Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

It's everyone's favorite time of year - the byob secret santa! This is kind of a big undertaking so i'm going to ask you guys to read all this carefully

Rules

(1) To participate you must have made at least 10 posts in byob in the last year.

(2) this year you may choose to receive steam game(s) or forum upgrades instead of actual snail mail packages. (you may also provide both snail mail address and steam information and let your santa pick)

(3) To sign up you must do 2 things.

- Send an email to FluffieDuckie@somethingawful.com with your user name and your mailing address and/or a link to your steam account. Also please include whether you are willing to ship domestically, ship internationally, and/or send a steam game or forum upgrade.

- Write a letter to santa in this thread Please cover things like allergies, t-shirt size, willingness to accept things that are nsfw or drug related, and likes and dislikes. if you're accepting steam gifts include what games you'd like. Santa needs some guidance and i need to be sure that the random email i received requesting a gift was really from you.

(4) Minimum gift amount is $15. Remember that shipping, especially international shipping, can be very expensive. If you can't afford shipping on top of the gift amount then choose to send a steam game or forum upgrade instead

(5) You must post in this thread when you receive your gift Santa wants to know that you received your gift, and i need to be sure your santa isn't a deadbeat

(6) Deadbeats: If after signing up you do not send a gift by the deadline you will be banned. No exceptions. If you have plat and an av, your ban will cost you more than sending the drat gift. So seriously, if you're not going to send something don't sign up. Don't ruin christmas dammit :sassargh:

-----------------------------

Deadlines:

November 12: Deadline to send me your address and write your letter to santa

November 14: I will email you your santee's info

December 5: International shipping deadline (and things may still get delayed because customs sucks but we will have tried)

December 10: Drop dead deadline to ship your gift or send your steam game or forum upgrade. (keep your mailing receipt in case something is lost or delayed so you can avoid being declared a deadbeat).

-----------------------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

comgratulations to "i was the fury" for sending in the first properly formatted email!

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

death sext

Dear Santa,

Hi Santa. How are you? I am fine.

I have more steam games than I can keep up with, and I don't need any forum upgrades, so it's snail mail for me. I like cats, I like ghosts and skeletons, earrings, weird snacks, handmade art/crafts, shirts, aliens, opossums, and socks. But that's just for guidance and inspiration; if my secret santer finds something neat they'd really like to share that isn't on that list, I would be thrilled to get it.

I am not allergic to anything and my shirt size is medium (altho I'd happily accept larger sizes too because those are comfy to chill in). I am cool with nsfw and drug related stuff as long as they can't be seen by my neighbors, who would definitely get mad if I had a box covered in weed penises by my door.

Love,
death sext

P.S. Get me cooler neighbors

MrWillsauce

dear satan,

I am a single white male who likes long walks on the beach and I am 420 friendly, so get at me if you wanna chill and I can stroke your sexy white beard. For my christmas tithe I demand something physical that isn't computer games or platinum upgrades or whatever. If I had platinum I would be swamped with DMs from pretty ladies who wanted to get up on me, and that's just a hassle I don't need in my life. And computer games are for nerds. So yeah, send me stuff that I can enjoy with at least three and at most five of my senses. Send it to my house please. I wear t-shirts that are mens smalls, not because I'm small or anything, but because it shows off how big I am by contrast. I am down with drugs and alcohol and murder. send me cough syrup or hemp seeds or whatever and that'd be cool and I won't even tell on you. Just don't let my mom find out. Don't worry about my allergies; I will eat or drink whatever comestibles you send me regardless of how allergic I am, to show my undying gratitude and dedication to the season of giving. Also december 25 is legit my birthday, so I think I deserve like double the gifts at least. Consider that a personal challenge, satna.

things I like:
-stupid poo poo that's funny and stupid
-christmas
-I trust you.

things I dislike:

love,
mrwillsauce

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

My dearest Santa,
I hope this letter finds you well. It has been a long while since I have heard from you, and nearly as long since I've made myself heard to you. I wrote again today in order to make a request.
I would like a gift for Christmas this year.

In case you haven't been keeping tabs on me while I'm awake, like you once promised you would, I feel I should let you know a few things. I have no allergies, my t-shirt size is an adult men's large, and I spend most of my free time smoking weed, so drug paraphernalia and nsfw gifts are welcome.

