Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

50 years ago last week was Doctor Who history. The Tenth Planet episode 4 featured the Doctor regenerating for the first time, as William Hartnell left the show to be replaced by Patrick Troughton. That story has been told to death, but the real story began the week after. The Power of the Daleks was Troughton's first serial as the Doctor incumbent, and to most, it's one of Doctor Who's finest stories. There's only one problem: a few years after broadcast, the master tapes were erased. It is estimated no one has seen the serial since as late as the mid-70's, when the last known copies were sent back from Australia. For decades, we've had to wonder what the story looked like, primarily using the surviving audio matched with telesnaps. Well, wonder no more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN45T4fJAeo

The BBC has animated the Power of the Daleks, and will be released episodically on the BBC Store daily starting November 5th, 50 years to the day after the first episode was broadcast. BBC America will broadcast all six episodes two weeks later on November 19th, and the serial will be released on DVD on 21 November in Region 2 (we don't know when it will be released in other regions). While it's not one a discovery of the missing episodes, the animation is as close as we're going to get barring some miraculous discovery in someone's attic.

Once that's over, it's just a few more weeks until the Return of Doctor Mysterio, the annual Christmas special and first new Doctor Who episode in exactly one year. Filming for Series 10/Season 36 is ongoing with a scheduled debut in April, so we can all hem and haw over all the writers being terrible until then, even if it turns out that original series writer returning is the ghost of Robert Holmes. I'd post a trailer for this, but there's no good one out yet.

Class is currently in session, so that's also going on. Note that the character of Ram will appear in the upcoming series.

The previous thread can be found here. Now for the formalities.

NO SPOILERS
By edict of the moderators, this is a SPOILER-FREE ZONE. Other than backstage stuff (hiring people), DO NOT POST SPOILERS. AT ALL. Even if Queen Elizabeth II, Barack Obama, and Vladimir Putin have a three-way press conference on every channel to reveal life on Mars and also that Martha Jones is a Rutan, DON'T POST IT HERE. If you must post about spoilers, go to the spoiler thread. Episode titles can be spoiler-y, so use discretion when discussing episodes yet to air. For example, 'Hide' doesn't spoil anything, but 'OH poo poo IT'S THE DALEKS' does.

WHERE DO I START?
If you want to start with the revival, you should start with The Eleventh Hour. This doesn't mean to disregard the 9th and 10th Doctor's stories, but it's the easiest way to get caught up. If you want to watch the original series, there are plenty of places to start. You COULD start with An Unearthly Child and watch everything in chronological order. You could also watch individual serials of all the Doctors and determine which you like the best. Keep in mind, don't shotgun a whole Hartnell or Troughton in one go, or else you'll get complacent. Those 60's episodes are meant to be seen one at a time, and if you only just rented the DVD, wait a few hours between episodes.

The most popular serials for the original series you can jump into are:

First Doctor: An Unearthly Child, The Aztecs
Second Doctor: The Tomb of the Cybermen, The Enemy of the World
Third Doctor: Spearhead from Space, Carnival of Monsters
Fourth Doctor: Pyramids of Mars, The Robots of Death
Fifth Doctor: Kinda, Frontios
Sixth Doctor: Vengeance on Varos, Revelation of the Daleks
Seventh Doctor: Dragonfire, Remembrance of the Daleks

WHERE CAN I WATCH DOCTOR WHO ON TELEVISION?

Original Series:
UK - Drama, Horror
USA - Retro TV, some PBS stations
Canada - you're out of luck
Australia - Syfy

Current Series:
UK - BBC One (first run), Watch
USA - BBC America (first run), most PBS stations
Canada - Space
Australia - ABC1 (first run), ABC2, BBC UKTV, Syfy

WHERE CAN I STREAM DOCTOR WHO?
Amazon Video is the exclusive streaming partner, featuring the current series up to and including Series 9/Season 35. The original series is noticeably missing from all streaming services, sadly. The upcoming Britflix will presumably carry the show, if and when it comes out.

SHOULD I BUY THE DVDs AND BLU RAYS?
Just for the bonus features alone. Also, because you can't stream the original series.

