Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Do Big Finish audios get discounted much? I've only got into them recently and while the first fifty in the main range are nice and cheap, it looks like it becomes an expensive habit after that. - $13 each is fine, but even if I just do McGann's stuff I have a decade-plus to catch up on. The bundles don't seem much cheaper, just more convenient, and the subscriptions aren't useful if I only want stories here and there. I don't want to whine, I'd just rather not go broke feeding my addiction if there's an alternative.

(I feel like I should admit that the main reason I picked McGann: I got into Doctor Who via the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventure books, and ended up collecting the whole series - still have them in the attic somewhere. Discovering years later that other people also thought a bunch were rubbish was kind of cathartic.)

P.S., Jerusalem, and the other person who did some in another thread: I haven't read very many, but I appreciate the write-ups!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

jivjov posted:

EDIT: Massive 8th Doctor sale today. EDAs are $5, main range stories are $5. Dark Eyes and Doom Coalition sets are $20

:supaburn:

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Curious: Is there a list of all the "X of the Daleks" titles, including the audio/books/etc? I feel like it's 100% certain that somebody has compiled it already, but I couldn't find one.

ed: Bah, ctrl+f through a bigger list will suffice.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

If you go to the wikipedia page for any individual televised Dalek story (Power of the Daleks, for instance), down the bottom you should be able to click to show a list of televised Dalek stories and a separate list of Dalek novelizations. Similarly, going to the wiki page for any individual audio Dalek story (Brotherhood of the Daleks, for instance) there will be a list down the bottom of Dalek audio stories.

So they're not all in one place, but you can get a working list from there.

Didn't even think to look somewhere so obvious! I used the list on http://www.drwhoguide.com/who.htm but WP has a few extra from Dalek spin-off stuff, etc. For (my?) future reference, not counting different versions of originals (e.g. novelizations), in fairly arbitrary order:
  • TV: Power, Evil, Day, Planet, Genesis, Destiny, Resurrection, Revelation, Remembrance, Evolution, Victory, Asylum
  • Audios: Fear, Renaissance, Plague, Brotherhood, Enemy, Invasion, Return, The Time, Blood
  • Books: War, Legacy, Prisoner
  • Comics: Attack, The Planet, Return, Emperor, Nemesis, Invasion, City, Treasure, Duel (unofficial title), The Return (different comic?), Extermination
  • Video Games: The City
  • Theatre: The Curse

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

LordZoric posted:

*Yes, I just spoilered a twelve year old niche audio drama. :dealwithit:

I clicked the 'quote' button to say your effort was appreciated, because I'm listening to that bunch at the moment... and of course the spoiler is displayed as plain text in the editor. :doh: Well, thanks anyway.

• Locked thread