Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Sakurazuka posted:

Axelay is a good SNES shooter that alternates between horizontally and vertically scrolling stages. Also Time Trax (based on a quickly cancelled 90's TV show) was one of the few good lisenced platformers on the system. Do not mix it up with Time Cop, which is one of the worst.

When I was 13 or so I rented Axelay and had a great time. I wasn't that great at shooters being 13 but I managed to get to the final boss. Axelay is a game where your ship colliding with things does damage. So it turns out my last move with my last life was to accidentally run into the final boss, which killed it, and also gave me enough points to earn an extra life, meaning I just won the game somehow.

Well that's my Axelay story...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Shindragon posted:

Jim's gimmick is kinda to be over top and angry at times. The frustration with Nintendo is legit. I mean I wish they would stop that poo poo.

A frigging NES emulator for crying out loud.

edit: They are so doing this with the Switch. That's just Nintendo for you.

Yeah, this is hardly Jim flipping his poo poo, his whole shtick is being an unrepentant outspoken consumer advocate (because few other people in the games industry will do it).

Nintendo are deliberately undersupplying and they deserve to get called out on it.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Lurdiak posted:

Oh yeah, those are neat, although they contribute to the confusion about whether or not this is a remake or a sequel.

https://youtu.be/_7zdNr7AnWI

Who cares? They don't.

• Locked thread