AN INCREASINGLY LESS BRIEF GUIDE TO BIG FINISH
There are hundreds, probably thousands of Doctor Who and Doctor Who-related audio dramas released by Big Finish Productions. This is not a post telling you what audio dramas to listen to, because everyone has an opinion that is different from everyone else (some people like Minuet in Hell, believe it or not). This is a post telling you the basic info on the different series of titles there are. I'm only covering ongoing ranges, since devoting a paragraph to the Stage Plays seems a bit silly. If you're wondering why I'm about to spend a good portion of the OP about audio dramas, you are clearly new to the Doctor Who thread.

The Monthly Range
Since 1999, Big Finish have released, on a consistent basis, mostly standalone stories featuring the Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh (formerly including Eighth) Doctors. Up to 218th(!) release this month.

The Fourth Doctor Adventures
Tom Baker gets his own line of releases.

Philip Hinchcliffe Presents
Back on again! Another Tom Baker line of releases, all based on stories written by former show-runner Philip Hinchcliffe.

The New Adventures of Bernice Summerfield
The Doctor plays a supporting role to Bernice Summerfield, a companion introduced in the Virgin New Adventures.

Novel Adaptations
Based on Virgin New Adventures and Virgin Missing Adventures, the book ranges that lasted Doctor Who fans from 1991 to 1997.

The Eighth Doctor Adventures / Dark Eyes / Doom Coalition
Paul McGann's Doctor also gets his own line. Goons love 'em.

The War Doctor
Holy cow, Big Finish got John Hurt? You bet they did, and the Time War is heard for what might be the only time.

The Tenth Doctor Adventures
In slightly less astounding news, Big Finish got David Tennant and Catherine Tate to reprise their characters. Considering they are both in the prime of their careers, this range may not be regular.

The Companion Chronicles / The Early Adventures
This is important: THESE ARE NOT AUDIO DRAMAS. These are "enhanced audiobooks" for the most part, which means that one person does all the parts while another gives narration, but also contains sound effects and music cues. The Companion Chronicles usually feature just one actor, while the Early Adventures feature small casts.

Spinoffs
There are a ton of these, ranging from good (I, Davros) to who gives a poo poo (anything featuring a Big Finish-created companion).

Finally, TEN YEARS AGO we were extremely worried that Catherine Tate would ruin Christmas by being an insufferable character on Doctor Who. Today, the character of Donna is regarded as the most 3-dimensional of companions under RTD. Will history look kindly on Bill? Only time will tell.

Also, spoilers from that era referred to the episode that would be known as Blink would be the 'low budget' episode. Now THAT'S comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Change, and not a moment too soon

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CaptainYesterday posted:

WHERE DO I START?
If you want to start with the revival, you should start with The Eleventh Hour.

I was going to say that this had maybe changed since Capaldi started but it definitely hasn't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Class is bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

An index of the write-ups I've done for all the Revival Episodes so far, as well as the (distressingly large number) of Big Finish Audios I've listened to so far.

Be warned that most of the television write-ups feature a number of spoilers for future episodes as well, as they were all written months or years after I saw them on original airing. Audio write-ups may also feature references to episodes of the show, both classic and revival.

4th Doctor Adventures (Audio)
Season One

5th Doctor
Phantasmagoria | The Land of the Dead | Red Dawn | Winter for the Adept | The Mutant Phase | Loup-Garoux/The Eye of the Scorpion | Primeval | The Church and the Crown | Nekromanteia | Creatures of Beauty | Omega | The Axis of Insanity | The Roof of the World | The Game | Three's a Crowd | The Council of Nicaea | Singularity | The Kingmaker | The Gathering/The Veiled Leopard | Circular Time | Renaissance of the Daleks | Exotron | Son of the Dragon | The Mind's Eye | The Bride of Peladon | The Haunting of Thomas Brewster | The Boy That Time Forgot | Time Reef | The Judgement of Isskar | The Destroyer of Delights | The Chaos Pool

6th Doctor
Whispers of Terror | The Marian Conspiracy | The Spectre of Lanyon Moor | The Apocalypse Element | The Holy Terror | Bloodtide | Project: Twilight | The One Doctor | ...ish | The Sandman | Jubilee | Doctor Who and the Pirates | Project: Lazarus | Davros | The Wormery | Arrangements for War | Medicinal Purposes | The Juggernauts | Catch-1782 | Thicker Than Water | Pier Pressure | The Nowhere Place | The Reaping | Year of the Pig | I.D | The Wishing Beast | 100 | The Condemned | Assassin in the Limelight | The Doomwood Curse | Brotherhood of the Daleks | Return of the Krotons | The Raincloud Man

