Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh cool I figured D3 was done now

I mean, Reaper of Souls literally had a cutscene where Diablo gloated about how he was going to corrupt you at some point, which was nothing if not an expansion hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Also it really disappoints me that necromancers are coming back since the D3 classes have mostly been new and original up until this point with the exception of Barbarian.

goferchan posted:

Huh, a good character being corrupted would definitely be an interesting angle for Blizzard to take. Color me intrigued

Hey, I'm just sayin' they already dropped hints.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 1, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hey thread, what's your favorite Sun/Moon starter and why is it Popplio?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Endorph posted:

litten, because tiger mask is cool

Haha, good one.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

When does PS+ change to November?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Lizard Wizard has inspired me to play XCOM 2 as well, please let me know if you want a spot on my squad, we are a vibrant, exciting, fun, fresh company looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us kill aliens and alien-lovers

Yes please

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm confused, did I die?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

what game

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Don't worry FAK, I know what Planet Coaster is and I'm looking forward to it

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

:flaccid:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Snak posted:

Oh wow. The horse in Dragon Age: Inquisition might be the slowest-feeling video game horse I've ever encountered. Blegh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZLlXtryUjk

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah, I'd rather sit on this PS+ card for another month than own "the spiritual successor to Dear Esther".

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Fun fact about RCT4: Frontier owns the rights to RCT3 specifically, so they ported it and put Atari's mobile bowel movement to shame. :allears:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

:siren: I'm playing XCOM 2, tell me if you want in my squad :siren:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

I think I already asked, but I'll ask again because XCOM is cool and these mini-action reports are great.

I was just making you actually! That said, anyone who's already asked needs to ask again because I'm not sifting through the October thread sorry.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Fresh out of ranger training, Strix is gonna be filling in for Kirby Superscare while he's on the mend. Those are some big shoes to fill!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh, wow. That's actually kind of intimidating - but if I'm lucky I won't get shot by any zeds.

Zeds are zombies, you silly.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So! As it turns out, a good few of our squaddies are still recovering from injuries, and since I took it upon myself to increase squad size we're gonna be taking a rookie along.

I'm assuming Jay Rust likes red.

I'm also assuming OPERATION DEMON KNIFE is going to be really good or really bad.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

On the bright side, Strix didn't die...to an alien. Our rookie was enthralled by a sectoid most foul, and...well, things went south. Faced with the terrible decision of whether to kill one of our own, we couldn't. Strix was taken from us, and Lurdiak was gravely wounded. Rust snapped out of it, but he knew what he had done.

After mopping up the enemy forces, FAK subdued the VIP and escape to the extraction point, along with Lurdiak. We had lost something, but it looked like things were going to be okay.

That's when the Advent reinforcements came. A few well-placed grenades took care of the two soldiers, but their officer was ready to fire, to intercept our intrepid fighters and cut their lives short, or at least deny them a journey home.

Jay Rust felt terrible. He was a murderer at worst, and a weak-willed fool at best. He felt worthless - but he knew he could do one thing of worth, and if it was the last thing he ever did, well, that'd be okay.

Rust took a deep breath, closed his eyes and barreled across the battlefield, screaming, drawing the officer's fire. If a bullet pierced his skull, at least Oddium would be able to escape. Miraculously, they both made it.

Jay Rust can't help but think this is just slightly inappropriate.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kerbal Space Program, Dropsy, Cities: Skylines, and Yooka-Laylee are all games built on Unity, just to name a few.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Actually l was listing good games.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

the squad attacks a military base. mission objective is to kill every enemy unit.

lizard wizard is knocked out, and i have no way to revive him because i haven't researched that yet.

but it's ok because we're almost done. i just have to find the last enemy and kill it and he'll be fine!

What the hell is a spiked kid

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Has anyone heard from StrixNebulosa since last night's mission? :ohdear:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

This video always cheers me up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yIao9fr1BQ&t=56s

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

The video game equivalent of Alvin and the chipmunks, no and thank you

Skip to the boss fight (4:55) and see if you don't smile.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember it being some cartoon thing from I wanna say cartoon network where it was a character just singing like

LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAAAAA

on repeat and I think he might've been marching or something and ugh I don't even know why it popped into my head but it's been bugging me for a week now

I'm confident that this is your song.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 4, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

GREAT WATER

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o56cp5M9jnk

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Welcome to the team, Ometeotl, also :rip:

sorry

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

:rip: Lurdiak. gently caress the Codex.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today's op was, truly, a death tower.

EDIT: I'm gonna need four rookies for tomorrow.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Nov 5, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Get it?

Because red. :shrug:

A little bit punk?

Ah, just like my favorite Smash Bros. character: all of them.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Well I barely started the mission before having to go out but I think you're pretty hosed. Might give myself a mulligan or two on this one!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just saw Doctor Strange
It was very cool and good
I would recommend

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Took out that relay, but Red Bones is now just bones.

The last remaining Sectoid attempted to inflict panic on Alfalfa, and succeeded - whereupon he filled the freak with future space-lead as his panicked action. :allears:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Liz Wiz you missed a chance to say "Red Bones is now Ded Bones"

Thank god you were here to say it then!

Welcome Grapplejack back to the team for the first time. Apparently she got lost in some kinda crazy autosave shuffle, but she exists now so who cares

A few of our boys are back in action and ready to team up with the newbies to steal from ADVENT. But what's that in the corner?

Enhance!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Grapplejack died as she lived: in a terrible situation that was probably my fault.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hopefully we have enough drones, also Kite has an exosuit with a rocket launcher now.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlisrN7Dl6w

Here's one of my favorite video game birds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Snak posted:

I'm talking about a change that was made from the comics to appease China because it's very profitable to appease China.

• Locked thread