Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Bought Owlboy. First 30 minutes I played, drat good. Love the sprite work, the animations, the flying mechanics are pretty solid. The music is pretty chill too. Only could play 30 mins of it cause of lunch and then back to QA work. :v:

Get it. It's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I was gonna get Owlboy until I discovered it was $25.

Boo this man. Boooooooooo. If I had a gif of Owlboy sad it would wreck your heart. :colbert:

Though I shouldn't throw rocks. I can afford splurging because of alot of QA OT and what not.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 2, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Quest For Glory II posted:

instead of be on a stage showing fake scripted poo poo

I loving hate Ubisoft's stupid rear end scripted players talking to each other VO poo poo.

NOBODY loving WHISPERS when chatting with someone in a loving game.

edit: I'm just cranky right now, so excuse the sorta bad mood.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
And yeah I agree Nintendo's method has been better.

Much as I didn't really like the whole 45 minutes of showing Pokemon, wish they trimmed that a bit down. Other than that? It was pretty drat good.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Evening gamechat goons. Tablet finally kicked it so waiting from Wacom to see if i can get an RMA. At least I still have my sketchbook and mechanical pencil to draw.

So pretty much been doing that all day.

Will post when I"m done.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Snak posted:

I love seeing Dredd kill people in the name of justice. Where does that put me?

Holy poo poo I never realized how much I wanted a Dredd open world game in the vein of True Crime.

Edit: ideally you wouldn't play AS Dredd though.

God could you imagine playing a Drug Warlord and trying to stop Dredd from wrecking your poo poo. Probably the most tense poo poo ever.

I mean the actual Judge Dredd games were horrible. Granted I guess it was pretty hilarious cuffing everybody for the most silliest poo poo ever.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Snak posted:

I was thinking you would play another Judge.

Part of me would think that would be boring but then again Judges are assholes by default, so it probably wouldn't deter much from the gameplay.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You are all dead to me.

gently caress you all.

*runs off crying*

Bunch of a Dark soul 2 hating asses

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Grapplejack posted:

As long as it stays above 60 or is a rock solid 30fps I don't care.

Pretty much this. If it can stay at a solid frame rate. Fine with me. It only sucks when it staggers.

Much as I love Bloodborne, the frame rate tanks when you do co op in certain areas.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

Frank really does look like a dude going through a mid-life crisis in Dead Rising 2 OTR.

It kills me that he almost looks Dan Aykroyd (in a good way). Also it just makes the clothing look the best on him because how out of shape he is.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Fuckin hell... i dont wanna work tomorrow... just ugh with today

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

FirstAidKite posted:

Friends, we face harsh times ahead, but I promise that together we can weather this. Please, remember that I am thinking of you, wherever you are, and I and wishing for the best of luck. We will get through this. We will be able to breach this fog that clouds the next four years, and we will come out on top in due time with due effort.

Please, stay strong everybody, and stay safe.

Good night, and good luck.

I'm going to Denny's.

Thanks and i love you all goons. I like this chat thread you guys are cool and good

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ciaphas posted:

Actually I can say the same thing about Environmental Station Alpha, the game was aces too but uh holy poo poo that obscure rear end post-game and 100%+ requirements :stare:

Well shiiiiiiiiiit. I was thinking of finishing ESA off my backlog. haha.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Skeezy posted:

I'm playing Dishonored 1 for the first time and as usual with these games I get so anxious if I don't non lethal kill everyone. I don't want to get caught and have to kill folks and it makes me reset constantly. I've heard of rats loving up non lethal playthroughs and stuff so how different is the "dark/evil/bad" ending compared to the normal one.

Does it even matter if I kill some folks?

Just because you end up high chaos, doesn't mean you are screwed. You can lower it. Honestly I wouldn't really worry about it the first time. People who try to play for low Chaos and what not, you just end up not having fun if you keep resetting it. The endings are whatever.