7th Doctor
The Fearmonger | The Genocide Machine | The Fires of Vulcan | The Shadow of the Scourge | Dust Breeding | Colditz | The Rapture | Bang-Bang-a-Boom! | The Dark Flame | Project: Lazarus | Flip-Flop | Master | The Harvest | Dreamtime | Unregenerate! | Live 34 | Night Thoughts | The Settling | Red | No Man's Land | Nocturne | Valhalla | Frozen Time | The Dark Husband | The Death Collectors | Kingdom of Silver | Forty-Five | The Magic Mousetrap | Enemy of the Daleks | The Angel of Scutari

8th Doctor
Televised
TV Movie: The Enemy Within | The Night of the Doctor
Audio Monthly Range
Storm Warning | Sword of Orion | The Stones of Venice | Minuet in Hell | Invaders from Mars | The Chimes of Midnight | Seasons of Fear | Embrace the Darkness | The Time of the Daleks | Neverland | Zagreus | Scherzo/The Creed of Kromon | The Natural History of Fear | The Twilight Kingdom Faithstealer/The Last/Caerdroia/The Next Life | Terror Firma | Scaredy Cat | Other Lives | Time Works | Something Inside | Memory Lane | Absolution | The Girl Who Never Was
Audio 8th Doctor Adventures
Season 1: Blood of the Daleks | The Horror of Glam Rock | Immortal Beloved | Phobos | No More Lies | Human Resources
Season 2: Dead London | Max Warp | Brave New Town | The Skull of Sobek | Grand Theft Cosmos | The Zygon Who Fell to Earth | Sisters of the Flame | The Vengeance of Morbius
Season 3: Orbis | The Hothouse | The Beast of Orlok | Wirrn Dawn | The Scapegoat | The Cannibalists | The Eight Truths | Worldwide Web
Season 4: Death in Blackpool | (Bonus) An Earthly Child | Situation Vacant | Nevermore | The Book of Kells | Deimos/The Resurrection of Mars | Relative Dimensions | Prisoner of the Sun | Lucie Miller/To The Death

The War Doctor
Only the Monstrous | Infernal Devices | Agents of Chaos | Casualties of War | The Day of the Doctor

9th Doctor
Rose | The End of the World | The Unquiet Dead | Aliens of London/World War 3 | Dalek | The Long Game | Father's Day | The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances | Boom Town | Bad Wolf | The Parting of the Ways

10th Doctor
Season 2
The Christmas Invasion | New Earth | Tooth and Claw | School Reunion | The Girl in the Fireplace | Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel | The Idiot's Lantern | The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit | Love and Monsters | Fear Her | Army of Ghosts | Doomsday

Season 3
The Runaway Bride | Smith & Jones | The Shakespeare Code | Gridlock | Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks | The Lazarus Experiment | 42 | Human Nature/The Family of Blood | Utopia | The Sound of Drums | The Last of the Time Lords | Time Crash

Season 4
Voyage of the Damned | Partners in Crime | The Fires of Pompeii | Planet of the Ood | The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky | The Doctor's Daughter | The Unicorn and the Wasp | Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead | Midnight | Turn Left | The Stolen Earth/Journey's End

Year of Specials
The Next Doctor | Planet of the Dead | Waters of Mars | The End of Time

10th Doctor Adventures (Audio)
Volume 1

11th Doctor
Season 5
The Eleventh Hour (kinda) | The Beast Below | Victory of the Daleks | Time of Angels/Flesh & Stone | The Vampires of Venice | Amy's Choice | The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood | Vincent and the Doctor | The Lodger | The Pandorica Opens | The Big Bang | A Christmas Carol

Season 6
The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon | The Curse of the Black Spot | The Doctor's Wife | The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People | A Good Man Goes To War | Let's Kill Hitler | Night Terrors | The Girl Who Waited | The God Complex | Closing Time | The Wedding of River Song | The Doctor, The Widow & The Wardrobe

Season 7
Asylum of the Daleks | Dinosaurs on a Spaceship | A Town Called Mercy | The Power of Three | The Angels Take Manhattan | The Snowmen | The Bells of Saint John | The Rings of Akhaten | Cold War | Hide | Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS | The Crimson Horror | Nightmare in Silver | The Name of the Doctor | The Day of the Doctor | The Time of the Doctor

