Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Today I learned that at least two members of Giant Bomb think that the eggs that they sell in supermarkets are fertilized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

no supergreatfriend video is unsatisfying

This is untrue but only because he hasn't played DOS games for months now and when he does stream it's to play ZTD, which I don't want to watch because I want to play it myself :(

At least he got through a ton of xblig horror games this month.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

his xblig stuff is gold

I still have to watch the finale with all the horror games shot in that one guys house and I am looking forward to that because some of those games honestly looked impressive in how resourceful they were without actually being anything but pure xblig trash.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man I can't wait for this loving election to be over.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mr E posted:

Guys the Cubs won. Everything's gonna be OK or it's all downhill from here. I'm not sure which.

We'll know for sure early next Wednesday.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

They should delay it one more time just to make sure it's the best game of all time imo

FFXV or TLG?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It's really weird how they never made another one.

Despite how good it is, I don't think it actually sold that well and was always considered kind of a joke.

Now that we have Go we will never get a proper sequel

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The idea of yearly sequels is so funny to me because it's such short term thinking. Like it will obviously burn out your fanbase in a handful of years and it's something that will eventually kill the series but the idea of making a poo poo ton of money every like three years rather than making less and less money every year until the thing is dead is inconceivable to the likes of EA and Activision.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
On that note, I also find it really funny that Ubi is apparently really confused that the number for WatchDogs2 preorders are so low meaning they completely did notice the thing where literally everyone was disappointed with the last game after an incredible amount of hype.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

Didn't it sell alright though? I thought I read it did fine and that's why we were all dreading the series continuing as idiots continue to buy it

Yeah, it sold well because it was hyped to hell and back and people thought it was gonna be the first "real" next gen open world game. Then everyone was disappointed. Like I can see them being confused that WD2 isn't preordering well if they only paid attention to how much money it made and not any of the reaction to it and sadly that is very likely what happened. This one has been hyped as being much better but I also don't think anyone that preordered the last one is going to loving trust that hype on bit, thus the piss poor preorders.

It's funny because this has happened before. FFXIII was the best selling FF game ever for Square because of all the hype but it was also a game most found to be massively disappointing. Still Square only saw that they sold a ton and made two sequels to it that were better but were almost universally ignored.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

i love Ubisofts E3s for how bad they are and i know exactly what youre talking about. its so forced and phony, like the "real people" in those Chevy ads

I hate those Chevy ads so loving much.

On that note, another thing not helping WD2 is one of the ads I keep getting on youtube shows a bunch of horrible streamers acting overly excited and it just makes me want to never buy an Ubi product ever again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Wait, found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgMq8p7e_Z8

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I posted the WD2 ad at the end of the last page. I don't know why you'd want to use streamers in your ads. Like the people that like streamers will see your game in the actual streams and to everyone else they are the worst people in existence.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I do feel Sony is slowly getting better at E3 though they still have that corporate stiffness that's hard to shake off. This year where they just showed games, and mostly live gameplay of those games was showing they are starting to get it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

tap my mountain posted:

Diablo 3's new content is a Diablo 1 throwback mode that nobody asked for. It includes a filter to make the game look like poo poo and 8 way movement :geno:

Actually that sounds dope as gently caress, especially because I think it's essentially going to include the entire original game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If anyone cares here is the summary of the creepy games I played over the last few days

Neverending Nightmares was bad. It had a few things going for it: mainly the violence was really extreme even for this day and age and sometimes it could set up some good atmosphere (I especially liked how it would sometimes play soft noises through the PS4 controller speaker in a way where you weren't sure if you were hearing things or not) but overall there just was not a ton there, the artwork was the level of a mid-90s flash animation and the gameplay was simplistic and didn't mix things up enough. The game also did hit almost every tired creepy cliche it could even when it really didn't fit the narrative at all. It also was often far too goofy to take very seriously.

Layers of Fear was a pretty okay walking sim horror game. The story was good and the scares were often creative, though they wore out their welcome after awhile. Most of the time the jump scares seemed organic but sometimes it just seemed to make a loud noise to make sure you were paying attention. The narrative was pretty cool for that type of thing and interesting to unfold and I think some of the things you do effect the ending but it's in a Silent Hill Shattered Memories kind of way so I'm not really keen to seek out the other endings or go back for anything I missed or anything like that. The graphics were pretty though it chugged a bit on PS4 and the sound design was fantastic (though I played with headphones). It is a walking sim so there isn't a ton of gameplay and when it does have gameplay it can get really pixel hunty or worse yet sometimes it just wants you to look at a specific thing. It was far creepier than Neverending Nightmares but that didn't stop it from sometimes feeling far more silly than creepy. Overall, it was pretty good and scratched that PT itch in a full game.

