Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hello, and welcome to the all new Secret Santa! Nothing bad happened last year, so we're here again to spread cheer for the season!

Schedule
Signups begin as soon as the thread is posted. Signups end on Thursday, November 24, American Thanksgiving, as soon as soon as Santa appears on the Macy's Parade, so around noon. You will get your assignments during the Cowboy's game, so around 4-5 pm EST. You will have two weeks to get presents out. Your presents should be sent out by December 9th. If you have not received a gift by January 13th, contact me and I will make things happen.

The Rules
  1. You must have a full year of posting, so a regdate of December 2015 or farther back.
  2. You must provide a link to a thread in ADTRW that you post in regularly in your sign up post.
  3. If you don't send a gift, you will receive a month's probation and a redtext telling everyone about your grinchy ways.
  4. Recommended price range for store bought items is $15-$20. Feel free to spend more or less if your gift is good. This does not apply to homemade items like paintings, crafts, short stories or music.
  5. Most of all, before you send something, ask yourself, "if the roles were reversed, would I accept this gift?" If you cannot in good conscious say yes, do not send that gift.

Signing up
If you want to sign up, follow this format. If you don't you won't get a gift and no one wants that.
  1. Your forums name.
  2. Whether you want to ship international. This means if you are willing to ship to a country outside of your area. When you sign up put which continent you live on (if it's North America put the country). You will be given assignments based on your location. This will be your version of domestic shipping.
  3. A link to the thread you're a contributor to.
  4. What are your favorite Japan things? It can be anything as long as it's Japan related.
  5. What things do you want to receive? What things don't you want to receive? Be specific! This could mean the difference between a good gift and a crappy gift. Make sure you mention if you are ok with 18+ stuff or alcohol.
  6. Non-anime/toku things you are interested in.
  7. Other things you think are necessary, like shirt size or food allergy.

You should then send an email with the subject ADTRW Secret Santa- your forums name containing your shipping details to SmokingCrowSA@gmail.com.
YOU MUST DO BOTH. IF YOU DO ONE AND NOT THE OTHER YOU WILL NOT GET A GIFT!

Merry Christmas and a Happy Non-Denominational Winter festival to all! Remember to be like this guy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

1. Smoking Crow
  2. US, America only
  3. Kaiju
  4. Big fan of anime and manga. My favorites are Rurouni Kenshin, City Hunter, Girls und Panzer, Hokuto no Ken and Franken Fran. I also like fighting games, my favorites are King of Fighters (fav characters Shingo, Terry, Chin and Athena), Virtua Fighter (fav characters Brad, Aoi and Wolf) and Guilty Gear (fav characters Ky, Baiken, Jam, ABA and Axl). I like Godzilla too
  5. I'm ok for anything as long as it isn't small, so no nendos. I'm ok with 18+ as long as it isn't Girls und Panzer. I don't drink or do drugs at all
  6. I like history, my program of study was on Early Christianity, but I'm on a big Colonial America kick right now. I like video games too, my favorite is Earthbound (of course). I like sports too, my favorites are football (fav team steelers), hockey (fav team penguins), baseball (fav team pirates) and boxing
  7. Shirt size=American L, lactose intolerance

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 24, 2016

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm a Steelers fan

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A SHIPPING ADDRESS EMAIL TO SMOKINGCROWSA@GMAIL.COM FROM THE FOLLOWING:
Namtab
El Burbo
Jarogue
Chubby the Phat
Chas McGill
Sephiroth_IRA

YOU HAVE 2 DAYS TO RECTIFY THIS OR I WILL DISQUALIFY YOU. BEFORE YOU ASK, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU SENT INFO LAST YEAR, I DELETED ALL OF THOSE EMAIL AFTER CHRISTMAS.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Phobophilia posted:

christmas is cancelled

rip

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

SANTA'S HERE

SIGNUPS OVER

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

All emails should be out, if you didn't receive a message to the email you provided, message me, and I will fix things.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Fauxtool, your santa would like to know if you have a 3ds and what kind of phone you have

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hey Crow, what's the procedure for sending stuff past the 09/12 deadline? Nothing I can get for my santee will get to the UK before the 15th at the earliest, and I have to resend it on top of that, so it's unlikely any gift will arrive before January. :(

That's fine. Please send a gift

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Also, next time pm me that your gift will be late so I can tell your santa and they won't figure out who you are

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Burbo, your gift will be a little late, but it'll get to you by the end of the month

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Well, it looks like Christmas is here, and this year it's polygonal

Akira from VF1! I'd open it and pose it, but I don't have the execution

Not only that, I got a Godzilla poster that i need to unfurl and hang up (sorry)

Thanks Double Donut!

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 9, 2017

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Is it christmas yet

We aren't done yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012