Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Paradoxish posted:

I never really did the libertarian thing, but I was a pretty milquetoast center-leftish Democrat for most of my 20s. I've shifted pretty loving hard to the left over the last four or five years, though. I honestly can't imagine the kind of cognitive dissonance that must be required to live in the US and still hold onto conservative beliefs.

someone linked one of our vps a snopes link about some idiot claim he made about michelle obama's mom and his response was "snopes is run by two liberals in california" and responded with a youtube video about his original claims. dude is in his 50s. how do you not grow out of being a moron.

Cingulate posted:

First time I sat in an Uber, it was us 5 Europeans being chauffeured around by a US driver, and he was complaining about his taxes. We start very careful: well, you see, we're from Europe, ... No sign of understanding. Taxes are killing him much to high blah blah. Well, in Europe, we all sell like twice the taxes you guys do ... He just straight out ignored us. Just kept on talking happily.

the problem in america is our taxes don't seemingly go anywhere to us in our day to day. if we had free college and healthcare i think people's tiny brains would make the connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

freebooter posted:

Like, similarly, I've always assumed I enjoy a high standard of living because my TV and my t-shirts and my car and literally everything else is manufactured in China/India/Bangladesh by workers earning $1 a day or whatever. Which makes me uncomfortable, but if you asked me if I could wave a wand and pay much much more money for domestically manufactured goods, I would stare at my feet and mutter "no."

you ever notice the price of cars didn't drop to 1/10 their price when union workers were making them when they exported their labor to places where they paid poo poo wages and no bennies?

apple could manufacture the iphone in the united states paying people a living wage and still make a profit on each one (or pay those people those people like kings over there). it just wouldn't be 500-600 on each one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

My Linux Rig posted:

If it was a steady pattern of posts that did that, then yeah that's hosed up, but I don't think two posts constitutes a pattern

I mean that difference is so subtle that you could really just chalk it up to "he decided to post a picture that one time"

trump tweeted a phony graphic about how most whites are murdered by blacks (the vast majority of whites are killed by other whites).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cingulate posted:

Can I see that one? I live and breathe for bad statistics.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/23/donald-trump/trump-tweet-blacks-white-homicide-victims/

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/793923924321067008

they make good points about why you should vote trump white people.

implicit in the admission is their worry that they'll be treated as the country has treated minorities (due to them voting in shitheads constantly).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/MajorCBS/status/793954005743452161

Sure, go for it

Spend all your time there, please

lol just straight up the fuhrerbunker.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Covok posted:

Two questions: is Virginia red or blue and why is this actual newscaster got a SouthPark avatar?

even shook nate has it at over 80 percent chance of going blue.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Crabtree posted:

Also "OH NO, PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW ECONOMICS WORK ONLY WANT TO HELP EVERYONE OUT? WHAT A CALAMITY!" Man, it would just be awful if the democrats stone walled everything from the Patriot Act to maybe the entire invasion of Afghanistan and Irac instead of just blindly following the march of war.

afghanistan was a just war we just hosed it up royally (in huge part due to iraq).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why the gently caress dothey do tracking polls. are they really this hard up on going back to the horse race bullshit

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how does he remember to breathe.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fukushima wasn't that bad compared to all the other pollution caused daily by things that should've been replaced by nuclear power decades ago.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

these retards need to stop twitter hyping. it's never anything good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WeAreTheRomans posted:

It's a shame we can get word filters for "cvcked" but not for "retard"

cry me a loving river.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

still gonna be in a super depression after trump loses (and he's gonna lose badly) cuz it's 2016 and black churches are getting fired bombed and people are grousing about a global jewish conspiracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

trump isn't funny or entertaining. it's migraine inducing watching him speak or listening to him or reading quotes. he has the mental capacity of a toddler and the inability to string coherent thoughts together. he lies more often than he breathes. i could barely make it through the debates.

• Locked thread