Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

BlueBlazer posted:

I think I saw here rumors of Joe as SoS.

Oh pleeeease
You did, but unfortunately he later said he wasn't interested. :sigh:

Edit for source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/28/politico-joe-biden-clinton-secretary-of-state/92882402/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'll believe it when I see it. They claimed they were going to dump :boehner: way back when and they've been calling Ryan a RINO basically since he became Speaker, but they never do anything about it.

EDIT:

BigRed0427 posted:

This would mean Pelosi would be Speaker, Right?
If they actually end up calling a vote it could happen, but even the Freedom Caucus knows that, which is why they never actually call a vote.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I've read the name Arzy a billion times in these threads, could I make a small request? Could someone quote a sample of his madness from 2012?
You can't really call it "madness" because Arzy in 2012 was pro-Romney and therefore smug as gently caress about how the Rs were gonna take everything you guys :smug:

It says something about how far up his own rear end he was that the biggest thing I remember about 2012 Arzy was a bunch of people posting giant sparklee banners on Election Night saying "HEY ARZY, WI WENT BLUE!!!!!"

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

So I know most people here hate The Economist but they just endorsed HRC and holy loving poo poo at this :iceburn: on Trump:

The Economist posted:

We would sooner have endorsed Richard Nixon—even had we known how he would later come to grief.
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21709540-why-we-would-cast-our-hypothetical-vote-hillary-clinton-americas-best-hope

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Why aren't you as angry as I am that we're at the place we are now 5 days before the election where the most disgusting human being to ever run for president keeps gaining ground on a flawed democrat? This election should've been a laugher.
Because the primary is loving over and we don't get a do-over just because you don't like HRC.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

BlueberryCanary posted:

OK but what people really want to know is who would win in an election against Trump: Batman or Superman?
Batman obviously. Who would vote for a nerdy fucker like Clark Kent?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I see it's time for Weedlord Bonerhitler to make a comeback :q:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

The poor consultant tried to argue for a shorter hashtag because of character limits, but that was shot down

:downs: "Our characters have no limits! That's the point!"

*conference room thunders with applause*
I was going to ask if the movie was actually Limitless but apparently that came out in 2011.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Spoondick posted:

The drug companies jack up the prices and reduce availability of drugs (to jack up the price of drugs) to patients already. As someone who's been in the pharmacy biz for 10 years now: gently caress drug companies. As a Californian I've learned that propositions are full of weasel-wording and can't be fully trusted. Instead, look who's putting money up for or against a prop. No on 61 is funded by Pfizer and Eli Lilly. This tells me everything I needed to know.
I'm all for loving over drug companies but prop 61 isn't really that simple. The prop doesn't require the drug companies to sell their drugs at the same price as the VA, it requires the state agencies to buy them at that price. Which leads to a simple question that the prop doesn't answer: what happens if MediCal says "we're required to buy medicine X at Y price" and the drug companies say "gently caress you, that's too low for us to make a profit, we're not selling"?

It's a pretty major case of the prop-writers' hearts being in the right place but the prop's wording having a whole bunch of unintended and really bad consequences.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Zerilan posted:

Not to be all unskewed polls here, but the demographics in these are pretty bad. Remington has the 30 and under age bracket voting at less than half the turnout of 2012. CNN/ORC literally includes no one under age 35.
I hate being that guy but the CNN poll (and others from them) did not include literally zero people under 35. There were not enough people in that group to make a statistically significant prediction because the MoE was too high, but that is not the same as literally zero people.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

sincx posted:

Is Pennsylvania at +4 Hillary a cause for concern? Shouldn't she be leading there by a lot more?
There's a reason that PA is the state where every election the GOP thinks "all right, this is the year we're gonna take it!" They've been saying this for decades and haven't taken it yet.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Apraxin posted:

He's peddling an insane fairy tale where each issue can be easily fixed with a single, simple idea, and then instantly (white) America will be returned to its glory days. And a lot of people are just eating it up.
Businessman finds One Weird Trick to save your job. Globalists HATE him!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

So did anything come out of that "FBI FINDS NEW EMAILS RELATED TO HILLARY'S TENURE AS SECSTATE" thing from yesterday? CBS News (and only CBS) had a huge front page story about it but then it just kind of disappeared.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

zxqv8 posted:

Why is it people keep claiming that Hillary wants to abolish the second amendment?
She's a Democrat.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

isk posted:

Probated
He's actually off probation tomorrow!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=130818

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I don't know if I'd call it a lock, but polling of early voters has shown a pretty substantial Clinton lead there, and as the article says, more than half of CO votes are already in. If the polling is correct, Trump would need a pretty hefty advantage in the set of people who haven't voted yet in order to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

weekly font posted:

iirc, Repubs were up in EV in 2012 and lost bigly. They are currently down.
In fairness it should be noted that CO went to all-mail voting this year, which they didn't have in 2012, so that kind of comparison doesn't really hold.

• Locked thread