I enjoy reading fantasy and science fiction novels/audiobooks, I like board games, I spend a lot of time smoking weed, and I like snacks, though I'm not a huge fan of candy/sweets. I also enjoy playing video games, although there aren't any recent titles that have grabbed my attention. I usually just impulse-buy whatever sounds fun at the time.

In addition, I like to interact with my dog, but havent found a toy that interests him more than potential ear scratches and back slaps, so getting him to play with any toys is a challenge.

If you have any further questions or would like for me to go into deeper detail, please let me know.
Thank you,
I Was the Fury

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
My dearest Santa,
If you read the letter, please don't check if I amon the naughty list, if you do - please forgive me for any transgression that may or may not be there. It wasn't my fault, I swear!
I've sent you letters time and again and I've never recieved any response from you, I am abit dissapointed, but I am also alot more chill now than before so I thought I'd try again.
Im writing to you this year again to see if you'd like to give me a gift? Begging really isn't my style, but I promise that if I get a gift, I will also gift someone else something awesome, 100%!

I am very blessed with a lot of things, I got everything that I want, kid, wife, dog, audio things.. I usualy buy what I want when I want it.. This makes giving me gifts extremely hard.. I do appriciate cool stuff like drawings and art though, or maybe some weird shirt or things like that! Im abit muscular after lifting in the BYOB resolutions thread, so I would need a large shirt if so!

Greetings from
Uxzuigal, crispy burnt ex-Idiot King!

<3 <3 Vanisher

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

dear santa,

thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read my letter. i know you have many applicants to choose from, so i will attempt to keep it as brief and stupid as possible.

i'm supposed to cover things like allergies, t-shirt and size, so i put a jacket on and zipped it up and pulled the hood over my face. i hope i am typing ok, if not, please know i tried to follow directions ok.

my food allergy is quinoa so don't try to make it healthy or anything. my t-shirt size is variable so we'll call it XL. drugs are good and not bad so i will take things that are nsfw or drug-related as long as you don't draw a bunch of dongs on the box and write THIS IS FULL OF WEED AND MDMA MR POSTMAN on the box, or anything. that's okay.

likes: i like dogs and other animals a lot, and trained my dog to be a therapy dog. dog clothes that are funny and toys that are made for being chewed to death like a kong are always welcome. i knit, crochet, sew and weave on my giant floor looms a lot; i spin yarn as a full-time job. i like games like goat simulator, catlateral damage, etc., because it's fun to gently caress around more than it is to actually achieve things when you're high, mostly. oh! and books. i will read a cereal box if you carefully disassemble it and send it to me, but a book that is a memoir or something like The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks is a sure bet every time.

dislikes: racism, poop, gonorrhea, the tab that is on the top of the can of olives that always breaks off when you're trying to open it, and polarfleece.

basically, santa, you could go to dollar tree and fill a box with old poo poo from their backstock and i'd be happy. i really hope you're having a good day, and thank you for considering me for the position of worst poster of byob.

respectfully yours,

hamjobs

p.s. poop is gross but poop emoji things are ok.

big black turnout

Hail Santa,

i think you're supposed to be like jesus or karl marx or something and be all knowing or whatever but in case you've spent the last year in an egg nog induced haze here are some things you might like to know.

forums upgrades: i think i have everything i want or need so i probably don't need any of those

steam things: im often behind on games and only buy a couple a year. i like strategy games and probably anything paradox has ever put out. anything i don't already have would be keen

physical things: gosh this is the hard one um i like just about anything i guess. nsfw is ok but drug things are not bc we're trying to adopt and i don't want to explain to anybody why i have a 20' x 10' banner that says I love to do weeds. my shirt size is a medium unless they run small in which case a large and i have no allergies. oh i also do not eat meat so don't send beef jerky or anything or ill just feed it to my dog... unless you want to send beef jerky for my dog i guess. i like to cook and also like anything related to film cameras or long boarding. hand made things or art or things like that are also rad. ummmm... honestly if you want to put penises all over the box or whatever that is fine because no one will see it on my porch anyway.

anyway i think that about covers the bases and i hope this letter finds you well or whatever unless that's not your thing.

thanks ok bye
big black turnout

City of Glompton

Dearest Santa,

Hello Santa, I hope you are doing well. I've been mostly good this year, and I think you'll agree I don't deserve to be rewarded but you'll do it anyway because you're cool.

