Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

Mod please change thread title to "November Entertainment System", thanks in advance.

There's no way I wouldn't let this happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

oddium posted:

just let me name all the games threads frankly, general chat or not

If you keep coming up with gold then I'll keep on using them!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

I might do the December chat thread so I can list off GOTY things in the op

Remind me about this at the end of November and I will ensure yours is the stickied one.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am very excited for a new Rollercoaster building game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I wish the cubs had won last year. It would have made BTTFII even more prescient.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Mods tell us who bought that av

Sadly the current system has no way to know who bought avatars.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

oddium posted:

hmm. sounds like something someone who changed someone's av would say to cover their tracks

I change people's avatars all the time. Mod perks :getin:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

I'm going to restart my XCOM 2 Goon Squad game. I took the time to redo some of the soldiers, too. Note that there's plenty of room on my squad, if there are any more volunteers. (We need more women characters)

I didn't pass away did I? :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:cheer: Well done squad! I also love the name super and the mario colours. That's fantastic. :D

I always put the names of people I know into games because it triples the fun!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
N++'s premise is to enter a virtual world as a digital ninja collecting bitcoins.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

the man loved video games

He would not stop calling.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lizard Wizard posted:

More powerful, more extreme

The coolest I have ever been! Man, I almost want these Xcoms as my avatar!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CJacobs posted:

"12% chance to hit? I'll take it!
:xcom:, baby!"

:swoon:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lizard Wizard posted:

Not that I don't love having inspired your av, but you realize that's Kirby Superscare right

I'm afraid I was Kirby Superscare for halloween :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have played anime games and I have enjoyed them. I have played anime games and I have not enjoyed them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am still stoked for the switch. I haven't read any rumours, I only know of it through the video advert. If it is like the Vita but amped up then :getin: greatest games console!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CrashCat posted:

What a fascinating curse to wish on Nintendo's last console

Oops I meant latest, lil slip there

I love my PS Vita. I love it a lot more than my New 3DS. It's comfier and the screen is gorgeous. I just wish it had as many games to take advantage of the hardware. Isaac and Spelunky run fantastically on it, for example.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Video games always win!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Make November Great Again

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wamdoodle posted:

:yeah:

Go on Videogames, make your speech.

My dearest Humans.

While I'm not an American, and as such held no sway over the presidential vote, I am still one of you. I still feel surprise, shock, sadness and incredulity at the events that have occurred before us today. I do not hate, however, and I do not feel anger. I feel a sense of strength building. I feel a sense of ideology for a better and brighter future growing within.

These next years will not be easy for many innocent folks and they will be fraught with times so trying that you may wish to give up. I implore you not to. I implore that you group together. That you stand side by side and combat that which seeks to tear you down. You are better than you have ever been and you are more hopeful inside than you believe you can possibly feel right now, but I assure you it is there.

Sometimes bad things happen but there will always be someone to stand with you, to hold you up high alongside them and make it through the fog. Hope is pure and cannot be removed. Nothing lasts forever in this world.

No matter what happens you have friends, you have like minded humans with you and not just in your country. There are those in the world who wish to be your pillars when you are feeling like collapse.

If no one else, I will be that pillar and I will help you through these bad times. It will pass and it will get better.

This, I promise.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just gave the Skyrim Special Edition a try. I cannot believe how much better it runs than the 32bit version. I'm flabbergasted. The same PC runs the 32bit version with stutters and coil whine and sluggish movement. The 64bit is buttery smooth on ultra. This is nuts!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just chiming in to say that ME3 is my favourite of the trilogy followed by ME1. I do not like ME2. I know this opinion is an outlier but 2 changed so much of what I enjoyed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

wizard on a water slide posted:

I think you may indeed be the only person in the world who feels this way, which is cool. ME3 is such a clear gameplay iteration on ME2 while ME1 is the odd man out, so having ME1 split the two in half is odd, and the only other people I've ever met who do so rank ME3 as their least favorite almost entirely out of spite because they hated how the story ends.

I'd love for you to elaborate if you feel like it. Outlier opinions can be fascinating.

Absolutely!

I think I may have mentioned it in an earlier month of the chat thread or even the ME3 thread but good grief that was probably so long ago.

I loved ME1 because it was my first game I played as a cool space explorer. I adored driving the Mako around the various worlds and just getting out and admiring views. That coupled with the space map, the gorgeous music and that each character was really cool and developed made it feel like the beginning of a true space epic. I loved everything about the 1st game and I still do.

ME2 felt like it wanted to act as though ME1 didn't exist. It got rid of so many things I loved, populated the cast with three times the size and seemed to be just some weird action cover shooter. I don't enjoy the combat that much and it seemed to be focued on that. Little things like finding ammo, and small inventories/no management, and the story being so disconnected and weird from the first. I felt like it lost so much of what I was playing for.

Then along came ME3. I didn't get round to playing it until after Citadel DLC was released. I missed the whole DLC/ending issue and also managed to not spoil any of it. I also played it with all the DLC and played Citadel after finishing the main quest, treating it like an epilogue because my shepherd survived the end of ME3. I love it for a very simple reason that even if the original ending is not what people expected, it fit perfectly in my mind by how I was expecting the games to go.

I truly enjoyed wrapping up each characters arcs. The mission with Wrex/Mordin and the Thresher was beautiful. Garrus and sniping in the Citadel was stunning. Helping Liara find a parent, seeing Ashley become a better person was all the kind of stuff I dug. Then capping it off with the Citadel DLC as a nice light ending to such a heavy game was perfect.

I'd always believed (from day one and getting Saren to shoot himself) that Shepherd was being indoctrinated. That's why the ending felt good to me. As though the reapers were attempting to break my Shepherds mind with Control and Synthesis. My shepherd would never have done either of those, she would have destroyed them after realising that she too was being indoctrinated. I felt satisfied with it entirely because of the plots and story.

It's definitely the outlier because everyone dislikes the ME3 story, but for me it was a wonderful cap to the whole overarching plotline and felt more connected to the first story than the second. (What was the point of that giant reaper baby?)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lizard Wizard posted:

WoW is five bucks right now!! The "base game" purchase includes everything but the latest expansion, so if you feel like giving it a try there's no better time!

I'm on Aerie Peak.

Don't you still have to pay monthly?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have no idea what my GOTY might be. I've played a fair few games this year indeed!
I do my GOTY differently to others. I do it based on first time played rather than released.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Mine is Enter the Gungeon. I got it a few nights ago and it's massively fun!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
With my birthday money I bought a steam link, a steam controller, Doom, and a few other games on sale. It's been a good November!
Also I really, really like the steam controller. Going to be awesome when my link gets delivered and I can be really lazy! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Palpek posted:

One day I will get the Steam controller, I swear.

My favourite thing about it so far are the buttons on the back. It's such a simple thing but goes a long way to making some actions so much easier.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I find the touchpad on the DS4 so fiddly and the cursor just jumps around all the time otherwise I'd feel the same (if it had buttons on the back too).

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Holy crap it is absolutely nuts just how damned good the new Doom is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It feels like it shouldn't be as good as it is. In a world of sequels and remakes and all that jazz, its core gameplay is pure back to its roots truth. That and it's beautiful to look at. It's definitely a strange anomaly!!

• Locked thread