12th Doctor
Season 8
Deep Breath | Into the Dalek | Robot of Sherwood | Listen | Time Heist | The Caretaker | Kill the Moon | Mummy on the Orient Express | Flatline | In the Forest of the Night | Dark Water | Death in Heaven | Last Christmas

Season 9
The Magician's Apprentice | The Witch's Familiar | Under the Lake/Before the Flood | The Girl Who Died | The Woman Who Lived | The Zygon Invasion | The Zygon Inversion | Sleep No More | Face the Raven | Heaven Sent | Hell Bent | The Husbands of River Song

Season 10
The Return of Doctor Mysterio

Big Finish Specials
The Sirens of Time | The Light at the End | UNIT: Dominion | UNIT: Extinction | UNIT: Shutdown | UNIT: Silenced | The Diary of River Song Volume 1 | The Diary of River Song Volume 2 | Classic Doctors, New Monsters: Volume 1

Also just for ease of access, here are most of the gifs I've posted over the years in the various threads:

William Hartnell | Patrick Troughton | Jon Pertwee | Tom Baker | Peter Davison | Colin Baker | Sylvester McCoy | Paul McGann | Christopher Eccleston | David Tennant | Matt Smith | Peter Capaldi

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 30, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Class is fine.

Though I met a girl at NYCC and we're going to a screening of Power together and my life is just pretty goddamn great right now so maybe I'm just feeling generous.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm still not entirely sure on whether or not Power will be available to watch on their streaming service if you're outside of the UK, but I've waited my whole life to see a proper version of this story I suppose I can wait three more weeks for the DVD..... I guess

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Reserved for my Episode/Audios write-ups, on the off chance that anybody other than me ever reads them :shobon:

I'm a fan - between you and Toxx/Lick The Whisks write-ups I'm getting another view on Who separate from my wife's endless "David Tennant... :swoon:" reviews.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Class is fine.

Though I met a girl at NYCC and we're going to a screening of Power together and my life is just pretty goddamn great right now so maybe I'm just feeling generous.

Euphoria does weird stuff to us. Class is still bad!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

Congrats.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Doctor What is growing up

Now grow out into your coat you bean pole

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Yeah, a true six cosplayer would weigh around 230 and get perms every week

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Was there ever a reason given for why the recent 2nd Doc releases were so barebones? Power seems to be going back to the typical "everything and the kitchen sink".

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I dress like Capaldi basically on the reg now, especially with it getting cold again - that thin hoodie works wonders under a jacket or coat, and I have Capaldi's red-lined coat. Hell, I split NYCC cosplay time this year between the Six getup and a startlingly accurate Twelve I assembled out of the stuff hanging in my closet.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Enemy of the World and the Web of Fear were fast-tracked to release, since they only recently found them. As such, they didn't have time to get bonus features.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Was there ever a reason given for why the recent 2nd Doc releases were so barebones? Power seems to be going back to the typical "everything and the kitchen sink".

they wanted to make sure they got those episodes out quick before someone deleted them again

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DoctorWhat posted:

I dress like Capaldi basically on the reg now, especially with it getting cold again - that thin hoodie works wonders under a jacket or coat, and I have Capaldi's red-lined coat. Hell, I split NYCC cosplay time this year between the Six getup and a startlingly accurate Twelve I assembled out of the stuff hanging in my closet.

It's not startlingly accurate without the eyebrows.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Facebook Aunt posted:

and the ridiculous run

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Do Big Finish audios get discounted much? I've only got into them recently and while the first fifty in the main range are nice and cheap, it looks like it becomes an expensive habit after that. - $13 each is fine, but even if I just do McGann's stuff I have a decade-plus to catch up on. The bundles don't seem much cheaper, just more convenient, and the subscriptions aren't useful if I only want stories here and there. I don't want to whine, I'd just rather not go broke feeding my addiction if there's an alternative.

(I feel like I should admit that the main reason I picked McGann: I got into Doctor Who via the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventure books, and ended up collecting the whole series - still have them in the attic somewhere. Discovering years later that other people also thought a bunch were rubbish was kind of cathartic.)

