Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Blizzard also leaked a picture of sombra, confirming the earlier leak of her design.

Someone's getting fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I might do the December chat thread so I can list off GOTY things in the op

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm going to get and play Owlboy in 20 minutes

I hope it's good! The art is absolutely gorgeous.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mr E posted:

The Last Guardian doesn't exist until I hold it in my hands. I refuse to believe it.

Same. FFXV is in this list too, because of how many loving times that game has been delayed.

Kirby Superstore! posted:

Remind me about this at the end of November and I will ensure yours is the stickied one.

Can do!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

So! As it turns out, a good few of our squaddies are still recovering from injuries, and since I took it upon myself to increase squad size we're gonna be taking a rookie along.

My girl hasn't died I hope!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean, he made a toxx last year around the same time about chapter 3 for MGSV, despite Kojima being very publicly let go. It's him doing a gimmick giveaway based around an impossible toxx.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

the new Flintstones comic has no right being as good as it is, but it's amazing. Check it out!

Also fun hearsay: Apparently the writer they approached for it said that "I hate the Flintstones." DC's response was "that's not a problem."

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

Grapplejack died as she lived: in a terrible situation that was probably my fault.

drat it. She tried, at least.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I thought you were talking about actual best boss in ds3 Nameless King.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I still can't forgive ds3 for loving up PvP so badly.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

I've never enjoyed PVP in any DS game. BB was passable.

What was wrong with PVP in DS3?

The meta quickly coalesced into parry > one shot with ugw + hornet ring. In addition, invading with a red eye heavily favored you getting hosts that had phantoms in their world already, and they could still summon phantoms after getting invaded. Estus was much faster and no poise meant heavy armor was useless. Also location covenants literally didn't work.
Granted they may have fixed these problems but that was the experience for a month past launch.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Request thread title change to Games Screenshot thread : post your framerate

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

As long as it stays above 60 or is a rock solid 30fps I don't care.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SO and I are playing through dead rising 3. The game has some pretty serious issues with optimization, but I'm having fun with it so far. The plot also goes off the loving rails immediately, which is totally counter to their advertising for the game that I remember.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm going to bring up Dead Rising 3 again, and Dead Rising in general. That series honestly deserves to be congratulated for its portrayal of older people and aging characters. Characters ALWAYS look natural when they're older, and aged characters look really good. It looks right, and they sound and act right for being older. That's one of the big things that DR4 fucks up that is really unfortunate, because it's been one of the things that Dead Rising has done so well.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nina posted:

I hope boys kiss in FFXV so I can end the year on a high note

There's no way they don't, FFXV is one of the gayest games I've seen in years.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

My dad wanted to name me Xavier before I got my real name, and as much as I don't really like my name, I'm kinda glad I dodged the Xavier bullet

But then you could say "X Gon Give it to ya!" And play that song.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Skeezy posted:

So how's Dishonored 2??

From what I've heard it runs like hot garbage. Big frame rate fluctuations. It's apparently very fun though.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Skeezy posted:

Same for consoles or what? Because I'm just going for the Bone version.

Oh no it runs fine on everything but PCs from what i'm hearing, so go for it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

it's about time ubisoft gave us a relatable protag in one of their games

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

DR3 got some poo poo for having way fewer psychos than the previous games but they were all actually balanced so you could beat them without spending a previous playthrough grinding up your stats and cheesing the AI, and they each had a fairly decent gameplay gimmick instead of being Dude With Melee Weapon #8 and Dude With Gun #12.

I mean, one of the big things about DR is that your first two runs would be you loving around and levelling your guy before actually tackling the story / psychos. That's how that series works, or how it worked up until 3.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

We're going to do so tomorrow. But he's 19 years old at the very least, and he's been secluding himself the past few months...

Your cat might be getting itself ready to pass. Make sure you know where it's hiding, because that's where the cat is going to go to die.

I'm sorry Liz. Go spend some time with him.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

2009 holy god drat

I knew TLG was kind of old but I didn't realize it was DNF-esque

The last guardian was supposed to be a ps3 launch game.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Phantasium posted:

Mega Man Vol "busta" nutt

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

yeah, I paid money for loot boxed to get enough money to buy it.

Please don't pay money for loot boxes.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dark Cloud 2, it's much, much better than the first game and it weeds out the four thousand party members 1 had. It also has a stronger art direction imo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean I guess when the only thing you have left as a company is to sell tchotchkes containing ripped roms of games you made 20+ years ago anything that bites into that profit needs to be removed immediately

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Would Valve allow you to just rerelease [paid game of theirs] but for free with a new coat of paint? Because AM2R is still just a remake of a game actually being sold on the eShop.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/362890/

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hey cjacobs I finally got around to playing max Payne 3 and it's very fun. Should I do keyboard and mouse or stick with a controller? Also the chromatic aberration is terrible. The gameplay more than makes up for it though.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean Samus is depicted in AM2R as a total badass and not a blowup doll so I can see why sakamoto wanted it removed at least

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is mostly directed at cjacobs but I finished Max Payne 3 and holy lmao that game ramps the gently caress up at the end, doesn't it? :allears:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcniyQYFU6M

nier automato

It sure does! It turns into a Die Hard movie like right at the very end because hey why not. How did you enjoy the kickass ariport terminal setpiece that rules and is awesome

It was brilliantly violent and wonderfully fun.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

I hope you call it a turduckorn.

For sides we have limp bizkits, green beans, the cranberries sauce, all the good stuff you want.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

The service industry is toxic, get out asap

After working at one for a while I am fully of the opinion call centers should be outlawed or used as a form of capital punishment.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

The worst part is that there's a crazy long cutscene like a couple minutes before the hardest part of the whole game. So every time I'm just sitting there like "don't freak out, don't freak out, SHUT UP MAX I JUST WANNA GET PAST THIS PART".

Which one, tremors?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Looper posted:

I just saw Moana and it was really really loving pretty and also the movie was good too

love dwayne the rock johnson

It was a nice popcorn movie. Good songs, looked nice, really really standard plot. I had no idea that the rock could sing, that surprised the hell out of me.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Harrow posted:

Yeah, that's what I mean. I'm not angry, but it's justifiable to criticize Nintendo for it as a business practice.

It's probably helped that I don't really want an NES Mini so I have no horse in this race, though if they do this poo poo with the Switch I'll probably get annoyed.

There's no way they don't do this with the switch, they've done it with literally everything they have made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

I liked 3, but I think I am a major exception to the audience. I liked exploring the wilderness area, and the animal crossing bullshit at the homestead, and petting every animal in the cities. The cities themselves were total rear end, though.

I did enjoy when Ben Franklin gives his prepared speech about loving older women to Hatham Kenway during the prologue.

I feel the same way. I liked Connor as a protagonist.

• Locked thread