Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
That god this cursed thing is almost done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm using wifi to read this thread on my cell phone, am I gonna get brain cancer?

I mean really the firestorm is what's gonna kill most of us so you probably shouldn't worry too much.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mixodorian posted:

I had a fully quoted and well organized post ready in the last thread, but you can't fight the calendar. To make it brief to the several people who didn't want to hear what I was saying.

-I realize I got dogpiled specifically for the wifi, and I rolled my eyes when I heard Jill Stein say what she did about wi-fi. I am more of a person who would want proof there is harm instead of giving equal weight to "maybe it's harmful, maybe it's not", but the health implications of wi-fi are still not well known enough to conclusively say it is safe or it is not safe (for children, in this example).

On top of that, it is such a small grievance to have with a politician. Beyond voting for the Iraq War with Dick Cheney as VP, Hillary also completely ignored stop and frisk while she was senator which is irksome to me as a black New Yorker who did go to jail for possessing buds, as well as her trying to make flag burning illegal. Those are far, far more odious to me than being afraid the babies will get sick off the wi-fi.

I got asked if I was worried about fluoride and cell phone signals and no, I'm not. There is irrefutable evidence about the safety of both. There is not the same for wi-fi, as the lengthy research from last year I linked to shows.

All of you further proved my point. Hillary is who we need to go with for our next president, it's too late to change that. It isn't even a question to me.

I just have my problems with people not wanting to hear someone who keeps up with politics say they'd prefer Jill Stein. She throws a bone to the nutty constituents of the green party...

... but I'll be frank. That type of thing doesn't bother me. My people were subject to the Tuskgee experiments in the not too distant past.

WIFI doesn't cause cancer moron.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What are the weather reports for election day? Any storms in swing states?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ComradeCosmobot posted:

7 days out is too early to predict. Come back on Saturday and we might have some idea.

At least from the 7 day forecast it looks nice in Ohio, Minnesota, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Florida, and Denver.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pander posted:

The first line says she promotes getting vaccines.

So no.

And then hems and haws that maybe we just need to ask more questions guys.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Well there's some November oppo I never imagined.

:stare::hf::stare:

That book is not remotely surprising or shocking at this point in time.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's worth noting that Trump is also a dyed in the wool anti-vaxer which just gets lost in the poo poo sandwich mix.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mixodorian posted:

Sorry, I genuinely didn't realize you were singling in on that.

I still stand by the fact that Jill Stein supports campaign zero, along with her choice of Baraka, would be the better pick for black Americans.

Check out Hillary's section on racial justice and police reform on her campaign site. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/criminal-justice-reform/

(When you go to issues and hit racial justice, it goes to that link. I think we have more problems than the criminal justice system but w/e)

Anyways her proposals are federal guidelines for police, body cameras, and acknowledging policing is racist. That's really it. It doesn't inspire any confidence in me. To each their own though.

Uhh, this seems good. Why are you against this?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mixodorian posted:

A brother got shot in North Carolina and the police chief decided not to release body cam footage. Unless we can have the DOJ get in on every case where a non violent black person is killed, body cameras and federal guidelines are not nearly enough.

Wait, so is it a good start after all? Hmm, maybe you need to think about the issues some more.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Jesus I'm not sure I can do eight solid years of people raging against the concept of incremental progress.

If Hillary gets elected and any bad thing ever happens again she will be the worst president ever.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean the article has numbers and it doesn't look great.

Iraq and Afghanistan say hello.

Also holy poo poo guys no we shouldn't go to war with Russia. They're also not actually a material threat to us. Like what the gently caress.

Hmm yeah good thing we're voting to go to war with Russia.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm responding to people who said we should go to war with Russia. Read, please. The Russian government will have enough on its plate when Hillary buries them in sanctions.

Who wants to go to war with Russia?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

No but there is presently in this thread people blaming the people of Russia for their lovely authoritarian government and openly calling for war with them so...

Hmm yeah unironic war.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Oh my god this is the third avatar change I've had in 2 hours.

WHAT DID I DO?

Lowtax needs money now that the Feds are onto him.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Samuel Clemens posted:

You are Nate Silver, and I claim my five pounds.

