Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Artwork of male and female necromancers just got leaked by mistake on Blizzards website, looks like they are set to announce a Diablo 3 expansion by the end of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I said come in! posted:

It could also be the rumored Diablo 4.

That's what I thought previously since they released that unused tileset, but considering how only necromancers got leaked I'm sure it's only an expansion.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

litten, because tiger mask is cool

Incineroar is the fusion of tiger mask and Endeavor from Boku no hero

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

The hints in the Reaper of Souls ending monologue were especially subtle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blIhfeCX55k

I'm still leaning more towards having to fight Imperium who is trying to eliminate the nephilim before you even have a chance to become corrupted. Then at the end you do something dumb with macguffin, aping the Diablo 1 ending

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

If it was me I'd trim all that excess skin off

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Can I get in the XCOM action? I'm willing to be first to go around blind corners

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Well here's an XCOM 2 update: one or some of my mods bugged out and crashed the game, and now I can't load the game with the Goon Squad anymore :(

RIP

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Most high sounds about right

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Diablo 3's new content is a Diablo 1 throwback mode that nobody asked for. It includes a filter to make the game look like poo poo and 8 way movement :geno:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

Actually that sounds dope as gently caress, especially because I think it's essentially going to include the entire original game

Diablo 1 isn't that great though, and if they really wanted to get people to hop on a nostalgia hype train it should have been D2 instead

Necromancer is part of a dlc pack which will probably cost 10-20

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

How the hell is he making Mario clap underwater to swim faster?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I still don't like Dark Souls 2, it has so many lame bosses especially compared to 3. The PvP covenants were cool, but I'm much more invested in the boss battles and the only ones I liked were the skeletal chariot and the two rat bosses.

E: I never played the dlc tho, maybe that's where all the good bosses are hidden

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

BB > DeS > DS > DS3 > DS2

Demon's is the worst mechanically, but it's still a favorite due to it being the first one I played and therefore all my greatest "gently caress yeah" moments were had then.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I got Dragonball Xenoverse 2 on the xbone, specifically so I could play with a buddy who chose the wrong console. I started my Xbox live gold trial after playing enough to catch up to him, and the game still thinks my profile shouldn't have online privileges :v:

I don't understand how this is possible, and my only avenue is emailing namco bandai and hoping they can sort it out

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Snak posted:

This is the big reason I miss being able it upgrade armor. In DS2 (which was my most-played before BB) I would upgrade cosmetic armors so they were actually comparible to non-upgraded utility armors.

BB handles it the best though, where armor stats hardly matter except for a couple specific spots

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

My mom is a pretty big expert in the supernatural smut community and she says chuck tingle isn't one person

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yoko Taro is going to save video games

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

From is done doing medieval stuff and I'm glad. I hope whatever they got cooking for the Switch has giant robots

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

How do I block all games below 120 fps?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Dark Souls takes a bunch of inspiration from Berserk including being able to dress up pretty much exactly like the main character so, uh.

Berserk is hardly even anime dude, it's basically a Western comic

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Gits is guaranteed to be a boring generic Hollywood, but who cares since overwatch now has the Mexican Major

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Oh yuck, didn't know that there is no Group Policy Editor in Home version. That's loving ridiculous.

You can do it like this then, open up Regedit and go to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
and set the value of NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers to 1. That should stop it from forcing a reboot on you randomly.

Also importantly while you're at it, one level up there is ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate, which you probably want to turn on as well. That supposedly stops it from downloading new video card drivers and that like.

You sure that's the correct path? I couldn't find Windows Update inside of Windows

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Snak posted:

yeah, I don't see it either.

edit: This http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-turn-off-automatic-updates-in-windows-10-via-registry/
says you have to create the key.

That's "create a system restore point before attempting" territory.

aka I will forget to do it.

Oh I never considered that you had to make the directory :downs:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Polygon sucks cause they want to tell you more about how a game makes you feel than about how the game feels to play

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I still like the usage of "Beanpole?" next to one of the lifts in Orn+Smo's room

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I liked the mafia 3 atmosphere when I first started playing it but after so many hours the weather effects went insane and it alternates between extremely bright sun showers and ghostly illuminated plants everywhere

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

and also Dangerous Golf?!

I didn't even know it was out and its already a dollar

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm gonna get hosed up and start titanfall tonight, I'll find out how hosed we are tomorrow morning

I voted this morning, but mostly to make sure our governor can't oust "activist judges" for upholding the roe vs wade

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Well titanfall 2 is fun but I found out my Xbox live gold trial account is completely blocked from multiplayer. I had nothing better to do this early morning so I spent an hour with tech support and they supposedly can't do anything to fix it on their end and they'll email me "when there's an update", aka go gently caress yourself.

I thought Sony was supposed have the shutter account system, how is Microsoft screwing something up they've had running for a decade?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Skeezy posted:

How many of y'all are playing Titanfall 2 on the Bone. I'm looking for some friends to play with :unsmith:

I'll play with ya as soon as I get my account working

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Games are good and this is as good of a time as any to game

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

In the middle of the election cycle last night, my throat started to get sore, and by the time I went to bed, I was shivering and had difficulty swallowing water. I am now relegated to being basically bedridden and consuming only tea. Great timing, virus. Thanks a lot!!

I got over the stomach virus a few days ago, and now I kind of regret it because I'd love to be able to call in sick right now. I got more sleep the night I was violently purging, than I did last night.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

We're just stuck in a failed play through and God already loaded a different checkpoint

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The idea of an ultra liberal shadow army hiding in a high tech bunker with a gigantic airship underneath a lake is weirder than anything in metroid

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hey, generic pulpy alien worlds are automatically cooler than metal-walled military complexes, especially if they're actually bright and colorful!

Also, drat, I'm fighting the liberals? Where's the option to join up with them?

Yeah interesting worlds are important in exploration games, I just think the idea of a secret ultra liberal uprising is especially hilarious right now

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

What do you name the fifth kid then?

That reminds me, I seen a kid the other who was named Mario. Wtf is wrong with parents these days. Might as well have named him pikachu

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Birdo is a good name, works for boys and girls even

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Honestly though, I doubt people are going to care about about being named after video game characters when it's the norm, and if your kid grows to dislike the name they can always go by a different name.

Also I just imagined Johnny Cage's a boy named Sue but his name is sephiroth instead :roflolmao:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

https://meh.com/

They've got an irish stout beer brewing kit

That seems pretty neat, idk if that's a good deal or not tho and idk if that's a good quality thing or not

Normally Mr Beer is a pretty terrible buy since you can get a real homebrew kit for $50, but $25 is a "deal" because the product is normally overpriced and $25 is how much they should be charging for those things. Their article is correct in that its perfect if you think you'll end up trying it once and then never touching it again, but if you do get interested in homebrew as a hobby you'll regret the purchase.

I always laugh at those big dumb brewing rigs, like the oners they linked. Bottling is a chore but its always worth it in the end cause you can share your beer with friends, but Dad's gotta have his rig in the mancave to show off :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm still mad about zangief showing up at the villains support group

• Locked thread