P.S., Jerusalem, and the other person who did some in another thread: I haven't read very many, but I appreciate the write-ups!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Doctor Who loving sucks!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

uvar posted:

Do Big Finish audios get discounted much? I've only got into them recently and while the first fifty in the main range are nice and cheap, it looks like it becomes an expensive habit after that. - $13 each is fine, but even if I just do McGann's stuff I have a decade-plus to catch up on. The bundles don't seem much cheaper, just more convenient, and the subscriptions aren't useful if I only want stories here and there. I don't want to whine, I'd just rather not go broke feeding my addiction if there's an alternative.

(I feel like I should admit that the main reason I picked McGann: I got into Doctor Who via the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventure books, and ended up collecting the whole series - still have them in the attic somewhere. Discovering years later that other people also thought a bunch were rubbish was kind of cathartic.)

P.S., Jerusalem, and the other person who did some in another thread: I haven't read very many, but I appreciate the write-ups!

They do themed sales every now and then, plus the occasional Humble Bundle.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I remain split between watching Class out of some sort of pseudo-professional obligation and just not giving a gently caress.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I remain split between watching Class out of some sort of pseudo-professional obligation and just not giving a gently caress.

Your next project should be watching the lovely DW spinoffs in order, starting with K-9 and Company.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Big Mean Jerk posted:

and the ridiculous run

I will have you know I am extremely practiced in imitating the bizarre gait of Peter Capaldi, and that my eyebrows are at worst passable.

Of course, there were far more accurate Twelve impersonators at the convention, including a positively uncanny and very enterprising fellow who, in a bizarre turn of events, turned out to be my second cousin once removed.

I've had a pretty wild year, guys. It's good to have Doctor Who back soon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

uvar posted:

Do Big Finish audios get discounted much?

I own something like 80-85% of the main monthly range and I think I've paid full price for.... two of the audios? These are a ton of themed sales all the time, to the point that I sometimes decide to take advantage of one and go to grab the dozen or so titles on discount and realize I already own all of them :sweatdrop:

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm a fan - between you and Toxx/Lick The Whisks write-ups I'm getting another view on Who separate from my wife's endless "David Tennant... :swoon:" reviews.

uvar posted:

I'm glad, thanks :) Mostly my original intention was just to have my own thoughts written down so I could remember what my initial take on them was but I'm pleased others get something out of them too :)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Jerusalem posted:

I own something like 80-85% of the main monthly range and I think I've paid full price for.... two of the audios? These are a ton of themed sales all the time, to the point that I sometimes decide to take advantage of one and go to grab the dozen or so titles on discount and realize I already own all of them :sweatdrop:

I'm glad, thanks :) Mostly my original intention was just to have my own thoughts written down so I could remember what my initial take on them was but I'm pleased others get something out of them too :)

FWIW, I read your reviews even though I've only ever listened to one audio.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Your next project should be watching the lovely DW spinoffs in order, starting with K-9 and Company.

When my pm inbox gets all hosed up, I just want you to know I am going to be directly blaming you and this post.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also jeru we should Do A Thing sometime. I dunno what yet but I think it would be cool.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

When my pm inbox gets all hosed up, I just want you to know I am going to be directly blaming you and this post.

I'm ok with this

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Do like I do and watch it because it's a good show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Beam is posting from the universe where Rose was dog. Somehow, Class ended up being g not poo poo in that universe.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Making sure not to skip this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-9_(TV_series)

I'm the person who says there is no bad Doctor Who and I consider Torchwood and Class to be good. K-9 is a bad show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also jeru we should Do A Thing sometime. I dunno what yet but I think it would be cool.

That would be fun for sure :)

Big Mean Jerk posted:

FWIW, I read your reviews even though I've only ever listened to one audio.

:glomp:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
<walks in>

Oh, you've done up the place. I don't like it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The_Doctor posted:

<walks in>

Oh, are we doing these now?

Where are the round things? I love the round things.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

DoctorWhat posted:

Class is fine.

Love is in the air in the doctor who thread

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

The_Doctor posted:

<walks in>

That's not the line and it's my joke dammit :argh:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
And because absolutely nobody demanded it...an index of all my reviews. Linked to my Wordpress so those without archives may enjoy.