I just went gently caress it. But if you must ask it's like basically don't go above 20% in kills and a spare a few assassination targets (by doing the non lethal route)

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

Why is Sonic 2006 so unpopular? It seems like it has what fans crave

That games loading times is so stupid that I wish that didn't get past certification. Just what the gently caress.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lurdiak posted:

Playing Punch-Out on Wii with motion controls was hella fun.

God I love that game, and god that game got difficult pretty quick.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So I've been out of the pokemon loop for a while. I've playing Pokemon Sun blind with nothing other than the Z moves and I feel like a 13 year old all over again and guessing what pokemon's types were by their appearance. Also I got to the third island. I almost. ALMOST. lost in the 2nd island trial, mostly because of how ill equipped my team was, I was lucky on that one that my Slowpoke manage to kill with barely any HP left. Also Incineroar is the poo poo! I dunno if this was new or not but I love how the strong the affection a pokemon has the more chances they pull off bullshit. Twice Incineroar got paralyzed and he said nah gently caress that. So cool.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 21, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, it even lets you heal their poison after battle via petting

I haven't bought any heals because of that. Burn? Poison? Sleep? Bam does it all.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Nasgate posted:

Wow, i had no excitement for the game until now. Minimizing dumb inventory bullshit and maximizing playing with pokemons is cool and good.

I also heard they got rid of HMs?

Yar thats gone. TMS can be reused over and over. You pretty much use designated pokemon to break rocks/fly/surf around now, they don't take very long to unlock either. There are no more gyms either. Just "trials". After finishing them you fight a loving super powered pokemon that can wreck your poo poo if you aren't careful.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 21, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

The totem Pokemon are like, actually mildly challenging and that's probably the most shocking element of the game.

2nd island one nearly killed me. Venom Shock sucks.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Also I"m gonna say it. Team Skull is better than Team Rocket. Granted that probably isn't much seeing as I think TRocket is basically Jesse and James.

The fight theme owns, their stupid little dance owns. The fact they just wanna rile poo poo up owns.

owns.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That is some ol bullshit. They took it away because Project A2MR would had no contest. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lizard Wizard posted:

Who here didn't pick Popplio as their starter and why should I spare them

Well, one you probably knew considering I said Incineroar.

Two, the final evo was my motive for going with Litten because we don't have enough wrasslin lookin pokemon.

Three. it's goddamn Z move is summoning a goddamn wrasslin ring and the jumping off the turnbuckle and slamming the opponent into a firey explosion oblivion.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Happy Thanksgiving ya'll. It's nice that i basically get four days off of no QA work.

Monday should be fun though. :v

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lizard Wizard posted:

What games are you thankful for?

Thankful for DOOM. It was a pleasant surprise. The marketing, the e3 video, it was gonna scream disaster.

Then it turned out real good. Sure there are some goons who are like but it's not that good and i say well screw you, I had fun. :colbert:

Let's see.. What else?

I'm thankful for OwlBoy finally being released after being developed for 9 years. It was cool and good.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Nasgate posted:

Ugh, gonna go to gamestop at 4 am to try and get those 100 dollar 3ds for my mom(for my step brothers). In return ill get the used 3dsxl she got me for xmas early.

The things I do for love.

Godsppeed dude i wish ya luck

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Regy Rusty posted:

He's supposed to represent a milkshake

This is not a joke

:stare:

Learn something new everyday.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Real hurthling! posted:

I like 4. Its much worse than 2 or 3 but it has my favorite music.

Eh 4 isn't that bad.

That goes to 6. :v:

Sides 4 gave us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5dSYCeoHI

It aint' no MM2 Wily Stage, but it's still drat catchy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Jim's gimmick is kinda to be over top and angry at times. The frustration with Nintendo is legit. I mean I wish they would stop that poo poo.

A frigging NES emulator for crying out loud.

edit: They are so doing this with the Switch. That's just Nintendo for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Help Im Alive posted:

I feel sorry for team fortress 2 losing its acronym

RIP. i suggest it be called Team Fortress Hats 2. :v:

• Locked thread