Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

glam rock hamhock posted:

I enjoyed Axiom Verge for a while but the bosses get really terrible and exploring becomes really not fun, even after you get the cool traversal abilities. I really wanted to like that game but it just becomes sort of bad as it goes.
Yep. I like the look and feel of the game but have no real desire to go back at this point. The story was also hot garbage. Conversely I went through AM2R a second time almost immediately after finishing it, that will absolutely go down as one of my personal GOTY contenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I bitched and moaned about Tropical Freeze more than most, but it is still one of the best Wii U purchases one can make.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looking at what actually came out in 2016 I don't think I actually wound up playing any of the major releases, 2016 has been a year spent playing backlogs and Trails of Cold Steel. I did play AM2R though and would probably pick that if given the option.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't believe I've played anything on this list.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Inside is the one I'm probably the most likely to play, short term. Jury's out on when I'll get to Witcher 3 & Doom. Same for Uncharted 4 though I'll have to actually buy a PS4 to do that first.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 17, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I haven't seen Spirited Away again since like 2002 but I felt at the time that it just kind of weird and didn't really get the adoration it was getting then and obviously continues to get now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can't even answer what the last AAA game I played within 2-3 months of its release. I have enough backlogged games to keep me busy and it just makes more financial sense to wait a while for whatever to go on sale and/or get patched/fixed up/improved.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Those that use DS4Windows and Windows 10: Are you finding that with the latest update from a couple of days ago that DS4Windows no longer runs quite as well? I had to re-pair my DS4, which was easy enough I suppose, but more annoyingly now whenever I connect it with BT or USB, UAC freaks out and asks me for confirmation as if DS4Windows were making changes to the computer rather than just automatically starting up the controller's profile.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

In Training posted:

Game of the month for December is Shantae btw
I know it's "done" but there still isn't a release date for it, right?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wonder if I'll ever actually get around to playing Yakuza 5. I was pretty lukewarm on 3 but rather liked 4 when you got to play as the cop who could counter moves. Just don't know if there's enough there for me to commit to another game.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I said come in! posted:

I am trying to get my PlayStation 3 back just so I can finally play Yakuza 5. Hopefully this month. I have never played these games before, but the PlayStation thread brings it up a lot and I watched a Youtube recently that explained why Yakuza 5 was so amazing and so now I really want to play it.
They're very goofy and fun games, but I think I just have so little patience for exploring open world games. So much of the content in 3/4 felt like busy work, which is why the only real amount of fun I had was with certain combat situations (aforementioned cop character). That's not to say the individual zany moments in the story are not a blast because they certainly are, I just get so bored in between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
In Dishonored 1, is it possible to choke someone after a parry? Pretty much every combat encounter with multiple people has to go ~perfect~ because as soon as I get into combat I can't seem to get a prompt to choke the fuckers.

• Locked thread