Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

That's really fuckin' dumb.

I pulled a muscle in my arm, luckily it only hurts when I move my upper arm so the only thing I can't play is Wii games.

Hopefully the bottle of Vicodin I just got is enough to get me through the last part of Chapter 2 in DQ Builders. It's not so much that I hate the Chapter itself anymore, as I seem to be past the most annoying part (aside from the boss fight which I watched my wife do and yes I know it's gonna be annoying) but the bigger issue is that I have hosed up my town SO HARD and I don't want to tear it down and start over. But man it is an ugly mess of stairs and gardens on top of buildings and unnecessary towers and holy poo poo it's terrible. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the vanishing of ethan carter is on sale on both Steam and PS4 (it's only $6 if you have PS+) I highly recommend it for spookytimes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wanna be an XCOM, wouldn't it be funny to make a sniper with horrible accuracy :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm confused, did I die?

Hell is other posters

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
not gonna lie, I'm probably gonna impulse-buy Titanfall 2 next week, it seems like the perfect game to have fun with for a few weeks and then never think about again

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Deadly Tower of Monsters is actually pretty fun but, yeah

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Desktop Dungeons was made in Unity and it's pretty cool

Guild of Dungeoneering too

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

devtesla posted:

I didn't expect the goofy graph that called pokemon gay would generate discussion over its accuracy

you must be new here, welcome

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Last Guardian has been delayed so much I've literally stopped caring about it. I hope it's good though, I recently replayed ICO on PS3 and forgot how fantastic the puzzle design was. I'm one of the guys who think ICO is better than SotC so I'm liking that tLG looks more like the former.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

Also this South Korea conspiracy kind of sets a new bar for what might be a believable conspiracy theory.

I feel like what's happened in South Korea is the same thing that happens everywhere. Nancy Reagan had a personal astrologist, after all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

Yeah, I played it before on ps3. This time I 100%ed every area before finishing the story.

Most of the collectibles are not interesting. The GPS caches shouldn't even be in the game.

At least the GPS Caches would show up eventually on the map if you found a map or take the "show all collectibles" perk.

In the sequel there's a perk that makes the Challenge items (burn X flags, break X pots, that kind of thing) visible with Survival Vision. Hunting down "that one pot I didn't break" was the worst poo poo in the first game, and it's great that they added in a way to take an easier way out with them. Same with how crafting in the sequel will often require Exotic Animal Parts, and one of the bonus outfits makes you sometimes get those from Normal Animals, greatly reducing what I assume was a headache if you played it on the Bone.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Blizzard is adding the entirety of Diablo 1 to Diablo 3 for free in the next patch.

I take back all the bad things I've said about them. This almost makes up for never getting a Warcraft 4.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The New Yorker is so poo poo. So poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

Are there any journalistic publications that aren't? Like, any at all? Have there ever been?

WIRED was good for many years, pretty much right up until around 2000 (which is some kind of irony...)

AdBusters was good... wait no, AdBusters has never been GOOD, but there was a time it was LESS BAD.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Skeezy posted:

I'm playing Stick of Truth for the first time and man that game has no right being this good.

Yeah it's like the best Paper Mario game since Paper Mario.

The sequel looks like it's gonna be the business, too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Finally beat chapter 2 in DQ Builders, thank christ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

you are in for a treat in 3. the only rough part is finding wood for your coffer but in the first portal you can bring saplings back to base that you farm from stumps.

Chapter 2 wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't built a base that was really hard to get around with. The boss fight was actually pretty easy with the Falcon Blade and the ring that increases Critical Hit rate, I only had to knock him down 3 times.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

Theres the Ninja bit of Live A Live I guess.

I just checked and they have never remade that game, what the hell S-E get it together

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

Who's your favorite Pokemon?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

I am getting Tyranny this week. I am looking forward to playing it.

Same.

I still haven't done all of The White March...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quest For Glory II posted:

this is like an action movie, maybe the next shelter game can be like this

:ohdear:

stay safe, lizard ghost.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh man, Chapter 3 of DQBuilders is such a breath of fresh air (literally!) after Chapter 2.

