Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Diablo 2: HD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Quest For Glory II posted:

more like EA shuts down GOG because it's competition and moves Witcher series to Origin

:stonk:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Snak posted:

How long after his death do you think the Tom Clancy brand is going to persist?

For all I know Sid Meier died years ago so I'd say at least a decade or two.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Empress Brosephine posted:

can someone explain to me why twitch is so popular. i just dont understand watching people play games long form i guess :shrug:

Real hurthling! posted:

people get lonely

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Watching streams instead of television programs is just another way millennials are destroying the traditional economy (see also: "diamonds" , "houses") and I'm glad of it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

StrixNebulosa posted:

Ten bucks for the SA forum account to follow in-forum LPs, no cost to watch youtube or twitch - what's cable, again?

idk but Cox really wishes I would spend $100 a month on it instead of using Netflix for like $12 instead.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The answer to "what is the best Souls game" is either DS2 or Bloodborne depending on whether you value the online experience or the single player adventure aspect more, respectively.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Snak posted:

DS3 if you want every quality of life feature in one game.

Small Sign Soapstone.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Bloodborne is the best if you like the Souls atmosphere, monsters/bosses, and challenge the most. DS2 is the best if you like the Souls online interactions, covenants, and character builds the most.

Everything after that who cares its all the same.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Guy Mann posted:

you no longer have to scroll past all the curator groups to get to the sales

:popeye:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Anyone have thoughts on the new MOO? Is it poo poo or maybe worth the $18 or whatever it's at on GoG right now.

Paging SirTagz.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

precision posted:

I am going to play video games in bed with my wife and take drugs to avoid thinking about what is happening tonight in America

Be good everyone. :(

This sounds rather dire. But with a slight alteration to your post...

precision posted:

I am going to play video games in bed with my wife and take drugs

Suddenly the world is bright and good! Stay cool gamer, life will go on :cheerdoge:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Now it makes so much more sense why Civ 6 traded in all the wonder and optimism of Civ 5's tech/wonder quotes in favor of hipster cynicism.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

oddium posted:

hello i'm going to play the first dark souls for the first time. what should i know

Go up.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
*In the voice of Minsc*

Go for the tails, oddium, go for the tails! ARRRGGH

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

, skeleton!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What came out this year I can't remember.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah, it hasn't won yet but here are this year (2016)'s nominees for Best PC Game at celebrated games award show, Golden Joysticks:

Sid Meier's Civilization 6
Doom
Master of Orion: Conquer The Stars
Overwatch
Stardew Valley
Stellaris
Total War: Warhammer
Undertale
World of Warships
XCOM 2

Undertale, Game of Two Years IMO

Oh poo poo yeah I forgot about Total War: Warhammer. That's the game of the year, the discussion is over.

I'll be dead before I hear talk of a Blizzard game as GOTY.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Snak posted:

I heard someone say it would be good in this thread. I don't remember who it was. But that's a good enough endorsement for me to believe it will be good if you liked Rollercoaster Tycoon. I never got into any of those games and they don't really appeal to me.

So basically I don't have anything to contribute, I just wanted to post. I just want to be home and playing BF1. Last night I didn't get to play any before bed because we had to watch lovely-rear end loving walking dead. Tonight I'm not gonna have time because lying sack of poo poo roommate is going to explain again how he's sorry he's a lying sack of poo poo. And then we're probably all gonna watch Westworld. Which is at least a loving awesome show.

But next week I have thanksgiving break. I'm gonna play a lot of BF1 then...

Is there like only one t.v. or something and you guys have to vie for screen time on it?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Wanted to share a little something with you guys. I've been playing the new Master of Orion (it's ok) and they made the very nice touch of creating individual portraits for all of your spies, for every race. Like each agent gets a unique, race specific portrait with no duplication as far as I can tell even with a roster of 10+ agents. I've playing the Alkari (space birds) and these are some of my agents.

It's a small thing but it goes so far is making the universe feel polished and attaching you to the in-game atmosphere. Why can't all 4x games do this!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The Mass Effect Best Class List:

ME1: Infiltrator
ME2: Infiltrator
ME3: Infiltrator

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

My advice would be go in with your expectations low because Mass Effect 1 kinda sucks aside from a) remembering the things you've done in the game world and b) the dialogue you choose having actual effects on the conversations you're having.

Hmm yes conversation choices having actual effects? What a delightfully quaint idea! How wonderfully absurd!

*swirls wine glass, turns back towards latest TellTale game*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

I think one thing the Mass Effect series has over Telltale's games is that the Mass Effect games aren't narrative-driven, usually you have a bunch of missions you can go do in any order. I think that lends itself much better to "your choices have effects elsewhere" than a straightforward story.

I agree with you, and will go even farther by saying that one thing the Mass Effect series has over Telltale's games is that it is good.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

oddium posted:

mass effect 2 is super simple and boring. every planet design is the same straight corridor with the same three merc guilds/robots. the skill tree is more like a skill sapling in that it's completely linear and pointless, like a real sapling. there's literally a part where you hang out with the lower decks crew and they say "let's play poker" and then the screen literally goes to black and a text box comes up that literally says "you won the poker game" which was the most mass effect 2 moment to me. mordin says funny stuff

5/10

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My favorite part in ME2 was when a bug emissary, who existed because of a choice I made in ME1, showed up just tell me "hang on, we're coming! But not until ME3 lol!" I spare a bug one game, then the next game bug says "thanks for saving me", then the NEXT GAME AFTER THAT bug is all like "BAM POINTS ON YOUR WARSCORE". This is the kind of choice reverberation the world of RPGs was made for.

Move over Obsidian!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

oddium posted:

shepard: garrus... here we are at the end of mass effect 1, you having learned to let go of vengeance and your sordid past. now it is mass effect 2 and your arc is the exact same

garrus: scoped and dropped, mate

Mass Effect 1: "wow good work Tali. You're a valued team member towards which I have no romantic attachment at all"

Mass Effect 2-3: *Fan-service intensifies*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

corn in the bible posted:

lol yeah in telltale choices defo matter lmao

:thejoke:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I picked up Age of Decadence on GOG sale and just booted it up for the first time. This is the intro screen when you start your first game...

... I like this.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Chomp8645 posted:

I picked up Age of Decadence on GOG sale and just booted it up for the first time. This is the intro screen when you start your first game...

... I like this.

Update: I hate this game.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lazorexplosion posted:

What went wrong?

- Archaic character design that encompasses the worst of 90's RPGs
- Very poor production values in every category except soundtrack
- Very un-intuitive design and mechanics in general
- The consequences of your choices are illogical or unpredictable enough to come off a series of gotchas.
- Not very good UI
- Frequent crashes (for me anyway). Got a CTD every 20-30 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

wizard on a water slide posted:

The Skylanders collapse is sad because they're basically the new Beanie Babies, parents spent literally thousands on their kids' collections (some with the mistaken impression that this would be popular for a very long time or that the toys would retain value) and now they're sitting on a ton of garbage plastic statues their kids don't care about.

Some things never change.

• Locked thread