Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

Nope

I get it

also, nope

I remember it being some cartoon thing from I wanna say cartoon network where it was a character just singing like

LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAAAAA

on repeat and I think he might've been marching or something and ugh I don't even know why it popped into my head but it's been bugging me for a week now

one banana two banana three banana four

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl6HnhFFIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

YES

THANK YOU

On the one hand, drat, on the other as soon as I heard it and read your post again I knew he was dead on.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Zaphod42 posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741690

DS3 also has the best graphics. I like how each game is the best at something different.

DeS has the most unique and memorable bosses but lots of them are gimmicks that once you've beaten them once they're not hard ever again.
DS1 has the best level design.
DS2 has the best multiplayer.
DS3 has the best graphics, most weapons and features.
BB has the best story and combat.

I think this is a pretty good list, but honestly the real reason DS2 is the worst one is they completely botched the Havok physics. There is no joy in rolling through piles upon piles of crates in DS2, but every other game in the series gets it right. How did they screw that one up???

Also it kind of bugs me how DS2 has next to no level flow. DS3 kind of has the same issue, but makes up for it by levels being absolutely gigantic. There's nothing even remotely like staring down into Blighttown or finding the back way into Iosefka's Clinic in Drangleic, and I think it suffers for it. Is there even any part of DS2 where you see a big freakin' thing in the distance, then hours later you find yourself climbing that very thing?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Shindragon posted:

You are all dead to me.

gently caress you all.

*runs off crying*

Bunch of a Dark soul 2 hating asses

It's still something I have over 100 hours in, don't despair. :unsmith:

DS2 is good, but it's totally the odd man out.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
True story: I didn't finish all of the DS2 DLCs because I was drunk, got bored, and went into NG+ when one of them got frustrating. then immediately died because hahaha fuckin' sotfs NG+ is non-stop player trolling

I still need to get back to that. Last time I was poking around in it I turned into the prettiest poison butterfly and floated around farting on things.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

oddium posted:

hello i'm going to play the first dark souls for the first time. what should i know

Don't look stuff up, unless you're hitting a wall. Then, look enough up to get past that and stop. Expect to die a bunch, it is ok. Focus on making tangible progress over level grinding. Weapon upgrading can be very important. Praise the sun.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cowcaster posted:

I can parry like a god in dark souls 1 just don't ask me to do it in ds2 or bloodborne

DS2 parrying makes not a drat bit of sense, but it works fine in DeS, DS, and DS3. Bloodborne's system is slightly different and more bad-rear end. If you want to get good at parrying in BB just stack yourself with some HP regain and QS bullet regain for visceral attacks to encourage yourself to keep doing it. Eventually becomes second nature and it's pointless to not parry things since it's so much faster. (Though the game does openly punish you for doing it in Chalice Dungeons, which is kind of awesome.)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ImpAtom posted:

That's really disappointing. I'm not sure why they want to cut out everything distinctive about DR.

I think it's just a natural side effect of AAA development. Gotta promote people eventually, so you never know if the guys who end up at the top of these huge projects actually know anything about game design or if they basically just got the job because nobody else had been at the studio long enough.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello everybody, how is everyone doing on this friday of fridays?

I am good. Middle of a week and a half off work and I'm broke so I'm just stayin in and playin games. Gonna fire up my ancient Dark Souls character and finally run the DLC because a buddy yelled at me for never fighting Artorias. :toot:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah you should do that. I haven't played dark souls ever but I've heard that the dlc is the best part of it.

I was in NG++++ by the time it came out, so I felt like making a new character for it. But then I never get them late game enough to do the DLC, put it off longer, etc. No more, I says! After Bloodborne how hard can it really be a few cycles in?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Looper posted:

wait no you said artorias not old ivory king nvm

But I already beat Old Hunters??? :confused:

E: wow the Xbox 360 chain update process really sucks

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 18, 2016

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Dear Xbox 360: why the gently caress is it taking you an hour to update???

Is it installing more dashboard ads or something?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hooray, I beat the Artorias of the Abyss DLC for Dark Souls, like four years after completing the base game! :toot:

Arty was fun but I think a bit overhyped. The Orphan from the Bloodborne DLC was better, though I can definitely see a resemblance between the two now that I've fought both. Manus on NG++++ has too much drat HP though so I just cheesed that fight with arrows from outside the boss gate after a few tries. :sweatdrop:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CJacobs posted:

My advice would be go in with your expectations low because Mass Effect 1 kinda sucks aside from a) remembering the things you've done in the game world and b) the dialogue you choose having actual effects on the conversations you're having. 2 is where the series found its groove.

It also has a really awesome soundtrack. Still the only ME I ever played, though I've been meaning to get back to it. The whole trilogy was in a PSN flash sale a while back for something like $5, so even if I'm not super into them that's still worth playing.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bicyclops posted:

The good news about the Skylanders collapse is that it finally frees up Fred Ford to do something fun, maybe, and if we're lucky, he'll work with Paul Reiche.

I like that this market's collapsing just because it means I'm gonna be able to buy garbage bags of the suckers on the cheap and give 'em to my new niece in a few years.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lizard Wizard posted:

Same here, I think. MM3 is the first game I vividly remember experiencing for thr first time.

Hell yeah Mega Man 3 bros. Though I'm pretty sure the first one I got was Shadow Man.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
There better be a new Weaponlord getting made somewhere...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Fernandez is real and he is my friend.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Phantasium posted:

I mean it was still sanctioned by Sega they just didn't make it themselves.

But if you need a bootleg console you need the penguin.

This is beautiful. The controllers don't even match!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Real hurthling! posted:

learned some funny stuff today about NES metal gear. the password system was basically coding the game to show certain items and give the player progress so its all random, but apparently lots of codes with the words gently caress, poo poo, and motherfucker in them were valid and it led to the removal of vowels in code systems going forward.

even metroid has some valid codes like Motherbrain loving toast and Engage ridley motherfucker that work and gently caress up the game in various ways.

guru larry videos are very informational

If someone is actually claiming that the password "FUCKM E1111 11111 11111" dropping you at the second to last room with no equipment was unintentional somehow, they're a dirty liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FanaticalMilk posted:

You're probably remembering Freedom Cry which was an expansion for Assassin's Creed III that was also available as a standalone product.

I still think it was really weird that they did this, though I guess not entirely unwelcome. AC4 now has two spots in my download list now since the standalone was on sale and the DLC wasn't. :saddowns:

• Locked thread