Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

That's good, because my experience of Heathrow was that I had no choice but to wait. For hours :gonk:

Much like a classic DW episode then.

*old guys from muppets gif*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

CobiWann posted:

The end starts 15 April 2017

(Peter Harness, The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion, and his episode is a two-parter co-written with Moffat).

going out with a blast of diarreah

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Rochallor posted:

I recall some interview with Harness saying that he doesn't think of himself as a political writer. Which makes the Zygon story make a lot more sense. It's just taking the aesthetics of ISIS and doesn't expect you to tie them to real actual ISIS, when the nature of the story encourages just that.

If you want to read it as an actual allegory for immigration and/or ISIS, for example, the message of the episodes is completely loving insane: the way to defeat ISIS, who have a totally valid point that they're not expressing in the most measured way, is to bring their leaders into the fold and involve them in top-level decision making. You have to take the flavoring as just that.

To accidently write a bad, political, xenophobic story is much more impressive than just writing a bad story. Good job.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I haven't watched Doctor Who since series 6, and while I enjoyed it, I got sick of the universe ending and the Doctor's companions being secret awesome bad asses that can control the universe or live for thousands of years. Has the Peter Capaldi series been better and more, I don't know, controlled? How would you say they compare to Matt Smith? Not just quality, but in style and scope and the like.

Season 8 and 9 avoid that for the most part, but they are still very uneven seasons.
Season 7 is whole hog everything you hate about Who.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Can't wait for more stories with Adam! (who?)

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Moffat's wording in that interview is harsh and really disrespectful towards people who apparently did a good and inspiring enough job that he can make a living based on their effort over 50 years later. But he's not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

This is a full season with Moffat, right? Then next season will be Chibnall and new doctor, correct?

• Locked thread