Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
  1. Lemon-Lime
  2. Western Europe, prefer domestic but if you need to assign me someone elsewhere, I can cope.
  3. hello
  4. Mechs and things with mechs on or in them (including plamo), snacks/drinks we don't get in Europe, cute slice of life manga/shows, cute romance manga/shows (the more saccharine the better, shoujo/josei/yuri/BL are all good as long as they're cute :3:). If I had to list my favourite shows, they would probably be (in no order): Turn-A Gundam, Shirobako, Seirei no Moribito, Hyouka, Yamato 2199 and Flying Witch.
  5. Want: things pertaining to mechs and other mechanical things (ships/planes/whatever!), snacks/drinks we don't get in Europe, booze (no beer, though!), cute things, books in a language I can read (English or French). Don't want: lewd things (unless they're cute romance manga that happen to also be slightly lewd)!
  6. Pen and paper RPGs/boardgames, fountain pens/ink, whiskey, sci-fi and fantasy, cyberpunk stuff, books about history and politics from everywhere around the world, Final Fantasy 14 (the MMO), fighting games even though I'm terrible at them, Doom 1/2, post-rock/prog metal/djent/chiptunes/retrowave music.
  7. Shirt size: European 2XL. No allergies, but I'm not a fan of cheese or seafood, not that I'm expecting anyone to send either of those things to me through the post.

I should mention I have all of Gundam: The Origin in print, just because individual volumes of that make for super nice gifts and are near the secret santa price range.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've edited mine like 30 times now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hey Crow, what's the procedure for sending stuff past the 09/12 deadline? Nothing I can get for my santee will get to the UK before the 15th at the earliest, and I have to resend it on top of that, so it's unlikely any gift will arrive before January. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dogsicle posted:

you can tell them after they get it/on whatever note you send with it, but the point is to not reveal it beforehand.

I'm hardly going to be the only person shipping internationally whose gift is late, because it's December, the period of the year where shipping clogs down as everyone tries to buy/send Christmas gifts.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

That Billy Bang album is the poo poo. You'll like it a lot

Confirm, it's super good.

The present I'm sending my santee arrived yesterday, so I just need to buy a few things, close the box back up, and send it off. Probably won't arrive until January since it's Christmas and all, sadly.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Sent! The postlady even reckons there's good odds it'll get there before Christmas.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
A surprise package arrived this morning:

Whisky, gin, chocolate and tea, four of my favourite things in the world - thanks, Chas McGill! We're still four days before Christmas so it got here with loads of time to spare.

I'd have posted this with a picture of me holding a glass of the Tomatin, but it's 10:30am on a week day, which is a bit too early to start drinking even by my standards. I'm definitely checking both it and the frankincense and myrrh gin out tonight, though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've definitely got a tea strainer kicking around somewhere, I just need to find which draw it's in.

And yeah, I'm definitely happy with the local gifts, thanks again! :)

e; it's not too early in the day for me to confirm the chocolate owns, though.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Dec 21, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Update: the tea and gin and Tomatin all own. Thanks again, Chas McGill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

Reading through the thread im really disappointed in the lack of illegible, serial killer-esque handwriting on these notes.

Why do you think I typed mine up? :v:

• Locked thread