Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

oddium posted:

hello i'm going to play the first dark souls for the first time. what should i know

If you're playing on PC, use a controller and get DSfix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

oddium posted:

i beat kraid. the framerate is still pretty bad but i think i can manage

30 fps bad, or worse? The game's locked to 30 fps if you don't change the settings in DSfix.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Snak posted:

I was gonna give a serious answer, based on my own weird tactical realism hangups, especially "non-lethal" takedowns...

But then I remember the running bionic punch in MGSV. So yeah. That.

Speaking of hangups, hanging people up upside-down in the Arkham games is a pretty good one. :v:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Fürry Elise

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

oddium posted:

yoshi story was good but i didn't play yoshi's island beforehand so maybe that would have changed my opinion

Same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urYdNVYSu-g

Olive! fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 15, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

the Fat Bipedal Baby design stuck for a while afterwards until Yoshi finally started looking cool again in Brawl.

what

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

as a con you have to listen to the yoshi chorus say "eat rear end in a top hat" or whatever on the level select screen.

I always heard it as 'be careful'

The real offender in YS is the Yoshi select song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j41Ush9tbcM

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Dark Souls 3 is a game that came out this year. It was pretty good but I played through it once, then never played it until the dlc came out. Then I played through the dlc with the same character and put it away again. The game doesn't make me want to do dozens of playthroughs like the first game did.

Dark Souls 3 status: not goty

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

I should play Hitman now that it's fully out, I remember really enjoying the fashion show even though i only played it once or twice (and never touched a hitman before that)

So many games to play though: Bloodborne, Mass Effect 3, Gravity Rush, Tyranny, World of Final Fantasy

Weirdly when I get home I don't seem to want to actually start any of them :geno:

Bloodborne is the best game in your post, if you have a PS4 you should be playing it. Bloodborne is ultra good, play the Bloodborne. Start playing Bloodborne already.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

CJacobs posted:

One thing I will say from experience is that if you do, playing DS1 after will be hard. Bloodborne's speed is crazy bananas fast in comparison. Not that it's better or worse, just that it's the same formula executed so differently that it'll feel real weird playing one after the other (no matter the order).

Yeah. Bloodborne is the fastest Souls game in terms of combat, while DS1 is the slowest. (Except for maybe Demon's Souls? Never played that one.)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Huh? As I recall, it staggers him for a good 5-10 seconds or so, certainly enough to go backstab him.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Pistol is extremely useful for parrying, not damage. Time it so the bullet hits while they're swinging at you, then go up and R1 them.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

How did you get an early copy of Barkley 2 :mad:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

How the gently caress is Most Anticipated Game an award

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lizard Wizard: good avatar

CJacobs: good game

Anyone taking the game awards seriously: bad, stop that

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I preordered Pokemon on Amazon Prime, but it's like a bizarro preorder because I'm paying less money to get the game later than other people.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Chimera

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I'm just a pedantic nerd.

Make sure to do the quest "Lost and Found" sooner than later. It becomes unavailable very quickly and locks you out of some stuff later on.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I've been meaning to get that one, I love all the Rhythm Heaven games. I even played the original GBA game in Japanese. :japan:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm probably going to grab a nu3ds in the big sale this black friday but before i grab mon hun for it, does anyone know if it has online matching or if you need to have a crew to play with? i have big doubts that theres a lobby system for it any i don't know anybody else that plays.

There is a lobby system.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okay seriously I haven't played Pokemon Sun/Moon but I've played Black and Crystal and Sapphire and Red, and it's going to be the same ol' same ol': decently paced rpg with a lot of elements that's ultimately not too complex so even kids can play it, with cutesy tamagotchi-esque pet the pokemon add-ons. You'll swap out your team or not depending on if you find a cute pokemon, you'll grind them all up so they're leveled enough totake on the bosses (gyms), and so on and so forth.

Mostly correct but there's no gyms

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Erata posted:

I'm glad I haven't gotten hurt by this because I've definitely saved more than a few times in centers.

:same:

I mean, why wouldn't you save at the healing station, that's like the most reasonable place

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's just another 20 minutes, christ

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Secret of Evermore?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

StrixNebulosa posted:

After extensive testing I've decided that the worst dish in Cook Serve Delicious so far are nachos. The shortcuts are terrible and trying to serve nachos and potatoes in the same day is the worst!

How much have you upgraded soup

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is actually because Ubisoft has this weird corporate rule that they can only make games that take place in modern times and yet they constantly jump through weird hoops to have stuff take place in the past BUT NOT REALLY

Rayman is modern day???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chat Thread: OH WELL NEW MONTH THREAD IS OVER

• Locked thread