on the crowd. :catstare:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

A coworker just admitted she voted for Trump because she doesn't want the first female president to also be the first impeached female president

That's... a viewpoint I haven't heard before, that's for sure

"I don't want Hillary in office so she can't get kicked out if office" :confused:

She's dumb.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Bhaal posted:

I've noticed this category of people on the left--I'm not sure what to call them, maybe alt-accelerationist or something--that reference "poisoning the well" as their reason for doing things like not voting for hillary or wishing the ACA didn't pass. They see these things as compromised progressivism that will do more to block actual progress than if they hadn't happened at all.

"It's better than we have now, but not as good as what we should have and will turn people away from progressive solutions"

I get their point, but it's a question of where you draw the line I guess. I think you are asking people to bear the cost of not having an imperfect improvement today in exchange for a theoretically better improvement in the future, maybe. But if you give the right wingers and inch, legislatively, then your job in the future will be harder and/or you just circuitously argued for accelerationism.

That feels suspiciously similar to those arguments saying that Gay Marriage Legalization was a secret conservative victory, because now there was nothing keeping gay men from voting Republican now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

BarbarianElephant posted:

Gay marriage was not a wholly liberal issue, because rich and powerful people can also be gay and have gay friends and family. There were some gay conservative groups pushing for gay marriage. Of course, in 20 years time, it'll be all the noble conservatives pushing through gay marriage against the vehement protestations of the bigoted liberals (who came up with Don't ask, Don't tell!)

I disagree, the Religious Right is (or was) the dominant force in conservative American politics. And their two main issues were opposition to abortion rights and homosexuality. The opposing view is absolutely a liberal issue, even if small groups of conservatives are okay with it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Donkwich posted:

I don't know, it's worked well for Scientology so far

Same strategy as North Korea with Dennis Rodman too.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

But he does worship the Ruinous Powers?

Maybe, but I'm not sure what that would accomplish because Trump seems to have the favor of all 4 Chaos Gods.

Okay you can get Tzeentch on both sides because he's a dick like that.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

UmOk posted:

Um. I'm not an Accelerationist. I just like funny things.

Maybe you're sufficiently sheltered to where a Trump Presidency can look like a joke, but he represents a quite real existential threat to me and a lot of other people and will do so until he loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Xae posted:

No way Tzeentch or Khorne get behind Trump.

That fucker is Slaanesh through and through.

Trump wants to turn the entire middle east into radioactive glass and Khorne gets to add millions to the Skull Throne.

With both the FBI and Russia conspiring for him, I wouldn't be surprised Tzeentch is involved.

Slaanesh is obvious.

Nurgle because Trump's a fat gently caress too? I dunno.

• Locked thread