Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mod please change thread title to "November Entertainment System", thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Hello, friends. I am two, probably three dungeons from the end of Link's Awakening and this song is good, so I am sharing it with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOo5yr76RJs

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Pissing off GBS enough for them to self-own themselves by buying a terrible avatar with just a few sentences is a badge of honor IMO

Wow at that text.

Besides didn't Corn already toxx for Gary Johnson????

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

lmao I read that dialogue in their proper cartoon voices, too :stare:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Snak posted:

Did Tom Clancy give a poo poo about video games?

He actually knew the technical info on all the consoles and could describe it in great detail

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I also hate Let's Play voices but it's mostly because I hate the Nerd Accent, which is a thing I cannot describe but you know it when you hear it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I got prize money from a costume contest on another forum a couple days ago and I used that to buy Owlboy. It's super fun and the sprite work is gorgeous, but it's really making me wish I had a PC controller

Also had an awkward moment where I tweeted about how it doesn't work on my garbage specs PC and then Adrian Bauer himself swooped in to ask specifics, but then I told him I got it working on my laptop

post the costume

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I rate that nerd accent 3 gamexplain guys out of 10

Yeah I was gonna say the Gamexplain guy is a pretty good example of the nasally thing I am talking about

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I think that's less to do with NERRRDDSSS and more that the guy just has an annoying-sounding voice :shrug:

Like, he'd be just as annoying to listen to if he were talking about the weather, it's got nothing to do with the subject matter

I think you're focusing too much on the "nerd" part here

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Dogs, cats and birds are all good people. Birds are weirdly more like dogs than cats, in my experience, but the fact that you can teach them human words, and sometimes what those words mean, owns.

:siren:WARNING: THIS SONG IS NOT FROM A VIDEO GAME:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh6Qla-OQ-M

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I am digging the save birds in Link Between Worlds. They're kinda like robots or something though.

EDIT: Dyna Blade, From Kirby

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 6, 2016

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Who is talking in the panel?

A rich middle aged white person swishing a martini just off-panel

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

if comic books actually were for children they'd be a lot better probably

This is why Superman comics from the 50's are the best

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

How do I block all videogames

Please leave.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Ugh fine you dummies, everything you like is anime, Avengers is an anime, milky way bars are anime.

But Lurdiak ... you are an anime, yourself????

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Because I won't buy EA's Boring Gimmick 2, and Generic Competitive Shooter with a war history twist? My time and money are better spent elsewhere. At best I would rather play Shadow Warrior 2 and want to.

You should try talking about games you like.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Ooh, I feel fine talking about whatever I want. What you're really saying is you want me to talk about what you want, but i'm not here for you. Sorry.

You have Xbox megathreads and poo poo to talk about the games you hate, the Chat Thread is here to enjoy things.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I finished Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX last week and since then I have been playing Link Between Worlds, which is a really amazing game. It reminds me so much of every good part of Link to the Past, with so many good additions. The thing where you don't really find items in dungeons is pretty weird, and I wish the Dark World was a little more original and exciting, but the save point/fast travel system is perfect and the 2D wall crawling leads to some really cool puzzles that kinda force you to think outside the box right off the bat. It's fun to just run around and try to find the weird chirping mollusk things or a cave to blow open. The updated music with the weird SNES bleeps and bloops still peppered throughout is exactly what I want to hear. I think I like the Legend of Zelda series a lot. Can't wait to finally get to the 3D games.

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 8, 2016

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I love my PS Vita. I love it a lot more than my New 3DS. It's comfier and the screen is gorgeous. I just wish it had as many games to take advantage of the hardware. Isaac and Spelunky run fantastically on it, for example.

I want Spelunky on 3DS real bad. It'd better get on Switch.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

thehoodie posted:

In times like these, I am glad video games exist. Go video games. Video games for president!

With our luck that president would be a MOBA.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Police Automaton posted:

I'm old af and find it incredibly hard to keep up with the massive wave of video games that's coming out these days, anyone feel the same? I mostly look at active threads in this forum every few months to see what's out, if they're active enough, often the game is good. (as long as it's a genre that interests me, that is) Then I get the game and never come around to actually play it more than for half an hour. Then when I actually have the time, I often end up playing old games I've been playing already for years. How do I get out of this

You're old now. I'm sorry.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I finished Link Between Worlds and have started Ocarina of Time and I think I prefer the top down Zeldas so far. Although it was cool that there's a Marin and Tarin equivalent, I didn't think I'd ever be seeing those dudes again. But if Talon is what the Zelda people think a realistic Mario would look like, Jesus Christ :stare:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Update: I hate this game.

lmao

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

My main gaming platform is a Wii U so I don't even have any new games to buy!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What wii u games do you currently own?

I own a lot of Wii U games and I am currently playing all of the Zeldas so my life is ok, friend.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypv2uUlG41s

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

If someone asked me what I thought precision's job was that is what I would guess yeah.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

KA BLAM, knocked three whole minutes off of my record!! It was almost easy with all these new skips I've been practicing. The run is officially more cutscene than gameplay in realtime now! Amazing. I love life so much you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWjTyOdFVI

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

oddium posted:

play mcdonald's treasure land adventure for genesis

M.C. Kids for NES is a pretty good SMB2-like and you can be a cool 90's dude with a high top fade.

Also you can chill with Grimace.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

He's supposed to represent a milkshake

This is not a joke

Actually it seems he started as an evil character who stole milkshakes.

http://mcdonalds.wikia.com/wiki/Grimace

Also, there is a McDonalds wiki. I'm not sure why this surprised me.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

I have a feeling it's because he did the main character design, but I'm not really sure where I'm getting that idea. It's mostly just a hunch, really.

I have never seen a character designer receive credit on the main menu screen. I don't think I've ever seen anyone receive credit there.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I guess I do not play a lot of jrpg's.

oddium posted:

don't post a mean smash brothers announcer response thank you

drat ...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Tetris B from Smash sounds like a Russian folk band having a drunken party, and that is awesome.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I personally like games where the gameplay is good and fun to play, and hate baby trash that is bad, and for morons.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Please be nice to Judi breast

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Then why are they even in there and treated 'seriously', just give Washington a katana and make him playable.

I'm actually down with this

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

the last time they were generally good and releasing lots of good games was before they hosed up prince of persia so bad. that series really showed that the company was aligning to a new philosophy and everything became edgy for no reason. they eventually learned that instead of a prince with an atitude it could be a modern white guy doing scifi to be a edgy prince in his mind like the matrix, which i'm sure focus grouped through the roof in groups of french teens.

This is actually because Ubisoft has this weird corporate rule that they can only make games that take place in modern times and yet they constantly jump through weird hoops to have stuff take place in the past BUT NOT REALLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I was pretty sure I read the Ubisoft thing in a place and now I can't find where I read the thing so OH WELL NEW MONTH THREAD IS OVER

• Locked thread