Knock Knock seemed really bad and I just sort of gave up on it after 20 minutes of wandering around aimlessly with no real direction to speak of.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Update on new Odin Sphere: still an absurdly good game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

the new yorker doing its best banksy

"Christ, what an rear end in a top hat"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I heard it's really short and not really worth it unless your into the pvp

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So the XX equaled 17 in all of those post apocalyptic games that took place in 20XX. Good to finally know I guess :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

I cannot loving believe the 45th President of the United States is Donald Trump

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
god loving damnit every time I think about this I want to cry. what should I play so I don't think about this because I sure as hell ain't falling asleep anytime soon.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

I hope everyone's doing okay today, and if you're not, please feel free to post about it as many others have

Despite trying to just move forward, I'm still getting pretty depressed and my brain is still having accept that this is actually reality

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Shadow Complex is mechanically sound but it has like the most generic setting and presentation I've ever seen

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed Axiom Verge for a while but the bosses get really terrible and exploring becomes really not fun, even after you get the cool traversal abilities. I really wanted to like that game but it just becomes sort of bad as it goes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also the Odin Sphere remake continues to be amazing and it's nice that while I'm playing it I'm mostly not thinking about how Trump is now president elect.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Did you get to Mercedes part yet, she's the funnest character to play as and turns it into RPG Contra/Gradius/2D anime Max Payne.

That's where I am now. I've always been more of a hack n slash person so I did like the other sections better but that isn't to say playing her isn't loads of fun. Also she has the lightest of the stories, so it's good on a day like today.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

What else did they change?

Well with the combat it isn't just a simple overhaul. All the characters play completely differently and can combo for days with ease, they now have skill trees full of spells and abilities and hot key assignment for ease of use of said spells and abilities. The crafting system has been completely overhauled to be much easier and friendlier as has the restaurants, that are now at every checkpoint instead of the one local, though the one local still exists and just takes money instead of ingredients. The graphics have been completely HDafied with wide screen, sharper looks on everything and a (mostly) silky smooth 60fps framerate (the game can hitch a bit when things get really crazy). They also added new areas and new bosses as well as optional challenges where you fight multiple bosses at once. There's probably more but as mentioned it really is a complete overhaul.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Please don't name your kid after something video game related tia

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just don't name your baby something that will make him or her have to explain it or put up with weird looks every time they introduce themselves for the rest of their life. It's the least you can do.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In addition to playing Odin Sphere, I also booted up the Mega Man Legacy Collection I got with the coupon that was with that PS4 humble bundle and I've been playing Mega Man 3, which was always my favorite of the series. I'm honestly not sure if I've ever beaten the whole thing considering the last time I played it (in the Anniversary collection) I played through with a friend and we switched off on levels. Even now I'm using save states and it's weird that I feel kind of bad even doing that, especially when you consider that when I was a kid I used to cheat like hell to get through the game with the second controller trick. Still, I'm well on my way. I've defeated the initial robot masters and I'm now at the awesome part of the game where you have to fight all the MM2 robot masters in remixed version of some of the MM3 stages.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Give me the code. Maybe it'll work for me

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
gently caress the yellow devil

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've never played Command Mission but despite the fact it looked cool I have also never seen goons say anything positive about it. It's good that at least somebody liked it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
X4 was the only Mega Man game with an interesting plot point.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not saying the overall plot was good but the stuff revealed at the end of Zero's campaign was honestly a pretty cool as far as plot in those types of games go.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Beat Mega Man 3 (mostly) without cheating so that's one thing I actually accomplished this week :)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The story in the new Blazblue is surprisingly not terrible so far and they even have three arcade stories for almost every character this time if you actually want to play a game with your anime. Still miss the hell out of the English dub though

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Red Crown posted:

Today as I was buying groceries the bagger kid said "You look like you play video games".

It's true that I do. But I'm also wondering what I'm doing wrong that makes me look like I play video games.

What were your groceries like? That might have tipped him off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The music in the new Blazblue kicks rear end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfpWa6MRV5o