Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Radish posted:

"Well yes Trump is a sleeper agent from Moscow. But remember we need that SCOTUS seat to undo gay marriage, make abortion illegal, destroy all labor protections, allow companies to get around all safety and environmental regulations, protect the Constitution. Also he's going to cut taxes so you have to think long term about the good of the country and vote Trump regardless" every Moderate Republican.

Also half of the Trumpsters wouldn't believe it and the other half would suddenly start talking about how being ruled by Putin via proxy would be a great thing.

"Moderate" is just a code word for Republicans who want to act like they're adults and above the fray by acting like they'll only go as far as Saint Reagan and keep the racism coded or for Democrats who are spineless and break to every little Republican push because they too want to appear "adult". It's a cancer pushed by people who benefit by the status quo and are afraid of any change to it. At their core, moderates are just conservatives who refuse to take up the mantle of shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Is it the fate of all old people to get hateful as gently caress as they get older? I swear my grandpa wasn't always so bigoted towards Muslims, black people, immigrants and people speaking a non-English language in public. But over the past year he has gotten really pissy about it and really openly hateful. It seemed to start getting worse with Obama, wherein he called him a "porch monkey" in front of of my Dominican Aunt and has just gotten worse, peaking this year. Part of it seems to be a slide into dementia and the anger that comes with that, but part of it also just seems to be building hate. I also hear my grandma saying all sorts of snide poo poo about Mexicans and Hispanics in general (she was born in Panama, to a Panamanian mother) and also "immigrants" speaking "some Arabic" in public. gently caress even my mom is going on about BLM and poo poo.

None of these people were ever progressive, but goddamn it is getting worse each year. I sometimes wonder if I should just set an age where I Logan's Run my rear end to avoid it, if that's the fate of The Old.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Shifty Pony posted:

Old people can and do sit at home all day watching Fox News, or their social group includes people that do and want to talk about the evil thing they heard about.

It seems like it got worse for my grandpa after I set them up to cut the cord, getting rid of Fox News in the process. He just retreated into Facebook version of email forward hate speech, Crowder and Breitbart poo poo and far right clickbait. Honestly, I feel Fox News would somehow be better.

With my grandma, it's easily the 5-6 hours of talk radio a day, 2/3rds of that being Limbaugh and Hannity.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Deified Data posted:

Should I vote early on my day off or take an hour off work to do it Tuesday...

This is a fantastically privileged position to be in.

Permanent early voting with a mail in ballot is by far the best thing about Arizona politically. That and the archaeological resource protection lobbying organizations. The only two good things really...

Edit: Oh and loving Raul Grijalva.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Crain posted:

Don't know if this was posted but it seems that our buddy Tashan Dorrsett is getting the FBI involved with investigating her ban:

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793397187984039936

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793444823969607680

Old Man Lowtax is untrollable these days. Any attempts to get a rise out of him get deflected. It's glorious to see.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Rayman 2 is the greatest game of all time with nothing problematic in at all unless you're a drat dirty soulless robot. This is fact.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

WampaLord posted:

How much time you got?

The short answer is we get retirees and snowbirds who don't give a gently caress about improving it as a state because they don't consider it home.

Truly it is the Arizona of the South.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Cimber posted:

So who plans on getting really drunk election night so they can pass out and not deal with the nerve racking, breathless up to the minute election coverage, and wake up the next day with a big hangover to find out who won?

I plan on opening my bottle of single malt Irish whiskey once it becomes apparent that Hillary has won, and only then.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

BigRed0427 posted:

In the Mos Isley Cantina. What the gently caress is the poo poo on the face of the guy threatening Luke? Is he suppose to be a pig man?

He's just an uggo.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

iospace posted:

So, Tim Kaine gave an entire speech in Spanish today in Arizona :3:

"That should be against the Constitution!"

- My Grandpa

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

To be fair, the Jewish population kind of brought it onto themselves by not acquiescing and paying lip service to the emperor and calling him divine. It's not like the Romans were intolerant of other religions.

They also would have known drat well what happened to people who did decide to fight the Romans. Caesar's massacres in Gaul had already occurred.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's Nates own fault that his model is so temperamental when he happily includes bullshit polls from people like Remington which knowingly don't act in good faith so as to gently caress everything up. He believes that all data is useful data but that seems really naive.

Nah, you gotta discard some data if it's so much of an outlier that it fucks up your model. I mean, if your model accounts for it then it's good data, but if it's throwing poo poo off because it's too much of an outlier then you need to chuck it or revise your model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Early voting in my county is dumb and annoying with my schedule. I'm better off walking two blocks to my election day poll place on Tuesday when it opens.

Waiting for info on a judge from someone led to me sort of but not really missing the deadline to mail mine in if I want it to arrive election day here in Arizona. Which means I just have to go and drop it off at any polling place in the county.

• Locked thread