Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

if you have an insane amount of weeds the plant shop sloth will pull them and then give you exclusive plant furniture. so hopefully it is a weed jungle

Someday I will reload my Gamecube Animal Crossing save and everything will be in tatters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Has anyone heard from StrixNebulosa since last night's mission? :ohdear:

Sorry, they're DoA.

As in, the titty fighter.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lets hang out posted:

the guy who said that also tells people to play criminal girls instead of neptunia games so

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's what you get for posting in D&D. Or the Steam thread?

People are loving crazy.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The hosed thing is that The Last Guardian comes out a week later.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Blackfyre posted:

Are people excited? The previews and general impression I get of the game are very tepid.

To be honest I have looked at none of the previews or videos because I want to see them in game. I'm excited, but mostly because of my experiences with the other games.

Stupidly enough I think Pewdiepie is the one with the most video of the game right now. The marketing of the game in general has been a bit muted and weird but I think that's only natural for as long as it's basically been vaporware.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oh neat, I guess Final Fantasy Legend II keeps a running tally on how many saves the cartridge has had on the save file. My first save on this cart made it save #37.

Based on their dudes though they didn't play it very much.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Because both Klonoa games owned.

Oh hey there's something I haven't played in a while and should go back to.

The stage concepts in Klonoa 2 were loving inspired.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Give me the Tom Clancy mascot platformer.

What does he collect? Nukes?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cool too bad they're like sold out everywhere already.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

drat it thread, stop reminding me of good PS2 games.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm not worried about the FFVII remake because it's being done by CyberConnect2 which launched 7 games, three animes, several manga and poo poo all for one series just on the PS2.

Also probably why it's being broken up into parts.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Snak posted:

It being broken up into parts killed all my interest in it. I'm not loving paying $180 to pay FFVII remake.

That's an oddly specific price to be mad about when nothing has been announced.

Like yeah if they're all $60 that's bullshit. But I'd like to think enough episodic things have come out at decent pricepoints that they wouldn't try that.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CrashCat posted:

On the other hand, this is the company that charges $20 for mobile games

Good, kill the whales.

Snak posted:

I mean yeah I pulled it out of my rear end. I didn't realize it was going to be episodic. The article I read back when it was first announced made it sound like they were making a trilogy of "full games". Like that Star Craft 2 bullshit.

I mean nobody really knows what way it'll be but people were scoffing at paying $50 for each .hack game in the PS2 era and Life is Strange did pretty well for Square so who knows.

Also Hitman has been a roaring success.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

what if each part has 40 hours of gameplay

The way I figure it, you could consider original FFVII a 40 hour game. Split that into four episodes of 10 hours originally, and then add at most ten more to each. Otherwise it's going to be in development forever which would be an actual concern to me if this wasn't a remake and if it wasn't being handled by a competent dev.

4 episodes at 15 to 20 hours a piece is close to what the original four .hack games did, anyway.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

bloodychill posted:

On the other hand, Noumra thought Kitase was directing the game until the trailer released and he saw his name. On the game they'd already started prelim work on. My confidence is not high.

I still feel like that was only ever supposed to be a cute anecdote that people instantly took to prove massive mismanagement at the top of Square.

Like if he had said he wasn't aware he was working on the game at all that would be troubling, but as-is he just didn't know his position on the project. I mean if I got taken off of as the director of a game in the series that represents the entire company you might not think you'd have such a prolific part on the remake of the most favored game in that series regardless of working on it in the past.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I like watching people play games that gave me a "spark" back in the day because the only way to get that again is to watch other people play that game for the first time.

I want to play Super Metroid and Shadow of the Colossus again for the first time.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Great Joe posted:

Okay.

Demolition Girl. Mega Man X 7. Shadow the Hedgehog.

gah i take it back

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah you could even play Sword Art

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wait, that isn't on steam my joke is ruined

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Today is the day that I am forced to admit my 3DS is dying and I am sad (not really).

But seriously it is crashing when I try to play fuckin' Boxboy so the excuse of "well it probably is just struggling with graphics intensive games" is no longer relevant, it just crashes whenever.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The closest I can think of is Onimusha Tactics. But that's like FF Tactics.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't think I'd want current SE to try to remake it, I feel like it'd just end up an ugly mobile game

Apologize to Adventures of Mana, that game is pretty. And also available on Vita.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I still don't know what the heck anime is supposed to mean outside of literally Japanese cartoons.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 8, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Keep in mind one of the things different about Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro is the update settings, and you can't change it to stop automatically updating on Home (without registry hacks, anyway).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Adding gestures with messages is the best thing and now I'm all about the but hole messages to be of a person gesturing their finger into some corpse rear end.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Every game should have Dark Souls messages.

Or stuff like Mario Maker where you could put a Miiverse post on parts of the stage.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also Shadow Complex is a buck, you should buy it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/unreal-engine-bundle

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I enjoyed Axiom Verge one time through as a janky Metroid NES love letter but there is no desire for a second play.

Yeah, same. My interest died pretty much when I learned that there are randomly placed glitch areas with random items.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ni-oh was super focus tested and that game is going to be amazing.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Meanwhile imma go play Final Fantasy Legend 2 on my imported Super Gameboy 2.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oh man, my Goty IS probably going to end up having been a game boy game, isn't it?

Dark Souls 3 was good but I'm just sitting here thinking about Adventures of Mana.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

He will get possessed by Dormin and you the gamer will have to fight away the tears long enough to stab him in the eyes repeatedly and it will be GOD TIER GAMING.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Dog Dragon will get hit by a Car Dragon and the boy will be told the game got delayed for another ten years.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I think they're less creepy than Funko Pop because they have expressions and eyes instead of terrible soulless black dots;

World of Funko Pop is just that one stage of Condemned but for the whole game.

What the hell is that chasing me? I dunno, they all look the same!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I thought that was from bleach since they didn't care enough to put a background in the first panel.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

No not really.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

smh taking out the vagina bones ubisoft has learned nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I did it, I bought a PS4 Pro.

This is what happens when I get too much store credit.

• Locked thread