Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hey, I'm just sayin' they already dropped hints.

The hints in the Reaper of Souls ending monologue were especially subtle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blIhfeCX55k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

I'm still leaning more towards having to fight Imperium who is trying to eliminate the nephilim before you even have a chance to become corrupted. Then at the end you do something dumb with macguffin, aping the Diablo 1 ending

I've got my money on Imperius being the bad guy in the next DLC as well, I was just saying that they could have been a little less obvious about the nephalem being corrupted at some point in the future.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Could somebody post a link to someone speaking with this "nerd accent"? I'm curious.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

The important thing is that I don't sound like any of those nerd accent people.

Also,

What the hell is this?

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

He isn't going to deport any muslims. At worst he's going to put some restrictions on who can get into the country.

I get that you're not too excited about the results of the election, but having a nervous breakdown about an incredibly unlikely doomsday scenario is not the way to go. Relax and play some video games.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

not sure "trump is going to pick a supreme court justice" is unlikely but sure

I didn't know the supreme court justice had the power to deport all muslims, sorry about that.

Seriously though, it sucks that Trump won, but I think people are exaggerating how bad it really is.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

they have the power to ban homosexuality

not just gay marriage, being gay in general is a right afforded by a past supreme court decision and not shored up by federal law in any way. so it may literally be illegal to be gay. it'll definitely be illegal to have an abortion.

Holy poo poo that's horrible. I just assumed those things were considered human rights in the western world at this point, but I guess I was horribly wrong. I think I'll just shut up about this election now.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

I think this guy makes some good points about the whole Trump thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abwc7AAXn3A

I'm still going to keep trying to convince myself that things aren't as bad as they seem.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

If realizing that you only bought the games because they were cheap and uninstalling steam counts as finishing your backlog then you can add me to the list of people who have finished their backlog as well.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Why does Tetsura Nomura get main screen billing?

I have a feeling it's because he did the main character design, but I'm not really sure where I'm getting that idea. It's mostly just a hunch, really.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

It was just a joke man, chill.

Respecting your seniors is very important to the japanese and I'd assume pulling him from the game would be seen as disrespectful, even if it was justified. Putting him on the title screen is most likely an attempt to save face for both Square-Enix and Nomura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Maluco Marinero posted:

Nintendo are deliberately undersupplying and they deserve to get called out on it.

This is simply not true. Anyone with any knowledge of economics will tell you that they have absolutely nothing to gain from not being able to meet demand. It doesn't matter how much people want your product if you have no product to sell.

I'm not a fan of The Game Theorists but this video about the amiibo shortage is spot on, and much of it applies to the NES mini as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yp5BpT96yo. It's a long video so skip to 8:30 if you want to skip the backstory. The short version of the story is that they're selling their product for much less than its perceived value and that's something that'll drive demand up like nobody's business. You could argue that they should know by now that their products are going to sell like crazy, but after the Wii U's failure and the 3DS' underwhelming launch it's really not that crazy that they'd be reluctant to make millions of the things. You can always make more, but once you've made a thing you can't sell you're not getting your money back and Nintendo learned this the hard way with the Wii U.

I know we're not supposed to defend corporations, but I'm getting tired seeing this conspiracy theory nonsense get repeated as fact, especially when the theory completely falls apart under the tiniest bit of scrutiny.

• Locked thread