Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you one of us??
Yes, I am an ACHOO Victim
No, but I am an ACHOO Ally
No, and I'm in favor of suppressing sneezers.
I have never heard of ACHOO before
Go-CHOO
View Results

• Locked thread
Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Sneezing is really pleasant and fun ! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
Been doing this since as far back as elementary school, walking outside and seeing the sun and sneezing multiple times. Could do it by looking at a lamp as well when I was little.

basic hitler posted:

Yeah I have this. Not kidding, I've wanted to be a pilot most of my young life. My eyes are hosed, but surgery can fix that. Surgery can't fix uncontrollable sneezing when initially exposed to bright light. Mind, it doesn't last. I see the sun, or something bright, I sneeze once or twice, and it's over, but this apparently means I can never be a pilot. Isn't that cool? This weird thing where bright light just makes me lose my poo poo and blow snot everywhere, disqualifies me from like, the one job i ever wanted.

I can recall a couple hairy spots over the years of driving in fast, heavy traffic on a really sunny day and, whoops sun in my eyes, enjoy chain sneezing 5-6 times. Can't keep your eyes open while you sneeze so you just do your best not to crash into anybody between sneezes.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

does sneezing really debilitate some people that much? i only blink my eyes for a fraction of a second, and multiple sneezes are delayed enough for me to never lose situational awareness. the idea of getting in a wreck over some sneezes seems silly to me.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah the buildup is very distracting and the sneeze is explosive. Lucky you.

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

I don't want to be your little research monkey boy, the creature that I am is only going to destroy.
I am completely debilitated by sneezing.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Wow is this the safe space for photic sneezers? I'm... home...

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Is it true that if you sneeze in a lady's puss she's gonna have an aneurysm, or is that an urban legend ?

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I was taking a piss next to a very drunk man once, and he sneezed and poo poo his pants due to the sneeze. I was working at the bar and it was his 50th birthday party and his wife, kids and entire family was there. Welp that's my story

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Clamps McGraw posted:

I was taking a piss next to a very drunk man once, and he sneezed and poo poo his pants due to the sneeze. I was working at the bar and it was his 50th birthday party and his wife, kids and entire family was there. Welp that's my story

That's a great story. What happened then?

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
It happens to me more specifically right after I've eaten, especially something salty like fries. If I dine in at Wendy's it's pretty much a guaranteed sneezing fit when I leave.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Yup yup. Photo-sensitive sneezer since as long as I can recall.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think i'm about six miles from the closest guaranteed horse, OP, and i could probably eat about a hundred grapes without significant discomfort

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i think i'm about six miles from the closest guaranteed horse, OP, and i could probably eat about a hundred grapes without significant discomfort

i think any number of grapes over like ~20 would upset my acid reflux a little ya know, same reason i don't really drink much wine

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I sneeze between 1-7 times every time I wake up.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I got this and whenever I'm on my motorcycle I'm mildly afraid it's going to trigger and while I'm sneezing I'm going to accidentally veer into oncoming traffic.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

every week when I got outside I sneeze and I can't see and it's miserable and itchy

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Prude posted:

The condition affects 18 to 35% of the population in the United States,[2]

poll posted:

Yes, I am an ACHOO Victim 62 68.13%

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Necc0 posted:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Two theories:

As I said on page one, we've been purposefully misled by the medical elite to believe we were powerless to act, but now it is clear our time is at hand!!

Alternatively: SA isn't just the United States, maybe there's somehow a way significantly higher saturation of ACHOO Amigos in Europe or something.

e; third theory: goons as a sample group are just a bunch of overly sneezy shitters

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I enjoy sneezing and have ACHOO, I actively seek out opportunities to sneeze if I feel a photon hitting just the right spot

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Decebal posted:

Is it true that if you sneeze in a lady's puss she's gonna have an aneurysm, or is that an urban legend ?
Blowing bubbles in the vagina can be deadly, but the danger is air embolisms not aneurysms

The bigger question in the context of this thread is, why does your lady friend have a spotlight up her hooch?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
my optic nerve be all like "ZAP! pupillary light reflex motherfucker!" and my sinus nerve be all like "ugh"

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
cool thing to say to someone in our community (but only okay if you're one of us): "sneeze" you later!!

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm Sneezus, praise me children.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
23andme said this about the photic sneeze reflex for me:

"you are not likely to sneeze when suddenly exposed to bright sunlight.

68% of customers who are genetically similar to you don't sneeze when exposed to bright sunlight."

I'm not genetically broken.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I've this, OP. I keep sunglasses close at hand.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Yeah, if I need to sneeze I look at a bright light source to bring it on. It's great.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

RaceBannon posted:

I'm not genetically broken.

Frankly sneezing as a reflex shows alacrity and adaptability, so maybe actually you are super hosed up and your stat build is poo poo, ever think about that?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i think i might buy some grapes today and test my limit

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i think i might buy some grapes today and test my limit

how far did you go??

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Prude posted:

how far did you go??

I got 2 grapes into my nose but it didn't make me sneeze... I think I'm ok op???

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah, but it's OK because the sneeze momentary distracts me from the burning heat in the parking lot

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I am and it's the best. Most people live their lives knowing what's it's like to want to sneeze and not be able to, I don't have that problem. Only downside is if I've been hanging out in the dark and have to walk into broad daylight, I'll sneeze a few times sometimes. That doesn't happen too often so it's basically all wins. It even works at night, I just have to find a certain angle with a street light or something and I'm gold

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The sun makes me sneeze, not all the time but it does, all my life. Sometimes when I feel like I need to sneeze I look towards a bright light to help me.

It feels good to use the sun to sneeze sometimes.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm not allowed to sneeze anymore.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

sneezing is a good and safe christian hobby

no guilt, no regrets

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe
Yes I am sir. Feels good.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Tace Vim posted:

I dunno, your heart technically "stopping" for a moment each time seems a little satanic you know??

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

For me it's staying up more than 24 hours makes me sneeze. That and cats.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Tace Vim posted:

no guilt, no regrets

dad gay so what homage thread idea: I can't stop sneezing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Photic sneeze crew

Pro tip make sure you keep kleenex in your car