Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Non Serviam posted:

Switching gears a bit, does anyone have any theories as to why Assange has it out for Clinton?

I get it that after all this time he might be suffering from cabin fever but he can't honestly think a Trump presidency would give him safe passage out of that embassy.

She criticized him for posting all the diplomatic cables Manning leaked because it contained personal information and put people's lives at risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

remusclaw posted:

So, one thing for sure is that the Director of the FBI is now a partisan position and will likely not be appointed across party lines from now on.

Has a Republican ever appointed a Democrat as Director of the FBI?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/us/politics/fbi-james-comey-hillary-clinton-donald-trump.html?smid=tw-share

The loving Article posted:

In August, around the same time the decision was made to keep the Manafort investigation at a low simmer, the F.B.I. grappled with whether to issue subpoenas in the Clinton Foundation case, which, like the Manafort matter, was in its preliminary stages. The investigation, based in New York, had not developed much evidence and was based mostly on information that had surfaced in news stories and the book “Clinton Cash,” according to several law enforcement officials briefed on the case.

Sounds like the FBI needs a good Purge.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

I think the only question about the FBI stuff is how deeply the DOJ IG is going to full cavity search the FBI after this poo poo.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

So, they FBI claimed that this was a Twitter account that serves up FOIA requests after they get so many requests for the same data

It's possible that it was all but forgotten, but some right wing group discovered (or was tipped off by a person in the FBI) that they could make it spit out whatever they wanted as long as they got X different groups to ask for things.

There is no way IN HELL the FBI would have a FOIA system that automated.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

WampaLord posted:

It is really weird how they strike one at a time and never as a group.

They're operating on Rita Repulsa rules?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Agrajag posted:

HOLY loving poo poo. gently caress THIS GAY EARTH.

The source also said they are basing their entire investigation on Clinton Cash.

No, I'm not joking. They used the book as the starting point for their investigation.

They went to the DOJ to get warrants and the DOJ laughed them out of the room. So now they're leaking poo poo and claiming that people are protecting the Clintons in retaliation.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Ogre Battle 64 is the best of the Tactics Ogre series.

He's right, though.

Snes Ogre Battle was the best. Because the game punished you for winning.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

This is actually pretty frightening and it'd be 100% terrifying if Trump had any hope of getting near the White House.

I wonder how much of this is the result of Bush and Co stacking the DOJ and FBI during their tenure.

We know they hosed around with the US Attorneys, but were they able to put more Liberty U lackies in positions of power in the FBI as well?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

climboutonalimb posted:

NYT knows what butters their bread

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/794599815254515713

How much is the media directly to blame for their utter failure this season versus the industry revenue streams drying up.

Gee why won't I pay for someone to regurgitate press releases from campaigns in the age of twitter and Facebook?

The media abdicated its role as people who find and promote Truth to retain their access to powerful people.

As long as they provide a service that adds no value their revenue will shrink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

The Insect Court posted:

Nonsense, Trump is clearly the chosen of the Dark Gods.

Podesta? The guy whose boss is allegedly kept barely alive only by the most advanced medical technology and is venerated by her countless followers? Do I need to say more?

No way Tzeentch or Khorne get behind Trump.

That fucker is Slaanesh through and through.

• Locked thread