I don't need any forums upgrades or Steam games, but I love stocking-stuffer type gifts. I don't have any allergies so you can send whatever food you'd like; I like candy/gum and snacks of course though I try not to eat much sugar. I think drugs are cool but I can't do them because of work, so drug references are ok but accessories are useless. I like glitter, shiny things, chickens, Minecraft, makeup, R2D2, and knickknacks/trinkets. I love handmade stuff too. Also I'm no snob about price so no worries about being a cheapo (I'm a cheapo). If you think it's cool, you're probably right, I'll love it, especially because it was thoughtfully given by you, Santa. I'm sure with that range of things to chose from and your excellent Santa instincts, you'll find a great gift.

Merry Christmas in advance,

Your Santee

e: for reference, here is some stuff that resides on my desk:

City of Glompton fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 1, 2016

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

social vegan

Ahoy Santa Claus,

I'm social vegan. You might remember me from last year as the only grown man you sent the light up soap shoes to. Y'know Santa Claus, all the kooks in the office said I couldn't get flyer, but then they peep my grind game I'm talking 50/50 I'm talking boardslide, I'm talk benihanas off the water cooler and now I'm king of work.

Now I love stuff. You know it. I know it. But because of my recent promotion I am now king of Canada and, as such, all physical packages are checked for cool things before they reach my desk. They take the cool things and tell me I can have them back when I'm done rulin. Turns out Canada's full of some real nerds, Santa Claus. Accordingly, this year I humbly ask for an account upgrade or a cool video game to play instead of running a country. If I had to choose, I'd put PMs on the top of my list. There are so many PMs I think to send but don't have the means. Do you have any idea how many free trade agreements Canada could have had with IKs by now? You probably don't, Santa Claus, but there were a lot.

Video games I've been eyeing up are quadrilateral cowboy, the beginner's guide, pony island, and the new hitman. I sure would PM hitman a lot if I knew him irl. What do you think his lips feel like, Santa Claus?

I guess I'm rambling now, I've been writing you this whole message while doing a shoe nosegrind on Deborah's desk. Deborah's a fox, You know it. I know it. I wish Deborah knew it, but she's in charge of the snow and is always frownin' around. Chin up, Deborah. I wish she was reading this. Just this part though, I don't trust Deborah's eyes and I think she's been harvesting canada's secrets to sell to Japan.

Anyway, love you Santa Claus,

xoxox Santa Claus,

S.V.

Manifisto

I will be providing my note to santa soon but I had an idea and I'm wondering whether anyone can comment on it

It seems that internationally speaking the two big issues are customs and shipping costs

Would it be possible to use a big etailer, I'm thinking Amazon specifically, to address that problem?

Like, if my santee was in the UK, could I buy their presents from Amazon UK and have them shipped for "local" instead of international prices, and not have to worry about customs?

Obviously this won't work for handcrafted stuff etc, but maybe it's a good way to gift certain types of things???

ty nesamdoom!

FluffieDuckie

Manifisto posted:

I will be providing my note to santa soon but I had an idea and I'm wondering whether anyone can comment on it

It seems that internationally speaking the two big issues are customs and shipping costs

Would it be possible to use a big etailer, I'm thinking Amazon specifically, to address that problem?

Like, if my santee was in the UK, could I buy their presents from Amazon UK and have them shipped for "local" instead of international prices, and not have to worry about customs?

Obviously this won't work for handcrafted stuff etc, but maybe it's a good way to gift certain types of things???

yes. drop shipping from a retailer in the person's home country is an excellent solution

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

Santa,

I know I haven't been the best at Christmas. I frowned and grumped when my ex-wife wanted to make a whole day out of tree trimming. I routinely hide in my office between stockings and Christmas dinner. I secretly hope for blinding snowstorms on the day of, and wish that I could just get people gifts through the year as I thought of them instead of all at once in an impostor-syndrome-inducing two days of crisis. My daughter once said that I was like the Grinch, without irony. (She was, gloriously, still too young for irony.)

But I'm trying to get better. Christmas makes a lot of people happy, and I like to make people happy. And if being a white man living in California for almost 5 years taught me anything, it's that "I think I'm a good person" means I deserve a lot of poo poo to be given to me.

