Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Class is fine.

Though I met a girl at NYCC and we're going to a screening of Power together and my life is just pretty goddamn great right now so maybe I'm just feeling generous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I dress like Capaldi basically on the reg now, especially with it getting cold again - that thin hoodie works wonders under a jacket or coat, and I have Capaldi's red-lined coat. Hell, I split NYCC cosplay time this year between the Six getup and a startlingly accurate Twelve I assembled out of the stuff hanging in my closet.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's not startlingly accurate without the eyebrows.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

and the ridiculous run

I will have you know I am extremely practiced in imitating the bizarre gait of Peter Capaldi, and that my eyebrows are at worst passable.

Of course, there were far more accurate Twelve impersonators at the convention, including a positively uncanny and very enterprising fellow who, in a bizarre turn of events, turned out to be my second cousin once removed.

I've had a pretty wild year, guys. It's good to have Doctor Who back soon.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Clara was great, gently caress the haters.

(her leitmotif sucked tho)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Gonna see Power tonight with previously-mentioned lady friend. A welcome distraction from our ongoing national nightmare.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

God, the Daleks in this are real poo poo-eating-grin-having little bastards, huh? Lots of personality.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I worked on a parody of the Blink ending at NYCC but about Funko Pops, but then seasonal affective disorder/post-election trauma hit and i aborted the project

if anyone wants to rescue it i could share the raw files.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

His plan is to drag the show down to the dirt before he leaves.

You're delusional if you think Moffat is some kind of goddamn supervillain, like for real.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

why would moffat want doctor who to die without him. he's a big loving nerd who wants more doctor who to watch.

it's 2016, why do these bizarre perceptions still exist

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

He has a new jacket with blue lining instead of red this year. Possibly as a per-episode variant like blue/brown Tennant.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah, can't afford to take part this year. Same with TFSS. Major bummer. Everyone get everyone else really cool gifts so I can experience it vicariously!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Doctor... WHAT?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Doctor said it was part of his DNA now.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I mean, write weird scatological fanfic if you like, but don't pretend the episode doesn't lay out its own rules fairly clearly. :shrug:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

Tony Benn references should of course be saved for whatever thread we have discussing Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye.

That'd be the Transformers Megathread in BSS.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

IMO it's extremely important that Doctor Who remains a product of a publicly-funded broadcaster, even if that means we don't get as much of it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I might tune out after Capaldi leaves, unless our next Doctor is someone really special.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

My concern is that they'll finally cast someone who isn't a white dude but Chibnail's production/writing will leave people cold and it'll be blamed on the casting.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The idea that Harness was attempting to noncritically perpetuate anti-immigrant hate speech or anti-choice propaganda is ridiculous.

That he stumbled MASSIVELY in an attempt to wrestle with those issues is unquestionable.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

After a short time the show started using the toys because they were far more durable than the props.

That's not exactly true - they started basing the show props on the engineering resources (molds, etc.) the toymakers developed instead of their flimsy fibreglass kitbashes, but they weren't off-the-shelf toys.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I thought our source from the show said otherwise? I thought at the very least the stunt props were just toys.

That wouldn't surprise me. But like, just looking at the show, you can tell they aren't the literal toys. I've owned the literal toys, the props look significantly better.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

THERE IS NO MACRA TERROR RECONSTRUCTION

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

You can't go wrong rereading House of Leaves.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Cleretic posted:

The uncanny is definitely what I'm going for, yeah. The stuff that looks normal but breaks just enough to be unsettling. The Cracks brought a lot of it to play with and did really well at it, and there's been other, similar takes.

Another I thought of was definitely Night Terrors, and although that wasn't great as an episode the dollhouse was a great setting for this. Scaled appropriately so people can be in it like a normal house, everything being fake just felt wrong.

House of Leaves might be outside my skill level to pull from, but that's definitely something worth trying to work with at least.

House of Leaves is a goddamn tome that I don't fully grok (and I've written academic papers on it!), but the core haunted-house story of The Navidson Record is pretty easy to crib from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

When my Big iPod Classic got stolen I lost the best audiobook device in history, god Audiobook management in Apple products just only gets worse and worse.

• Locked thread