I keep wanting to start a Free Build game but it seems like I should probably unlock all the recipes first.

edit:

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Evening goons

Two friends of mine have gotten together and started up a series of videos discussing a particular level within a video game, and going into detail on what that level does for any given concept like atmosphere or pacing. Their first episode was on Gradius III and how it handles game design with pacing in mind. It's a pretty cool series and I'm plugging it here to try and help them make it big, so any cursory glances at all would be appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ggq9zLAYZ8

This is pretty cool :)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Golden Goat posted:

Did you see the character creation stuff? Like the whole decide what you did during these conquests look really, really cool.

Yeah they know their audience: people who will spend 2 hours making a party, do the intro quest, decide they want to start over, repeat.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
As far as I'm concerned it's worth buying a Switch just for Spla2n, everything else is just icing.

Also it looks really neat.

e: think I'm gonna finally start Wind Waker HD, it's been on the docket for months now

e2: I'm really tempted to get Titanfall 2 today though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hope this patch that's downloading for Skyrim fixes the "Vampires killing NPCs" bug. I can wait but my wife really wants to play it. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I had enough Gamespot Funbux to get Mafia 3 for $10.

I feel pretty confident about that, we'll see how it plays when it's done installing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well, if nothing else, so far the first hour of Mafia 3 is better at world and tone setting than any of the GTA games

Also seriously holy poo poo at the soundtrack and atmosphere driving around town

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I can't believe Game Theory

Me either. I mean, Luigi is Mario's son?!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I am going to play video games in bed with my wife and take drugs to avoid thinking about what is happening tonight in America

Be good everyone. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

I finished my Bloodborne stream and this is the news I come back to! I said it on twitter but I'll say it here too, I agree with FirstAidKite. Things may look dire, but we'll all be okay. It's a dark time, but I've seen darker. I've seen probably the darkest thing a person can experience*, and it's not fun. But it's worse than this, and I survived it. If I survived, you can too! We'll all survive it together.

*real personal stuff when I was 16 I tried to kill myself and I almost succeeded! My teenage years were very grim for my family life and I was bullied real bad in high school for being skinny and gay. I've come to terms with my decision now though, and I've mostly moved past it. I will never forget the pitch blackness I saw and felt, it's honestly probably the scariest thing I've ever experienced. So now, in the face of crazy batshit adversity like Trump, I say nuts to it. I'm not afraid.

My wife and I actually fell asleep to the soothing sounds of your stream. Thanks forums buddy. Today, we are all shitposters.

I'm going to play Mafia 3 and see if I can find some white supremacists to shotgun in the face.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Whoever is doing this playthrough of Earth has some real balls, everyone knows going Trump in 2016 makes the fight with the alien queen in 2027 much harder.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't read a lot of threads but this is by far the best one the past 24 hours. Thanks everyone. :)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The release date for Tyranny is a little unfortunate/prescient.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Anyone got Tyranny and running it on an older laptop? I kinda assume it will run okay on our 3-year-old laptop but I really don't want any more surprise bad news this week. I wish there was a demo, but at least Steam will refund it if it doesn't run =\

e: patch outta nowhere for This War of Mine with new characters and locations, also apparently Amazon Prime members now get free games every month and TWoM is this month's game

precision fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 11, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

My "free with prime" is just some Watch_Dogs 2 DLC code. lame.

You should have that and This War of Mine both, maybe it hasn't gone up yet

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just started Tyranny but man it seems like it's gonna be real fuckin good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Speaking of reloading save states, does anyone else do that in their dreams? Especially lucid dreams, if things start going sideways I'll just be like "nope gently caress this" and I go back.

imo dreams are the ultimate video games and if a company could make a pill or machine that let you lucid dream on demand and without waking up as soon as you become lucid then I would literally never play another video game and maybe never do anything else again in my entire life, ever, because it would be that amazing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just want to remind everyone that Mt. Dew flavored Doritos once existed, but no longer exist. RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Looper posted:

I thought it spent a little too much time in Candyland

:agreed:

Goddamn it now I gotta watch Wreck It Ralph again, instead of roleplaying an evil bureaucrat in Tyranny, which is also awesome

• Locked thread