Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

As long as Trump loses we've gotten all we can out of this election. I hate 2016 so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So we're past the point where anything significant can alter the election results, the polls are beginning to tighten, and we don't have a good handle on who will win.

Looks like all that's left to do is get some beer and popcorn, and wait for Tuesday. :munch:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ragnar34 posted:

What are the odds that we get a peaceful transition without anyone getting beaten up in the street?

Zero.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

:stare:

I didn't even consider this possibility, and now it seems stunningly plausible this is how it will pan out.

The next magic trick is conditioning Americans to accept that, well, sometimes extrajudicial killings of black people and minorities by police and vigilantes is a necessary cost of a functioning society - y'know, Jefferson did say that sometimes the Tree of Liberty must be watered in blood - and, well, with all that obvious black-on-black urban violence they really shouldn't be hypocrites and complain when white people do the same thing to black people.

Then mob lynching will come back in style as a fun new retro fad, and :barf:

This makes me feel sick.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

CascadeBeta posted:

I've been trying that since college I have the pallette of an 11 year old so it's hard for me to eat healthy and also enjoy it. :smith:

I've been eating a balanced diet of meat and vegetables alongside working out at the gym over the past three months and I still have lost only a few pounds total, from a max of 202. I'm beginning to think not trying was more satisfying.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Alcohol chat: my faves happen to be cider, umeshu, and mixed cocktails. Naturally, all of them are horrifically sugary. :downs:

My family has basically picked up the "as long as you don't eat carbohydrates you don't need to worry about your weight" adage and I'm kinda liking it so far, but it's tough to pull off.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

WampaLord posted:

Low carb gets a bad rap in these forums because of a couple of idiots in YLLS, but I lost 65 pounds with it.

I don't have any issue with low carb and am gunning for it right now, it's just that it and keto tend to be massively overhyped. Also, it is totally possible to overeat and gain weight on low carb because a good chunk of hunger is psychological, rather than physiological. The compulsion to snack isn't a low-energy, fill-my-stomach thing, it's often a boredom or "drug hit" thing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Personally, I'm just amazed that five of those IKEA swedish meatballs are 190 calories and 11/4/14 PCF. I would expect them to make people fat as balls.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBMxpDbp51A

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mind_Taker posted:

Haven't been there in a while so I guess it might have changed, but it used to be "you must powerlift and have a 40/40/20 breakdown of macros there is no alternative" no matter what a person's personal situation was.

This is the mentality from when I used to go around YLLS a while back and it still kinda sticks in my mind, so it's not entirely gone.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My election center just sent a letter acknowledging that I'm registered to vote at my current location. I registered more than 3 weeks ago. :smithicide: God I hate the US electoral system so much.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I had NPR on in the background earlier today, and I swear to god I heard a reporter describe the Clinton campaign as literally trolling Trump.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Night10194 posted:

I mean it's flippant but this is kinda how it looks like it's shaking out.

It's hard to tell under all the flipping polls and 538 Arzying.

Bloops Crusts posted:

Ominous state polls for Clinton out of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and New Hampshire. If those should fall, and if Florida doesn't come through, early vote leads in Nevada and North Carolina won't necessarily matter. Firewall looking weaker by the day.

Trump's within striking distance. All it'll take is another shoe to drop: another terrorist attack, another FBI kerfuffle, another major revelation from the Wikileaks mystery box. Don't assume GOTV will offset a rising tide for Trump.

Sources?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

A Winner is Jew posted:

The only solution I've seen is for the post office to be open extra hours (including Sunday's) during October / November if anyone want's to vote in person.

Yes I'm totally fine with paying them overtime for and letting the only constitutionally enshrined federal agency handle federal voting.

It's a genuine problem and I think it's something that we can't actually mitigate. The best thing about in-person voting is that it has protections against coercion.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So, wait a minute. I know there's the popular vote, and then the electoral vote. Even though we're getting some numbers now for the popular vote that look good, what's stopping the electoral college from voting against the wishes of their districts/states on Tuesday?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Okay, I'm a little confused. I've got a letter stating I'm registered to vote, I've got a new license and everything, and I'm wondering if I'm still somehow barred from voting based on the MA deadline. If I wasn't able to vote on Tuesday, would I still have received this letter telling me I am registered? Am I gonna be turned away at the polls even though there isn't anything stating I'm unable to vote? What's stopping me from voting anyway even if I was officially registered to vote on the day after the deadline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bloops Crusts posted:

Massachusetts?

https://www.sec.state.ma.us/VoterRegistrationSearch/MyVoterRegStatus.aspx

Check there. Otherwise you can probably call your local elections supervisor.

quote:

Voting Status: ACTIVE
Party Enrollment: UNENROLLED

:shrug: I guess this means I'm good? I'll certainly try to vote on Tuesday, at least.

• Locked thread