Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

cargohills posted:

Apropos of nothing, does anyone know if there's a list somewhere of all the times that The Master says "I am your master and you will obey me"? From what I can remember he says a jokey version of it in Scream of the Shalka and it's pretty much his catchphrase in Big Finish, but I can't recall hearing it very often if at all in televised stories. Terror of the Autons, maybe?

I know for a fact he says it in Planet of Fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Astroman posted:

IDGI. Does Cardiff just hate tourism revenue or something? :confused:

It's not unthinkable that the property could be re-purposed into more studio space. Also, given that Doctor Who merchandising seems to have been experiencing a steady drop, it's also possible that both parties decided that enough was enough.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jerusalem posted:

For every problem I have with that episode, I will forever love it for the Master using the word "decimate" properly :swoon:

Quite possibly the most intelligent bit of dialogue Davies ever wrote.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

TIL Santa lives in Maryland!

It doesn't say who my Santa was, but thanks for the books and the Old Bay! The cookies were delicious and didn't survive long enough to be pictured. I gotta find a place online that ships them to Texas, because :drat: they were delicious.

Put the Old Bay on stove-popped popcorn. Then ask yourself how you ever lived without such wonder.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Craptacular! posted:

I realize why BBC can't say "drat the arts, we're putting the whole budget for classical music into Doctor Who". But can't they work with their more deep-pocketed international broadcasters? Nine's episodes were partially funded by the Canadian CBC, if I remember right.

I believe BBC America, which is co-owned by AMC and gets advertiser money, has been co-financing Who since ... 2011, I want to say.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

No, just not. God drat it.

If it's true, he made it a lot longer than most people do with pancreatic cancer (especially since I don't believe he ever had surgery).

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

cargohills posted:

Peter Capaldi just said on the radio that Series 10 would be his last.

And his last episode is the Christmas special.

Joy, another festive holiday regeneration.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

NarkyBark posted:

Also something about UK bookies odds have Ben Wishaw as the favorite.

This happens every time. When Smith announced he was leaving, the bookies were putting huge odds on Ben Daniels being locked in; when Tennant said he was done, everyone was putting money on Paterson Joseph and saying it was a done deal. The BBC does a pretty good job of keeping the process under wraps right until the day or so before the actual announcement (I think in Capaldi's case, everyone knew it was him the day before because the bookmakers stopped the betting after a flood of money came in on him and then some goober on Twitter leaked it).

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jerusalem posted:

(I loving love Rings of Akhaten)

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Season 7 is great, the only thing even remotely resembling a clunker is Nightmare in Silver, and even that's buoyed by an amazing performance by Matt Smith. :colbert:

• Locked thread