What are some things that I would like to have given to me? I'm glad you asked.

I like small things, that I can stick on a shelf after I've played with them (or before, if playing would be inappropriate or anatomically unwise) to notice occasionally in reminiscence. My daughter really likes craft stuff, and mechanical (wrench/screw/hammer) stuff, and I like doing things with her, so that would be superb. In fact, it doesn't have to be a thing at all: a donation to a worthy charity and a little note about why that charity matters to you, Santa, would be wonderful. I know that my daughter (she's 9, her name is Claire) will want to open the package with me, so nothing too gross. She has a good sense of the birds and bees, but I would rather not explain why daddy laughed and said "no ring, 5/10".

If you wanted to, Santa, you could instead send a gift for my daughter, who would be over the moon to receive a package from a far-away person. She likes crafts and building things, sweets (but not coconut please), and reading somewhat above her grade level (she gets it from her mom).

Oh, and Santa? I hope you're having a great season because you deserve it. :glomp:

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Sup santa, it's your boi nooner.

I know that ive been a troublemaker this past year but I think you shouldnt put me on the naughty list because the world needs chaotic neutral posters such as myself to make the good posters truly shine!

Forums upgrades are always good, I really miss having plat, although re-regs are also good. Maybe you could even hook it up and get me a whole new account for secret posting when I am in kitty jail.

I am a size "medium" shirt and will rock a cool brotank year round. My hobbies include golf, video games, and posting online with friends. Please don't send me drug related things unless its liquor which I will drink but I dont think you can mail? I guess anything NSFW is cool but dont be like mailign me a used condom or something gross Santa what the heck is wrong with you? Anything creative or funny that you might come up with is great too!

Merry Christmas Santa!

Nooner fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 2, 2016

vanisher

Dear Santa-

Sup?

It's your homeboy V to the isher requesting a super rad gift. I'm easy (lol not in bed!) so get me whatever you want. It will be funnier if you get me something physical that I can open and document. Please don't poison my family or dog with tainted goods. My household is not 420 accepting so giant BYOB dong bongs should be safely stored by Santa till next year. The following items may be acceptable if you are having creativity issues:

- A hand made scarf
- Pictures of random kittens
- A pretty rock
- A friendship wristband where you keep the other one and we can be best friends forever in distant lands
- Creatively written poetry or scarf jokes
- Other things of sentimental value

I'm a Men's medium if that's helpful, please try and have natural weaves with cruelty free cotton.

Your pal,

Vanisher

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

ass
Merry christmas, potential santa!

I'm rear end, and I like to have fun on computers connected to the internet. I hope you have had a fun year filled with wacky internet adventures.

By all means, feel free to send me whatever you think is cool. You can draw on a napkin from a takeaway and I'll probably think it's cool. I have no known allergies, I wear small, nsfw stuff are fine. No drug stuff please because we both will probably get in trouble for it. Alcohol-related stuff are okay.

Love and kisses,

rear end, well-behaved kid

P.S. sorry this post is humorless, I could not think of anything funny to say here
P.P.S. I don't want any steam gifts, but if international shipping proves to be costly and you wanna cut costs then I can understand :)

ass fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 2, 2016

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

dear santa/krampus,

I am so excited/terrified by the thought of your visit this year! I promise I have been good, oh god please don't hurt me. I have barely abused my power as idiot king of byob, hopefully that deserves a nice reward or at least a pass from getting tossed into your basket to be drowned/eaten/transported to hell.

I'm not really looking for steam games/forum upgrades, but other than that I'm happy with all sorts of stuff . . . handcrafted / bizarre / silly / funny are all good, nsfw is fine, drug-related is fine (but please no actual drugs or drug ingestion devices), booze/beer is fine if you feel like shipping that, food of the sweet or savory variety is welcome (chocolate especially so). I like psychedelic colors, mandalas, parrots and other funny animals, blown glass (e.g. fancy paperweights), artsy books and magazines, coffee and coffee-adjacent items, puzzles, knitted sea creatures, travel-related things, and probably whatever you like. Uh, no allergies, I wear a men's M.

in conclusion, the thought of your twinkling eyes and jolly mouth/goat horns and pointed tongue will delight/haunt my dreams this holiday season! please come soon/leave me alone!

xoxo/AAAAAAA,

-manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
dear SANTa

please forgive me

This year i've paid several ultimate prices and i think i've been as good as either of us can expect.

i'm afraid of video games and i have everything a goon could ask for forums-wise so please let me tear open a box like when i was young (lol gross).

as you well know i believe in magick and perform hindu pujas every morning, specifically for Lord ganesh. this doesn't interfere with celebrating your birthday, santa. i'm still an atheist and don't believe in souls, but ghosts are cool and i want them to be real. i assume you're a ghost, Mr Claus, and i hope you have some good tips or tricks for communicating with the dead/undead and learning their secrets/the future.