X X X X X

Third Doctor
Classic Who
Inferno

Fourth Doctor
Classic Who
Robot | The Ark in Space | The Sontaran Experiment | Genesis of the Daleks | Revenge of the Cybermen | Terror of the Zygons | Planet of Evil | Pyramids of Mars | The Android Invasion

Big Finish
Fourth Doctor Adventures
Season One
Destination Nerva | The Renaissance Man | The Wrath of the Iceni | Energy of the Daleks | Trail of the White Worm | The Osiedon Adventure

Fifth Doctor
Big Finish
Main Range
Phantasmagoria | The Land of the Dead | Red Dawn | Winter for the Adept | Loups-Garoux | The Eye of the Scorpion | Primeval | The Mutant Phase | Spare Parts | The Church and the Crown | Nekromanteia | Creatures of Beauty | Omega | The Axis of Insanity | The Roof of the World | The Game | Three's a Crowd | The Council of Nicaea | Singularity | The Kingmaker | The Gathering | Circular Time | Renaissance of the Daleks | Extron/Urban Myths | Son of the Dragon | The Mind's Eye/Mission of the Viyrans

Fifth Doctor Box Set
Psychodrome | Iterations of I

Sixth Doctor
Classic Who
Attack of the Cybermen

Big Finish
Main Range
Whispers of Terror | The Marian Conspiracy | The Spectre of Lanyon Moor | The Holy Terror | Bloodtide | Project: Twilight | The One Doctor | The Apocalypse Element | ...ish] | The Sandman | Jubilee | ...and the Pirates, or the Lass that Lost a Sailor | Project: Lazarus | Davros | The Wormery | Arrangements for War | Medicinal Purposes | The Juggernauts | Catch-1782 | Thicker Than Water | Pier Pressure | The Nowhere Place | The Reaping | Year of the Pig | I.D/Urgent Calls | The Wishing Beast/The Vanity Box | 100

The Last Sixth Doctor Adventure
End of the Line | The Red House | Stage Fright | The Brink of Death

Seventh Doctor
Big Finish
Main Range
The Fearmonger | The Fires of Vulcan | The Genocide Machine | Dust Breeding | Colditz | The Rapture | Bang-Bang-A-Boom! | Project: Lazarus | Flip-Flop | Master | The Harvest | Dreamtime | Unregenerate! | LIVE 34 | Night Thoughts | The Settling | Red | No Man's Land | Nocturne | Valhalla | Frozen Time

New Virgin Adventures
The Shadow of the Scourge | The Dark Flame

Eighth Doctor
Big Finish
Main Range
Storm Warning | Sword of Orion | The Stones of Venice | Minuet in Hell | Invaders from Mars | The Chimes of Midnight | Seasons of Fear | Embrace the Darkness | The Time of the Daleks | Neverland | Zagreus | Scherzo | The Creed of the Kromon | The Natural History of Fear | The Twlight Kingdom | Faith Stealer | The Last | Caerdroia | The Next Life | Terror Firma | Scaredy Cat | Other Lives | Time Works | Something Inside | Memory Lane | Absolution | The Girl Who Never Was

Doom Coalition
Doom Coalition 1

War Doctor
Only the Monstrous

Miscellaneous
Multi-Doctor
The Sirens of Time | The Light at the End

Companion Chronicles
Peri and the Piscon Paradox | Solitaire

Torchwood
The Conspiracy | Fall to Earth

Jago & Litefoot
The Haunting

Twelfth Doctor
Season 8
Deep Breath | Into the Dalek | Robot of Sherwood | Listen | Time Hiest | The Caretaker | Kill the Moon | Mummy on the Orient Express | Flatline | In the Forst of the Night | Dark Water | Death in Heaven | Last Christmas

Season 9
The Magician's Apprentice | The Witch's Familiar | Under the Lake | Before the Flood | The Girl Who Died | The Woman Who Lived | The Zygon Invasion | The Zygon Inversion | Sleep No More | Face the Raven | Heaven Sent | Hell Bent | The Husbands of River Song

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 3, 2016

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So this past weekend, my friend gave me all her Doctor Who novels. She literally shoved two boxes of books (new and classic) into my hands and demanded I take them.

quote:

I can’t read Doctor Who anymore. I’ll watch the show but I came to a realization this weekend.

The Doctor is a bad guy.

How many times has he just left a companion behind and NOT told their families? How many times has he just stood idly by and let an enemy die while talking about mercy and compassion? How many times has he acted as judge and jury and passive executioner? He killed his entire race and had already moved past it two incarnations later!

The Doctor’s not a madman with a box. The Doctor is a psychopath with a box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's not wrong. The Doctor does good things on an often epic scale but at what cost?

• Locked thread