Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Remember, when you assassinate, you make an rear end out of I, Nate, and another rear end

Post of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

Remember, when you assassinate, you make an rear end out of I, Nate, and another rear end

Nate Drake makes an rear end out of himself without anyone's help. :colbert:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really enjoyed Brotherhood just for being Assassin's Creed 2: This Time in Rome and that was a lot of fun. I wish Revelations was good--it had a cool setting which ended up being really beautiful (and my favorite UI design in the series) but man was it a boring game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the revelation was that ezio wanted to kiss the pretty librarian and also the ultimate purpose of his life was to give a message to someone named desmond

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

was that the really bad one
Rogue is the one nobody played because they hid it behind the disaster that was Unity

it's basically a stand alone Black Flag expansion pack

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Revelations felt like them killing time. It's worth watching the cutscenes on YouTube if you like the series, but it's one too many longass Assassins Creed games with the same protagonist IMO.

I hope they put Rogue on current gen consoles someday, I'd like to play it and PC gaming doesn't fit my life well right now.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

looks like i'm "going rogue" haha

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

oddium posted:

looks like i'm "going rogue" haha

Heh nice

edit: I sent my enter the gungeon crash log onto the devs as per the crash log's request, so hopefully they can at least tell me why Unity decided to jerk me off and then leave me with blue balls

edit: Not assassin's creed unity, the Unity game engine, I mean

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

AC3 has two great moments, this is the first one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZ59YHytUc&t=35s

The second one is when Desmond dies, good riddance!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the best part of 3 is when you're reading the entry for connor's mom before the big first twist and it's like, "connor's mom loves connor's dad even though he's a Templar"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I liked how 3 initially seemed to want to have shades of grey and social commentary like the first game, then it just kind of gave up and was like "here's a village of people you can talk to and do sidequests for for 80 years"

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The best AssCrees are 1 and Revelation, because they have Altair, and the least amount of ancient alien forerunner precursor halo bullshit

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Cardboard Box A posted:

The best AssCrees are 1 and Revelation, because they have Altair, and the least amount of ancient alien forerunner precursor halo bullshit

Assassin's Creed 1 is bad, sorry.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Watching the innkeeper completely butcher a pig was really cool. All of the other artisan activities were kinda boring though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing in the entirety or AssCreed's story is near the end of Revelations when it's revealed that Altair time paradoxed himself a hidden gun in the 11th century and used it to assassinate his rival.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Like how do you have a game where you can actually talk to Washington and Lafayette but still manage to say almost nothing about the american revolution and its political implications other than a very vague "the natives got screwed" footnote.

Also I was really upset that I got sidequests to investigate Bigfoot and the Headless Horseman and other cool stuff and every time it just turned out to be a regular guy.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Cardboard Box A posted:

the least amount of ancient alien forerunner precursor halo bullshit

🤔

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Like how do you have a game where you can actually talk to Washington and Lafayette but still manage to say almost nothing about the american revolution and its political implications other than a very vague "the natives got screwed" footnote.

Also I was really upset that I got sidequests to investigate Bigfoot and the Headless Horseman and other cool stuff and every time it just turned out to be a regular guy.

maybe it's because who cares, you can play bocce with washington

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

oddium posted:

maybe it's because who cares, you can play bocce with washington

Then why are they even in there and treated 'seriously', just give Washington a katana and make him playable.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yes... yes !!

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Lil off topic but that reminds me of one of my favorite things about The Witcher 3 was that you could roll up on a random town and solve a monster mystery. Having a ton of those to do with a bunch of weird and obscure monsters was rad.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

how do you feel about punching the pope instead of discussing the ramifications of the league war

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lurdiak posted:

I like when Washington is all "You did good, Connor. Now America is a free land for everybody!"

And Connor is just kinda looking past him at a nearby slave market, all "...:saddowns:"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

plz dont pull out posted:

Lil off topic but that reminds me of one of my favorite things about The Witcher 3 was that you could roll up on a random town and solve a monster mystery. Having a ton of those to do with a bunch of weird and obscure monsters was rad.

I also liked that Witcher 3 had a broad variety of genres of quests. Sometimes they were bad monsters, sometimes bad people, sometimes good monsters, sometimes good people*. But like some side quests were comedies.

*just kidding

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

oddium posted:

how do you feel about punching the pope instead of discussing the ramifications of the league war

It was incredibly stupid that in a game about murdering people, the writers had to remember at the last minute that having the goddamn pope be murdered would shatter the illusion of this series being historically plausible, so Ezio inexplicably spares the pope, making the entire quest for revenge pointless. I guess it's a pretty fitting ending to a game where the main character stubbornly refuses to have an arc.

deadly_pudding posted:

I like when Washington is all "You did good, Connor. Now America is a free land for everybody!"

And Connor is just kinda looking past him at a nearby slave market, all "...:saddowns:"

Yes! The game should have had more of that and less "kill these templars because they are Bad. We know they are Bad because of their mustaches and how they yell all their lines with cartoonish hatred."

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 30, 2016

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

deadly_pudding posted:

Doesn't he also go back to his village to find it completely empty for some reason except for that weird Davy Crockett lookin dude?

Speaking of Connor's village did anyone ever find that patch of grass that sets you on fire? That was a weird bug. I can't find any footage/info of it at all on the internet but in the X360 version but it was there I swear!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

Well they obviously didn't want to start adding supernatural stuff to the Assassin's Creed series.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lurdiak posted:

Then why are they even in there and treated 'seriously', just give Washington a katana and make him playable.

I'm actually down with this

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

Doesn't he also go back to his village to find it completely empty for some reason except for that weird Davy Crockett lookin dude?

Speaking of Connor's village did anyone ever find that patch of grass that sets you on fire? That was a weird bug. I can't find any footage/info of it at all on the internet but in the X360 version but it was there I swear!

That's a known glitch. A cooking fire is supposed to spawn there but the graphics don't always load.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lurdiak posted:

In the expansion Washington crowns himself as the King of Amerika and builds a giant pyramid in the middle of New York and you climb it and kill him on top of it while he casts ancient aliens spells on you so I guess it's pretty close?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Palpek posted:

In the expansion Washington crowns himself as the King of Amerika and builds a giant pyramid in the middle of New York and you climb it and kill him on top of it while he casts ancient aliens spells on you so I guess it's pretty close?

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Either write a good historical fiction or write garbage, not a very boring middle ground.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I like in Brotherhood, where Ezio's little sister is finally inducted into the Assassins, and the logic is literally "you've been keeping books and running a whorehouse really well, so you're now qualified to jump off tall buildings without dying".

Fuckin lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Assassin's Creed is the worst series of all time

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

AC expansions are pretty off the rails like for example Jack the Ripper for Syndicate is pretty much 'destroy patriarchy: the game' and really owns and I wish more people played it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

In Training posted:

Not even close.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

Worst is a little harsh, but it certainly has some of the most wasted concept potential I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Not even close.

Ok fine it's watch dogs

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

In Training posted:

Ok fine it's watch dogs

Can't argue against that

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Palpek posted:

AC expansions are pretty off the rails like for example Jack the Ripper for Syndicate is pretty much 'destroy patriarchy: the game' and really owns and I wish more people played it.

Wait wait wait this sounds cool as hell. I'm going to look it up when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You could maybe pinpoint assassin's creed as the exact moment that ubisoft stopped being cool

• Locked thread