Still pretty into draculas and woofmen

i have an unhealthy love/hate of pugs, as in i love pugs and hate not being surrounded by them at all times like an atreides.

i quit smoking pot and drinking beer because dr. Singh told me they would interfere with my treatments and my headmeats would remain forever busted. I've been following his edict and i think that counts as "good boy" behavior. So stop sending me extendable roach clips and doctor who beer cozies

I do, however, still like things that are gross and weird and otherwise unsafe for "work". not isis video gross, i mean, like playful gross. don't be rude, santa. and remember, my neighbors are still The Good Reverend Doctor Jimmy Ray Youngblood the Third and his wife Tamela and they call me a satan if they see any of "that queer harry potter bestiality poo poo" so discreetness w/r/t wrapping paper please (queer harry potter bestiality poo poo inside a plain box is, obviously, fine as usual)

Star trek is still where i learn right from wrong so if you want me to be more of a good boy next year, keep that in mind

i'm still getting the shock treatments once a month so a nice powerfully magickal walking staff for my woozy spells would be cool. I'd like it if you felled a north pole tree and carved it by hand with a reindeer tusk instead of delegating the task to some lovely elf. they've never even seen Lord of the rings, I've asked them. i also need a super long tom baker scarf for this winter, as it gets cold in the city when no one loves you.

these are terrible present requests that you'll probably and rightfully ignore but hopefully they help you to understand the broken gassy fever dream of a manboy i have become in your long absence.

Don't break my heart again, santa

Yours in life and death,
Sincerely,
Your pal,

Gatekeeper

Edit: it's gonna be so much fun stalking my victim throughout the forums to learn their habits :3: i can't wait to be a daniel day Lewis and method actor them for a week until i'm firmly inside of their brains, able to seek out their hearts desire and send them a magick of christmas all wrapped up with love. i haven't done a secret Santa in so many years, this is cool :D

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 4, 2016

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Dear Santa,

I have been a good little Quidthlhu this year, I hope I get some nice gifts!

I like all the following things:

-Board games
-Card like board games
-Comic books
-Manga
-Steam games
-Vinyl (especially obscure jazz not available on CD or digital)
-Books
-Anything artistic~

If you stalk me you can see all the nerdy threads I post in

I also have BoardgameGeek, Discogs, and Steam lists you can look at to see what I have. Have elves come talk to me.

I like to give gifts too :3 Happy holidays~~

femcastra

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Dear Santa,

I'm a new yobber; I made the shift over when GBS went down, and far prefer the scenery. This will be my first BYOB Secret Santa, but I did it in GBS three times, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've got a steam account, but I don't use it often, so I'm opting for the snail mail option. I am not allergic to anything, but I'm not a big fan of chocolate, so don't send that unless it's the best chocolate you've ever eaten. I really like nougat.

Other things to be aware of are that I am in Australia, and quarantine is really strict over here, so don't send any plant or animal products as they'll probably be seized. If they're sealed direct from the shop, it's probably okay!

I usually wear a woman's small or medium in t-shirts. I like clothes by Lazy Oaf and I like the stuff that's on the Toothpaste for Dinner site, but I never get around to buying it, so that could be a place to look if you're stuck. I like art stuff, but not fine art really, I like lowbrow stuff, and pop culture-influenced stuff.

I'm an English teacher, and I like reading, but I haven't read anything new for a while, so if you've got some good ideas of books that I might like, great. I like Annie Proulx and Richard Flanagan, but I should probably get around to reading some other things. I do a lot of craft, mostly crochet, and I always appreciate home-made stuff, so if that's your thing, awesome. If not, that's cool too. I'm not afraid of nsfw stuff, but drugs will be out, because of the customs and quarantine thing.

