Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
femcastra

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Dear Santa,

I'm a new yobber; I made the shift over when GBS went down, and far prefer the scenery. This will be my first BYOB Secret Santa, but I did it in GBS three times, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've got a steam account, but I don't use it often, so I'm opting for the snail mail option. I am not allergic to anything, but I'm not a big fan of chocolate, so don't send that unless it's the best chocolate you've ever eaten. I really like nougat.

Other things to be aware of are that I am in Australia, and quarantine is really strict over here, so don't send any plant or animal products as they'll probably be seized. If they're sealed direct from the shop, it's probably okay!

I usually wear a woman's small or medium in t-shirts. I like clothes by Lazy Oaf and I like the stuff that's on the Toothpaste for Dinner site, but I never get around to buying it, so that could be a place to look if you're stuck. I like art stuff, but not fine art really, I like lowbrow stuff, and pop culture-influenced stuff.

I'm an English teacher, and I like reading, but I haven't read anything new for a while, so if you've got some good ideas of books that I might like, great. I like Annie Proulx and Richard Flanagan, but I should probably get around to reading some other things. I do a lot of craft, mostly crochet, and I always appreciate home-made stuff, so if that's your thing, awesome. If not, that's cool too. I'm not afraid of nsfw stuff, but drugs will be out, because of the customs and quarantine thing.

I hope that's enough to make a start with. I really enjoy exchanging gifts with people I don't know or only know tangentially; there's a lot more excitement this way!

Thanks Santa!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

femcastra

If you want him,
come and knit him!
OMG Santa came!!!

I put on a cheesy grin because I love my BOYB shirt so much. Thank you Santa!

Now I need to hurry up and sew my gift together to post off.

femcastra

If you want him,
come and knit him!

rear end posted:

santa cometh

I'll read the booklets soon. The one with the cartoon girl is gonna be thrilling.

Good god, the gift message.

There's even more writing on the back of the paper, lol. A thrilling story involving pinball machines.

That's a fantastic gift, santa. Australian tat is always welcome. Thank you!

Yay! Glad it all got there safely. Hope you enjoy the slice of Australiana.

• Locked thread