Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

CommonShore posted:

It was a perfectly acceptable episode, but it's not going to get onto anyone's lists of great episodes.

This is my opinion too. It's certainly not one of the all time great episodes, but it was fine.

I think it fairs a bit better when you grade on the Christmas special curve, but there are still a few ahead of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

But can't they work with their more deep-pocketed international broadcasters? Nine's episodes were partially funded by the Canadian CBC, if I remember right.

Maybe I'm misremembering now since it's been some time, but I think series nine was actually coproduced by BBC America.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Hopefully that means he's down for more then. I think it was in this thread it was said Tennant had only done those 3 as a favour to Briggs.

I did see that in this thread recently, but I don't know where it came from. The extras on the Tenth Doctor Adventures set basically said the opposite, that Tennant was pretty much asking for the chance to do it before Big Finish even had the license for the new series.

Granted, the official extras are always going to put a positive spin on things, but if he really wasn't enthusiastic about the whole thing, I don't think they would go quite so far out there in the spin.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

quote:

The Doctors are: Peter Capaldi, Matt Smith, David Tennant, Paul McGann, Sylvester McCoy, Peter Davidson and Colin Baker.

Astroman posted:

They got everybody but T Bakes

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Oh my giddy aunt!

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/03/27/rifftrax-live-brings-the-classic-doctor-who-tale-the-five-doctors-to-the-big-screen

quote:

The RiffTrax crew - Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett - is returning to theaters once again to take on Doctor Who: The Five Doctors for two nights only on August 17 and August 24. They've teamed with Fathom Events and BBC America to bring the 1983 story back with that singular RiffTrax edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Do they release those on video or something? The UK is never going to get that in cinemas.

Sometimes, but I think it depends on if they can get the rights, which seems like a long shot in this case.

• Locked thread