I hope that's enough to make a start with. I really enjoy exchanging gifts with people I don't know or only know tangentially; there's a lot more excitement this way!

Thanks Santa!!!

shabbat goy

Hi Santa,

I have been OK this year. I have not been posting much because I have been busy at work, but I would like to spread some holiday cheer.

I like odd food items, especially if they're very spicy. I drink a lot of coffee, especially at work, so cool or funny mugs are good. Preferably work-safe ones. My car's CD player is iffy, but the cassette deck works great, so some deep cuts or even a personal mixtape would be great. I wear a men's size medium shirt, and I really like shirts with dumb bootleg stuff or foreign writing on them. I'm not really into drugs and NSFW stuff, so avoid those please. Books are good - I generally avoid genre fiction and I am fond of books where people get drunk or are full of ennui (like me) ( a la Erofeev's Moscow to the End of the Line ) I have a Steam account, but I only play games that can be played in short-ish bursts as I am bad at video games. Don't buy me forums upgrades as I've already spent enough money on this dumb forum. I am not picky and just happy to be a part of the holiday, so send me whatever! I'm not allergic to anything.

I have a cat, but she has not been good. She is a butthead, but we still love her. She doesn't really like toys except for her favorite green pipe cleaner, but she does love when strangers bring her catnip.

I do not want for much and I trust your judgment may you deviate from this letter.

Sincerely,

ya boi shabbat goy

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
I'm gonna unsticky this thread for today only just so there's not so many stickies at the top, today.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Hi Santa

I've mysteriously disappeared from BYOB recently, but now I'm back. I was kidnapped by the CIA and held in a very unchill Nigerian prison. I don't have allergies, and I'm opting for the irl snail mail version.

Things I like:
-home made cookies/candy/alcohol
-puzzles like rubik's cube
-ironic tshirts
-socks, socks,socks
-Cool things from your area/country

Thanks

Super Mario Batali

alnilam

Dear $anta ¢lau$,

Haha that's just a lil joke, I'm not one of "those" people... I don't mind that you've gotten big and gone commercial. I'm even happy for you and your success, this whole "Christmas" thing is really taking off. Keep it up!

As you know, I haven't been playing many vidya games in quite some time now, I still enjoy a good gaming sesh now and then but I just really don't get much time for it anymore. Maybe it's because I got MARRIED!! and so now I spend my evenings hanging out with the ol ball and chain heh heh. Oh yeah I got the congratulations card, thanks :) Oh and did you see I got chickens this year too? I don't know if chickens know about Christmas but I'm hoping to get them into it before they get too
old, ya know? They're real cute, they bok and scratch and peck and follow me around the yard.

What else do I like, umm i like music (prog/psych, minimalist/drone/ambient/post-rock, alternative, classical to name a few... + I love David Bowie and miss him every day :rip: hope he's chilling with you in heaven if that's where you live??). I like gardening and hiking and doing things outside. I like plants and trees and generally i like decor/things that as closely as possible evokes images of an actual irl tree or plant, like for example literally a piece of a tree like some driftwood. I bicycle a lot, mostly to get to and from work but also for fun sometimes. I also enjoy books - interesting fic like Vonnegut or Borges, fun fic like fantasy/scifi stuff but mainly only the heady stuff, interesting non-fic, interesting graphic novels are cool but I'm not v into serial comics. ANd finally, it's the thought that counts and I enjoy funny, quirky, possibly handmade or local to your area gifts! but in general I'm already trying to reduce my amount-of-stuff so nic-nacks are slightly discouraged unless they're super cool. I like coffee and a goofy work safe mug could be fun!

Other important facts you might not remember: my t-shirt size is small or medium depending on the brand, I have no allergies, and I'm over 21 :beerpal: and i don't often hit the ol 420 tbh

that's all gotta go seeyaaaa!

Love,
Alnilam

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
dear santa,

i dont believe in you but i dont believe in a lot of things, like i dont believe donold trumps hair for a minute!

xmas really really sux because i have to be with my family, amd i can mostly deal with them 1-on-1 but as a crew they scare the poo poo out of me. i really want to move to somewhere they dont do xmas but it seems so contagious

yob xmas is supercool and fun and it makes all the songs and poo poo not seem so bad. ii dont even feel like a scrooge or an rear end in a top hat! i wish every holiday was a byob holiday!

my forums acct is running smoothly and needs no upgrades, and ive never had a steam acct and wouldnt rightly know what to do with one (carts all the way!), but i fit into a large teeshirt and like stickers and sticky icky and all manner of bizarre literary and musical oddities

i hope you and mrs claus are o k and the elvis havent left the building,

peace dude!

