Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
This is gonna be a lovely week
https://twitter.com/AnonymousGlobo/status/793602434337767428

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

Probably fake (see: "July 22th") but that won't stop Trumpkins from latching onto it.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

ymgve posted:

In addition to what other people have said, just look at the color difference of the background between the header and the body.

It was re tweeted by @daveweigel so it has a strong likelihood of seeing media light.

Also, if it's not obvious you should NOT download the files at that link or try to open them.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

But really folks, both candidates are the same http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/clinton-trump-sleeping-at-home-230605

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

Sky Shadowing posted:

In bad news, an African-American church in Mississippi was burnt and spraypainted "VOTE TRUMP".

http://m.wdam.com/wdam/db_349800/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=2RAFSzYF

And in other news about "how hosed is this election", my first thought was "hmm maybe this is the thing we need to have African-Americans support Hillary like they did Obama."

I can't wait to see the GoFundMe campaign to rebuild this church from the GOP.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

Space Jam marathon posted:

Oh man whoever does the music at these rallies really needs to pick a theme. It goes from speed metal to big band to action news intense and now ...ballroom classical? :psyduck:

Also live comments at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DecYhPe9W6A seem to be somewhat civilized. Relatively anyway

isn't she like an hour late at this point? Everyone looks tired.... that said, this music is great! Hope she comes out to Ride of the Valkyries

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

:tootzzz:

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

http://www.sfexaminer.com/hill-mayor-ed-lee-short-list-hillary-clintons-cabinet/

As much as I'd love to see him gone from SF. I don't think we need to spread his bullshit across the country. Crooked Hillary's crooked cabinet leans heavily with Crooked Ed

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

There's an echo chamber for HIllary Clinton here but I've said it before: It's an echo chamber because this forum has a number of people who are extremely engaged and more than willing to argue their points and the only people who come in to counter-argue tend to be trolling or actively and openly supporting some abhorrent poo poo. You can't really do a "well, maybe I can understand your viewpoint" with Donald Trump because he really, genuinely, and seriously has little to offer even more traditional conservatives whose best argument is "the Supreme Court." Which is a valid argument but also goes hand-in-hand with supporting a Supreme Court who will support some fairly abhorrent poo poo even if what they're really worried about it... well, I'll be honest and say I haven't seen a very good argument here but I'm willing to acknowledge it could exist.

Discussions about Clinton's flaws are something I wish were easier to have but likewise the vast majority of people who come in discussing Clinton's flaws descend into literal conspiracy theories or are looking for a back door to complain about the fact Bernie Sanders didn't win, so it makes it hard to actually go in that direction without the mcmagics of the world swarming in to change the conversation from "Clinton has flaws" to "Clinton is a Bad Candidate!!"

I agree with this and fully I expect that discussions and critiques of Clinton's flaws will be readily and thoroughly discussed once the election is over. For me at least, anything less than a full throated defense of her is basically playing with fire.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

It's probably pretty easy to masturbate during true blood tho

Also lol anti-affirmative action guy is just straight up ignoring my effortpost. the lesson is: never try

fwiw, I also think your effortpost was super good as is most of your posting. I hope you don't mind I saved it because I expect it will come in handy when I get into a fight with my dad in the very near future about his recent sharing of lovely right wing garbage boasting not so subtle racism

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

Apraxin posted:

Why settle for locking up Crooked Hillary? Surely the Corrupt Media should also face justice for their many crimes against America:
https://twitter.com/scottbix/status/794660103521783809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Unironically, by in large, the press has been absolutely derelict of duty this season. There has been some very good reporting this season but sensationalist headlines and a the overwhelming focus on Trump's spectacle over substance and facts has horrifying consequences. Trump's politifact rating is in the toilet vs Hillary's objectively decent rating however the recent ABC tracking poll has voter trustworthiness scale at 46:38 in favor of Trump.

Obviously a republican congressional investigation into the "corrupt media" won't be held in good faith but it still pisses me off.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

UmOk posted:

I selfishly secretly kinda want Trump to be president. He has made this election so amazingly absurd that I will have a hard time letting go of it after election day. His behavior in debate 2 was probably the funniest thing I have seen all year. I need more of that.

How about instead of being complacent and encouraging the destruction of the republic you go outside and get a hobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

NYT knows what butters their bread

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/794599815254515713

How much is the media directly to blame for their utter failure this season versus the industry revenue streams drying up.

• Locked thread