This is an outcome that the Nate model says is very unlikely.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Instant Sunrise posted:

to be fair, the AP did call the primary for hillary and she gave a victory speech the night before the california primary, which probably influenced the california primary results.

but otherwise yeah that's a really good point.

The Democratic primary ended Super Tuesday.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

The woman who is accusing Trump of raping her when she was 13 announced she was going to hold a press conference, but then decided not to at the last minute

I'd like to see a straw poll on who believes her more because of this and who believes her less.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Insect Court posted:

This is just special pleading, the insistence that the GOP had some big red 'Destroy Sanders' button at RNC headquarters they could have pressed if Sanders were nominated. And the idea that the Clinton campaign never went after Sanders is simply wrong, Clintonworld tried to find that button themselves and they weren't able to make anything stick. Sanders' numbers no doubt would have dropped some if he had been the nominee, but the idea that they'd be anywhere near Clinton's historic lows is unsupportable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/02/tracking-poll-finds-race-tied-as-trump-opens-up-an-8-point-edge-on-honesty/

There is no remotely plausible world in which you can substitute in 'Bernie Sanders' for 'Hillary Trump' in that lede.

Look at polls for Colorado Amendment 69 and tell me Bernie would be outperforming it by 20 points.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Stereotype posted:

We do not merely wish to destroy our enemies, we wish to change them.

I mean maybe they'll be okay animal feed or something if you mix some oats in.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

How does a second dude also have David Duke's uniquely hosed up face there.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

Lol, I just saw an actual Trump ad. Are the world series buys nationwide, or is he honestly trying to win Baltimore?

I think it's a nationwide NRA buy for Trump.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Taran posted:

It has to be nationwide, I've been seeing ads like that in Boston.

It's still probably worth it for campaigns since live sports have viewers that are unique to all other TV.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

HorseRenoir posted:

let the corncobbing begin

Begin?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

How do you run a book where you don't balance the money?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

It's gonna be cool when there are zero polling places open in the state election day because the republicans shut the last one down on Sunday.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Samfucius posted:

You guys are nice and all for trying to create a nice Clinton-is-totally-gonna-win zone, but you seem a lot like the Romney thread four years ago when the rest of the country is saying this:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map_no_toss_ups.html

I don't think anyone making prediction of any sort is veering to trump likely.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Archonex posted:

She predicted a hell of a lot more than that.

Also you're kind of a shithead for deriding the OP of that thread as being mentally ill when that had nothing to do with the topic of the thread itself. They were familiar with that poo poo because they grew up in a radicalized environment, not because they were crazy.

Sorry, Prester Jane is actually dumb and not at all illuminating.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Archonex posted:

You seem like an unbiased source to trust. :allears:

I'm not really what to say about some cult of personality based around a thread that said "crazy gonna crazy".

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Flowers For Algeria posted:

I work for the FBI and you're preemptively under arrest, Terry

*gene simmons unveils federal boobies inspector t-shirt*

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

why the gently caress dothey do tracking polls. are they really this hard up on going back to the horse race bullshit

Tracking polls are useful to see any contours in polling before better aggregate polls come out. I mean it's all horse race on some leve but it's slightly dismissive to solely credit tracking polls with that. I mean fundamentally why does public polling even exist when only the vote matters?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The Solyndra gambit.

Funny thing about Solyndra is they exceeded every technological benchmark set up for them. They just tanked because the market got flooded at a loss by china.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

CNN decided to respond to the "post the map" challenge, I guess:

All of those look incredibly unlikely, but whatevs

In any case people were wondering why Hillary was in Michigan today. It's not because she's going to lose it but double locking it down really shuts trump out of everything.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think passive-aggressive custom titles are stupid.

I feel better that mine isn't passive-aggressive. I don't even like the Indians too.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

America is still a slave society.

Hashtag prison planet dot com

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Agean90 posted:

Wyoming early voting on Friday at 12 30 statistics part 1.

Number of non-ironic cowboy hats: 5 so far

Cowboy hats are good though.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Taran posted:

It's funny because they've previously sent 5 or so emails this week that all say ":derp: NATE SILVER SAYS WE'RE LOSING, PANIC :derp:".

There's a balance here. They want a healthy panic but not to have a coronary before Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So does the election day weather forecast for any of the battleground states look nasty?

• Locked thread