Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I genuinely wouldn't mind an Eighth Doctor Unbound series. The Doctor and Penny looking for Ulysses, fighting Cybs and talking to the Doctor's grandfather, Borusa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh wow, yeah I'd forgotten about that.

Wild Endeavour: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573935592/who-is-who-a-wild-endeavour-the-pilot-episode

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I guarantee you the Indian actor would have been the Doctor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

At least he's dedicated to equality.

Exterminating absolutely everyone regardless of species, gender, race, sexual orientation, etc is equality, right? :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

He just needs to come up with a snazzy new name for the Dalek extermination ideology. Something with "alt" in front of it.

They should all get those snappy uniforms back so we can see clearly exactly who they are.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I wish Republican Dalek were a funnier Twitter account, because there seems like a lot of material to mine there, but whoever runs it just never quite captured the Dalek voice.

BUT WHAT A-BOUT THE E-MAILS?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Christmas special trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9caU8yjJmk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tom Baker is still lovely. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

So can we get some BF audios animated now?

Could... could we get Spare Parts animated? :aaa:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh.

https://twitter.com/andr3wsmith/status/808818644742500353

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Care to elucidate a little?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I've spoken to someone who had no knowledge of Tennant outside Jessica Jones.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Merry Christmas, one and all! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ1tkEFLRBM

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Considering there's a whole year before the 8th Doctor Time War set comes out, I can't help but wonder if there'll be another season of War Doctor stories before that comes out. There's a whole bunch more Time War to play with, and it certainly feels like they're deliberately not going as dark as they could with the War Doctor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Forktoss posted:

BF's biggest missed opportunity with the War Doctor is that they didn't call the fourth set Causalities of War.

:golfclap: very good.

Also, they've used Casualties already in the EDAs.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Dec 20, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CobiWann posted:

OK. People from the United Kingdom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAQZaUixmpA

Explain this. Please.

Ohhh, one of the infamous government produced Public Information Films, designed to scare the poo poo out of you so you don't put yourself in danger! :iamafag:

Like this one, which literally features... well, you'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZWD2sDRESk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Apaches is the worst of those films. The second worst is the kid that goes into an electricity substation to collect his Frisbee and gets violently electrocuted.

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26pALCl5GVs

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I just had the thought of 'what if the Nation estate managed to sell the rights for the Daleks to CBS and didn't tell anyone?' Like, in a few months time, you're watching Star Trek Discovery and suddenly the Daleks turn up on the viewscreen. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Maera Sior posted:

I just received Yuri On Ice butt stickers in the mail. :monocle: The_Doctor, are you my Secret Santa?

They arrived! :D

That's just the first part, there's more coming soon from the UK!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Rather my preference is that the Doctor not be a Christ-like savior and is more of an adventurer among others meaningful agents. I realllllly don't like certain aspects of the RTD era which essentially had all of Earth "praying" with their cell phones for the Doctor to save them whatever.

It was probably one of the things I hated most about the RTD era, and I'm not crazy about when Moffat does it either. All that "The word Doctor means 'mighty warrior" on Zejebel 7" nonsense.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

In related news, sending to the US has gotten really expensive. :/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BSam posted:

I know right!

Usually I'm in the US at some point around this time of year so I just wait till then to send my stuff out. Not this year :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

vegetables posted:

Big Finish is giving away Flip-Flop for free! It's probably the most "2016" Doctor Who story there is, by which I mean "the moral is that immigrants are bad and will chase you out of your community."

And here's the link!

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who-flip-flop-for-free

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Is that Mrs Baddeley's Christmas pudding? It wouldn't be Christmas without it!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fxBbt-gCNs

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh sure, forget the obvious.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh right, new Who has started.

Totally New York you guys.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Murray Gold's whimsical 'wacky stuff is happening' music can go die in a fire.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I missed the first ten mins. Anything happen?

Small boy swallowed an alien crystal the Doctor gave him to hold and it made him fly. Then we saw him all grown up with a baby.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Uh, there was clearly a man about to die in there, Doctor. You could hear him. Why did you just let him die?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Christ this is dull

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well, next season looks decent at least.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The season 10 trailer has a brief glimpse of Movellans!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Moffat still ran all of next year's episodes though, didn't he? Chibnall isn't in charge until '18?

Yeah, that's right. Xmas next year will be his send off.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

echoplex posted:

Anyway, I don't do superheroes (who actually goes and sees Marvel movies?*) but I was able to work in a couple of micro-homages from the ultimate NY film into the ep.

I'm gonna throw up.

Nice though! :golfclap:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wait, does that mean Grant grew up in an Ivo Shandor building? :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I keep coming back to the fact that the Doctor just walked away from an innocent man being left to die.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hello from the far off year of 2017! :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh! Forgot about Sherlock. Well that's tonight sorted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Everybody should watch the old ITV series too, Brett is amazing as Holmes.

Basically, yes. I was so chuffed when I realised the layout of 221B in Sherlock is the same as in the Brett series.

• Locked thread