Manifisto

Dear Santa,

Bump

Yrs Truly,

-Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

BIRDCON 2017

dear santa,
i know you asked me to stop sending these every month but i must insist that you return to my chimney once more with gifts.

i'm an easy enough guy to shop for nick. i'm not allergic to anything, will happily take any steam games or drug/nsfw stuff, not to mention my body fits in a men's medium t-shirt like nobody's business. i'll even provide a short list of likes and dislikes as well in case you need some guidance:

-neat trinkets
-ugly rear end clothing
-useless garbage

DISLIKES (I SWEAR TO GOD SANTA IF YOU SEND ME ONE OF THESE):
-harry potter books (movies OK)
-warhammer 40k figurines
-star trek beyond on blu-ray

hope this is helpful to you and thanks in advance! also happy thanksgiving!

your friend,
birdcon

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
dear santa,

i am coalescing into a ball of chill which will one day rival your best snowballs. but until that day arrives, i love presents. maybe no drug paraphernalia this year, but nsfw is okay, and i'm over 21. i don't have any relevant allergies, but please hold off on dead bugs. the cats eat them and then hork them back up, and while that means double the gifts, it's a little unpleasant to step on in the dark.

i keep cats and bees. i hope to one day combine these creatures into a catbee. perhaps you will have suggestions for this? donations to animal welfare related charities are a-okay in my book too. i write fiction for a living, so things related to writing are also neat! i'm good with forums upgrades, and i'm a videogames nerd, so steam works well for me. i like dumb stuff, handmade stuff, hot beverage stuff, t-shirts (medium ladies or up!), stuff on brewing and fermentation, genre fiction, nonfiction, weird tunes, whatever works! i trust your judgment. mostly.

thank you for not cramming your entire body into my chimney this year!

gratefully,
POOL IS CLOSED

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

FluffieDuckie

Dear Santa,

I'm sorry this letter is a little late, but I've been so busy keeping up with everyone signing up this year i forgot about myself :negative:

I have simple needs and am mostly excited about just having packages to open at Christmas. My family will likely be present so please nothing nsfw or drug related.

I love handmade things (like seriously draw me a picture and i'll be over the moon) or small things local to your community. I also like little games or puzzles and if you get me a t-shirt make it a large so i can wear it to the gym. I also love donations to good causes in my name except that one that gives cows to villages so they can slaughter them. that one just makes me cry.

Food and drinks are probably right out because my body hates me so i can't have most foods and any fun drinks. Sorry I know that makes things more difficult.

I also have 2 small dogs who would go freaking nuts to receive a gift

Steam games will go unplayed and i think i have all the forums upgrades ever invented.

Sorry santa i'll be more timely next year.

Love,

FluffieDuckie

FluffieDuckie

congratulations guys! every single person who signed up did it correctly.

i've assigned santas already but i'm going to take a break to run some errands. then i'll do some quadruple checking before i start sending out emails with your santees info.

those emails will go to the email address you sent to me at fluffieduckie@somethingawful.com so keep an eye on those for the rest of the day

alnilam

:suspense:

FluffieDuckie

boy howdy i hope i don't screw this up

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

same

FluffieDuckie

ok so if you get an email from me and i assigned you your own address or you said no international and i sent you an international or whatever start jumpping up and down screaming wait wait duckie you're screwing it up

FluffieDuckie

ok i sent one :ohdear:

FluffieDuckie

also if your username is bubbajoe and i say "hello janedoe your santee is..." well that's a screw up too fyi

Senior Management

Dear Santa;

Sorry I forgot. Happy holidays though everyone.

:jerry:

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

mine was just right, duckie. a plus.

FluffieDuckie

oh god i almost just put a wrong address on one of them

i think i'm going to hyperventilate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

A lesser moderator would succumb to the temptation to have all the gifts sent to them. But our mod is cool and good.

:jerry:

• Locked thread