Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I mean, Reaper of Souls literally had a cutscene where Diablo gloated about how he was going to corrupt you at some point, which was nothing if not an expansion hook.

Huh, a good character being corrupted would definitely be an interesting angle for Blizzard to take. Color me intrigued

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Sometimes I'm in the mood to maybe check out the new CoD or Battlefield or something for the multiplayer but then the season pass being like the same price as the game itself always puts me off (and it seems like you're missing out on a lot of stuff without it idk)

Not with Titanfall :cool:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

its my favorite single player shooter ever so i'm skeptical but those guys carry water for platinum for a living so idk

It's real good but it's not replayable at ALL in the score attack way that Vanquish (and other Platinum games) works and that's a huge draw of those games for me. If you liked Vanquish you'll love the movement system though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Like it's incredibly tightly crafted but it's a linear experience along the lines of Half Life or something. I'll probably play it again in a couple years but it's not like Doom where I immediately started over on the next difficulty setting (not saying Doom is better, just "replayable" in a different sort of way)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

N++ is extremely good and has a ridiculous amount of content. Difficulty creeps up pretty hard though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Skeezy posted:

I'm playing Dishonored 1 for the first time and as usual with these games I get so anxious if I don't non lethal kill everyone. I don't want to get caught and have to kill folks and it makes me reset constantly. I've heard of rats loving up non lethal playthroughs and stuff so how different is the "dark/evil/bad" ending compared to the normal one.

Does it even matter if I kill some folks?

The ending is pretty different but you have to go out of your way and kill, like, MOST folks to get it. Don't stress anyways both endings are really cool. Devs later expressed in an interview that they wished they had just kept the morality system a secret so people wouldn't game it the first time through, and i see where they're coming from, it feels a lot more organic than most games with good/evil meters and poo poo

• Locked thread