Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The games where you literally play through every major scene in the movie doing for or less what the characters did in the movie for ten times as long are almost dead, thankfully. And the world has realized that a licensed game doesn't necessarily have to coincide with a major release from the base franchise, which is also good as rushing to make film premiere dates is one of the reasons those games were garbage in the first place.

I like to think we can thank the Chronicles of Riddick game for this, which came out in 2004 and was also really drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm a little disappointed we never got a game based on Edge of Tomorrow since it's the one movie where having the player proceed through it exactly as Tom Cruise did would work perfectly.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Snooze Cruise posted:

Anybody here remember Scannerz?!

Hell yeah, I love that exploding head gif

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm thankful for the ten bucks Sony gave me. What's ten bucks and good on PS4?

Shadow of Mordor or Wolfenstein TOB, in the black friday sale. Kick in a couple of your own dollars and you can get Dishonored 1 or Arkham Knight.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They did plenty of prison stuff that wasn't making wine, maybe it was a throwaway bit during one of those episodes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Palpek posted:

When it actually releases I'll reinstate the thread but I'll need an OP who isn't a crazy fanboy or an insane hater. Please apply for an NMS thread OP position today.

I can throw one together later today if no one else has stepped up by then.

a kitten posted:

Having never played, I don't have strong feelings about NMS, but holy moly this is incredible.

It's amazing how "hating video games" is now a full-time job for some people. Minus points for not sticking to the meter though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Two man's sky enters, no man's sky leaves

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No Man's Sky thread

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just because he died doesn't mean his phone shut off :v:

That mission must have something about it that makes weird poo poo happen. When I did it I hacked his car into a wall, but once he was jammed up he jumped out, ran over, and hijacked me. I hacked him into a wall again and hijacked my car right back, and the download finished before we could trade a third time (then I think he de-aggroed and wandered away like any other npc).

haveblue fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 29, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Multiplayer Vanquish would be amazing but multiplayer time fuckery is more or less impossible so it will remain a beautiful dream.

FirstAidKite posted:

Wasn't that explained as being an HEV thing?

Yeah, the original rationalization was that the HEV suit had one battery it used for everything. Even Valve eventually realized this was dumb and they were decoupled in episode 2.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lurdiak posted:

It's just 2 again, but with a Facebook game in it.

It's 2, except you can point at a guy and whistle and an assassin leaps out of nowhere and murders them.

I remember the MP being fun as hell too, shame it isn't in the remasters.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Remember, when you assassinate, you make an rear end out of I, Nate, and another rear end

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Watchdogs 2 is good actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Palpek posted:

The expansion is standalone so you don't have to buy anything else.

I was feeling pretty good about impulse-buying Syndicate during the Black Friday sale between your previous post and this one

• Locked thread