Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sky Shadowing posted:

I poo poo you not, deplorables are already screaming "FALSE FLAG!"

Yup I'm from the Delta (but live in Jackson now) and every right winger I know from the area claims it was actually Hillary supporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I've mentioned this before, but if you look at the chairs, they obviously need a fresh coat of paint, and they're sitting out in the driveway, as if they were about to be painted.

And coincidentally, someone else used black spray paint to vandalize his driveway with a curiously phrased message.

Just to play devil's advocate... maybe he was going to paint the chairs, left the can out by the chairs and someone walking by saw the flag and decided to be opportunistic.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Covok posted:

Just learned people celebrate Robert E Lee's birthday instead of MLK in the South.

So, the South really is a horrid dungheap without any redeeming qualities, huh?

No we celebrity MLK day. Just, on top of that, some really racist poo poo heads decided that "if they get their hero then we get ours" without realizing how terribly lovely of a thing that is.

Hell even here in Mississippi it gets pretty publicly ridiculed every time it comes up. Obviously there's a racist majority that supports it, but it's not like we're all down here going "wait... doesn't EVERYBODY celebrate Robert E Lee day??"

As to the second part of your statement, yeah that's still mostly true.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

BarbarianElephant posted:

gently caress that. My husband and I run a small but moderately prosperous business. As self-employed people, Obamacare is our only option. As people who are not poor, we get subsidies of "gently caress" and "all" and our premiums for a modest family plan are crippling.

Not that your premiums would be any less, but can you not buy individual plans form other insurance agencies when you're self employed?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
A nice, easy to read, breakdown of the bullshit behind emailgate from Vox.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/4/13500018/clinton-email-scandal-bullshit

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

it's an emulsion of butter, eggs and lemon

Or, as I like to call it, the "literal best sauce in existence."

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

seiferguy posted:

Well, I could read that two ways...

Coming doozy?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

https://twitter.com/jbg/status/794615964025450496

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ciaphas posted:

A coworker just admitted she voted for Trump because she doesn't want the first female president to also be the first impeached female president

That's... a viewpoint I haven't heard before, that's for sure

translation: I'm a racist shitbag that hates my own gender.... but I don't want YOU to know I'm a racist shitbag that hates my own gender so here's a crappy token excuse.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ciaphas posted:

That's the impression I got, yes

Can't really call anyone out on it though because it's a very right-wing work environment and I'd get very fired--already mentioned I've caught crap for admitting to voting Hillary

It's intensely frustrating to be able to do nothing more than say "hm, ok" or similar noncommittal grunts, especially because to a certain type of coworker that just invites more "discussion"

Brother I work in Mississippi. I more than know how you feel. :(:hf::(

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
It's not the first time he's said it obviously, but goddamned "Don't boo... VOTE!" is like my favorite line ever.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/11/04/obama-defends-man-with-trump-sign-at-clinton-rally-in-nc.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Probably already posted and it's from the HuffPo, but I loved the editor's note to the article about Obama defending a Trump supporter:

HuffPo posted:

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

• Locked thread