Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I was gonna get Owlboy until I discovered it was $25. Maybe when it goes on sale I'll get it

In the meantime, I have a hard time figuring out what I want to play or beat for November. I don't want to touch Yo-Kai Watch 2 or Persona Q again, but I'm having a hard time trying to justify finishing up any of my console games. I guess I could just wait around until Pokemon Sun arrives at my house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Boo this man. Boooooooooo. If I had a gif of Owlboy sad it would wreck your heart. :colbert:

I'll still get it eventually but right now $25 is a little much for me

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Platinum Games superfanboys, the super best friends, called titanfall 2's campaign better and more exciting than vanquish on their podcast

my copy is still on the way is this possibly true? no way right?

I haven't bought and finished either, but from what little I played of Vanquish at Gen Con a couple years ago, there's no way that can be true

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I got prize money from a costume contest on another forum a couple days ago and I used that to buy Owlboy. It's super fun and the sprite work is gorgeous, but it's really making me wish I had a PC controller

Also had an awkward moment where I tweeted about how it doesn't work on my garbage specs PC and then Adrian Bauer himself swooped in to ask specifics, but then I told him I got it working on my laptop

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

There were no actual costumes involved, everyone on the forum made separate accounts that depicted their costume choice. We had two contests going on during the event; one was for having the best and most entertaining costume, and the other was for having zero guesses to who was using the costume. The prizes for both were $10

I went as Space Ghost in his Coast to Coast incarnation and won both contests

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Ah, just like my favorite Smash Bros. character: all of them.

Oh poo poo, that's cool

I kinda look like Prince Charming with blue hair but that's fine

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Just saw Doctor Strange
It was very cool and good
I would recommend

I also just got back from seeing Doctor Strange and it was super cool, but my favorite character was the Cape of Levitation

It gets points taken away though for not featuring Shuma-Gorath in any capacity, but oh well. Maybe in the next movie

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I remember when Pac-Man was a chrome robot who ate CalorieMates while avoiding Monsters Inc. rejects

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I think it's hilarious how noted hard game series Shin Megami Tensei with a simple element system can get away with letting you knows which skills do the most damage on certain enemies, but when Pokemon with a complicated type system and abilities on top of that introduces the same thing, that's where gamers draw the line

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Who's your favorite Pokemon?

Lucario is the strongest and coolest, and is also me

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Evening goons

Two friends of mine have gotten together and started up a series of videos discussing a particular level within a video game, and going into detail on what that level does for any given concept like atmosphere or pacing. Their first episode was on Gradius III and how it handles game design with pacing in mind. It's a pretty cool series and I'm plugging it here to try and help them make it big, so any cursory glances at all would be appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ggq9zLAYZ8

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

How many hours will they spend on discussing Mega Man X, the most perfect game ever created?

I dunno, but maybe if you pester them about doing an episode on Mega Man X they'll consider it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I can't sleep knowing America willingly elected a racist, misogynistic dictator as President.

Please, stay safe everyone.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I have a close friend who's a Muslim and I can't stop thinking about what'll happen to him now that Trump's been elected and it honestly makes me want to cry

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

My dad wanted to name me Xavier before I got my real name, and as much as I don't really like my name, I'm kinda glad I dodged the Xavier bullet

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

About to go on a plane to Florida to meet up with friends for the weekend. It'll be the first time in 9 years I've gotten on an airplane and the first flight I'll be going on by myself. I'm pretty nervous but also really excited!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Skeezy posted:

Where in FL bud?

Orlando, I'm gonna hang out with friends at a bunch of resorts including just outside the Islands of Adventure and several places around Disney World

Anyways I'm now here inside my hotel room. Flying in the sky really does make you feel that much smaller in the grand scheme of things

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

In Training posted:

Everybody speaks very highly of Great Cave Offensive in Super Star but to me...by far the weakest part of the package...

Yeah I like it but I like Revenge of Meta Knight, Milky Way Wishes, and Ultra's Revenge of the King more

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Yoshi's Story owns and it has one of the best ending songs of all time

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

GOTY 2016 is a toss-up between DOOM, Kirby Robobot, or the new Ace Attorney

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I only just reached the third island in Pokemon Sun, but I've been loving the hell out of it. Might overtake Pokemon White as my new favorite Pokemon game

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

oh hey thanks for the reminder to read all of BitF again

I think we all needed the reminder

Thanks for that, FirstAidKite. BitF's my absolute favorite webcomic and I've been meaning to reread all of it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Who here didn't pick Popplio as their starter and why should I spare them

I was going to pick Rowlet until Incineroar won me over by being a heel wrestler with a heart of gold

Popplio had too much competition unfortunately, but the entire line is lovely

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Where's the "heart of gold" part

He still owns, just wondering

Part of his description on the main Sun/Moon website:

quote:

If a crowd watching it battle is pumped up, Incineroar’s fighting spirit will burn brighter. But a lackluster crowd can make it lose focus or fight shoddily. When it receives the admiration of young Pokémon and children, it may keep up its cold attitude on the outside, but in its heart of hearts, Incineroar is immensely happy. It loses the desire to fight when faced with a Pokémon that’s clearly weak or injured, and it sometimes gets taken advantage of as a result.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Heeeey. What is everyone's game of the month.

Beside Pokemon I guess. Be interesting

Guess what it's Pokemon

For real though, Sun and Moon are both incredible games. Probably the thing that has surprised me the most, outside of changing up your main objectives and giving older Pokemon cool new forms, is the cast of characters. All the main characters are completely fantastic (some even go through lots of character development too!), but even the trial captains and kahunas are great too. I'm not even done with the whole game yet, but this is easily the best cast of characters in any Pokemon game, and probably the best story in a Pokemon game too

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I finally beat Pokemon Sun

This is the best Pokemon game, y'all. Excellent stuff

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Phil Spencer gettin' all fanboy over Nintendo.

Phil Spencer is a good man and we need more people like him in the industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey, just dropping by tto wish everybody a good day! If your day has been going poorly, I promise that time will change all that and you'll be having a better day sooner than later :) Take care, friends!

I've been kinda depressed today, so this is just what I needed. Thanks, friend :unsmith:

• Locked thread