Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Billy Corgan vs. TNA.

Just what the gently caress.

I fuckin' love pro wrasslin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will admit to loving Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

It's me, I'm the one still listening to early/mid 90s grunge and alternative.

:smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:unsmith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

END ME SCOOB posted:

No shame in that unless it's just like... old Smashing Pumpkins over and over. A lot of those dudes haven't alienated everyone in the business and still make good music. Garbage just put out an album and it's quite nice.

Except the ones the 90s heroin/suicide plague took.

Layne :smithicide:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mindofme posted:

I could see Vince buying Corgan's stake just because it might get him that coveted Main Stream Media attention.

it would never happen, and its dumb as hell - but I can imagine a situation where it might occur.

It would be pennies for Vinnie Mac, and it would be worth the lulz.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rick posted:

At some point during this though Bryan said he might write a TNA book after all though because they had a big subscribe surge during the drama. Hell, I resubbed during it.

Didn't the new edition of Death of WCW do better than expected, too?

Also has a kid now, so might as well get that money.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Edge & Christian posted:

He should write The Rise and Presumable Continued Rise of Urban Wrestling Federation if he is truly all about that paper.

"Bryan, we have to get that motherfuckin' money." - Whitney.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skaboomizzy posted:

I feel like I say this every month, but it's worth listening to the Stone Cold podcast with Dixie to understand just how clueless she is about everything. He shows remarkable restraint.

The best part is the several times Stone Cold is just stunned into silence.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Austin really is amazing sometimes.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And getting buried by Big Sexy.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Hulkster dropping the legdrop of doom on Gawker still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has any wrestling company did less with more than TNA? WCW died, of course, but gently caress, at least they kicked off the wrestling boom.

ECW at least had good shows for a while.

Yet TNA has the reverse Midas touch, everything they touch turn to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

It was like SpikeTV ran on exactly 1 million televisions that never turned off. Never more or less. it was surreal.

Then they finally managed to run the die hards off.

• Locked thread